shape
carat
color
clarity

I caved. RG+cushions+bezels+milgrain+DBTYbracelet

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Hey Yssie

funny that this old thread got revived because I was going to ask you a couple of questions about it. You've almost had it a couple of years- do you wear it a lot? Also- do you find the points poke too much since they are larger diamonds? And do they stay the right way up? I know you said they didn't flip before- but that was before BGD fixed it. Since now the heavier weight is on top- do they tend to flip now? thanks!!
Thinking of doing something with some coloured gemstones- but worried with larger sizes flipping and poking.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
It's stunning! First in line if it ever hits preloved.

jennified

Rough_Rock
So pretty... I am drooling!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, I didn't expect to see this thread on the first page of SMTB again! A *very* late thank you to Zestfully for your very kind words, and a *still very late but at least in the right year!* thank you to alice!! :oops:

Thank you Jereni and fiona!!

diana Thank you! I love rose gold against my skin. Problem is that I also love white gold and yellow gold and... I do understand why people are so drawn to lower coloured stones in rose gold though, they fit together so naturally!

naty :bigsmile: Poke. Enable. Poke.
Poke.

YT ::SNORT:: Actually I snorted before I typed. I'm quite sure you'd look fantastic on me but the husbands might object.. well then again maybe not ::)

Aaaaaand moving right along then :bigsmile:

Hi pinkjewel!

I didn't wear it much for the first year but for the last several months I've been wearing it pretty much every day. I honestly don't know what changed - it's like I suddenly remembered that it's a piece of jewellery and jewellery is meant to be worn... It's actually really comfortable on - I put it on and forget about it until my sleeve rides up and a stone catches the light just right :sun:

The culets are larger so they don't poke even when I rest my wrist right on top of them, but the stones *do* wind up between my wrist and the table a lot so I wouldn't choose such an open style for larger stones with pointy culets. They also do flip constantly, but they actually don't stay upside down which is sorta surprising - I remember that was one of LGK's big complaints with her old AVC dbty bracelet. Maybe because there are just so many strands of chain side by side that force the stones to keep rolling over?

Coloured gemstones would be tons of fun - stacker bracelet!!

Thank you Charmy! Coming from someone with your style that's quite a compliment - but not a chance :bigsmile:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie, it's magnificent! :love: :love: Such a lovely unique design, and the stones are fabulous.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much jennified, Kim ::)

read.bradie

Rough_Rock
Yssie, I love your bracelet so much! :love:

Would you mind terribly if I did something similar? I really love the double chain with the first stone.

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am late to the party on this one, but I simply love your bracelet! I've toyed with doing something similar with rose cuts, and now seeing how you have the multi-chain look, I know exactly what I want. Congrats!!!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
read.bradie|1363117954|3403060 said:

Would you mind terribly if I did something similar? I really love the double chain with the first stone.

Awww thank you read ::)

And I definitely wouldn't mind at all!! What are you thinking about? Do you already have a stone(s)?

derbygal said:
I am late to the party on this one, but I simply love your bracelet! I've toyed with doing something similar with rose cuts, and now seeing how you have the multi-chain look, I know exactly what I want. Congrats!!!!

Thanks derby! I only have one rose cut but honestly, I think they're *perfect* for DBTYs - no pointy backs to topple over on and look great on both sides!!
I can't wait to see what you come up with :bigsmile:

read.bradie

Rough_Rock
Yssie|1363127328|3403214 said:
read.bradie|1363117954|3403060 said:

Awww thank you read ::)

And I definitely wouldn't mind at all!! What are you thinking about? Do you already have a stone(s)?:

No stones yet ;( , just bought a .7 OMC style for a solitaire necklace and wanted to see how I liked the size near my wrist. :naughty:

I was kind of thinking something with two strands but more than one stone, maybe different shapes or just sizes. But for now....plotting :Up_to_something:

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was thinking of varying the sizes of the rose cuts for a sort of scattered look.

I just had to come back and admire your bracelet once again. Been thinking about it all afternoon! :love: :love: :love:

LtypeI

Shiny_Rock
Trade
This bracelet is just gorgeous! I keep coming back and looking at it, and signed up for the forums just so I could make a comment :) I'm still figuring PS out, but Yssie, if I can figure out if there's a PM function here, can I bounce some ideas off of you for a design I'm thinking of? I've been wanting to do a layered DBTY necklace, but I was thinking of mixing it up with some asymmetry and different sized chains. I'm loving your eye for that, so I thought I could get some of your thoughts :)

Thanks!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LtypeI|1368804534|3449027 said:
This bracelet is just gorgeous! I keep coming back and looking at it, and signed up for the forums just so I could make a comment :) I'm still figuring PS out, but Yssie, if I can figure out if there's a PM function here, can I bounce some ideas off of you for a design I'm thinking of? I've been wanting to do a layered DBTY necklace, but I was thinking of mixing it up with some asymmetry and different sized chains. I'm loving your eye for that, so I thought I could get some of your thoughts :)

Thanks!

:wavey:

Oh wow, I'm thrilled to be the one to have coaxed you out of lurkdom :bigsmile:

Thank you! Yeah, PS doesn't have a PM function, but if you have an account on Etsy you could message me there - I'm the one the rainbow bezels are reserved for: http://www.etsy.com/listing/45164915/rainbow-bezels-reserved-for-clabi123

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Yssie your bracelet is a masterpiece :love: :love: :love: Between yours and Enerchis with the oec bezeled RG I am officially in lust :naughty: This is the next project on my wishlist. Already stone hunting :))

D

Deactivated member 42515

Yssie, can I have this bracelet? I'll take it as a friendly gesture that you wanna be friends with a long time. So every time I see this bracelet on me, I'll think of how I tricked you with kind words to give me the bracelet.

You don't have to ship it. It's only 2 weeks to Vegas. I'll just get it then.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
woofmama - aww, thank you!! Already stone hunting, huh? You move quickly, I like it :bigsmile:

YT - you're gonna have to cough up a lot more than that :naughty:
I sure hope I have it back by then!! I just mailed it to DanielM to fix the pear charm Thursday. I told them that even if the pear wasn't done I wanted the bracelet back in time, but hopefully it's a quick re-make and that's the end of this!

D

Deactivated member 42515

Tell me what you want Yssie. Since my friendship is NOT enough. :naughty:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I'm sure we can figure something out :halo:

::snort::

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results