shape
carat
color
clarity

I can''t make up my mind - so help me!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
FYI- LOGR has the same setting Lauren has up on auction... it''s only at $50 bucks right now.... I had been bidding on it, but gave up, LOL.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2008 10:34:33 AM
Author: geckodani

Date: 8/27/2008 10:32:47 AM
Author: MonkeyPie

I missed this one! Ack I hate the idea of sending out my stone...though I''d LOVE a whiteflash. Hm. Ideas!
Babe... I said the same thing. And had something made locally. And am now KICKING myself. Hard. So don''t let that deter you!
I know, and I still feel bad about that! Eesh that jewler needs a kick in the pants. I''ll see what LOGR says and if it doesn''t work out I will email Whiteflash.

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
Here's a REALLY bad picture of your stone in that setting that I did in Paint. I know the stone looks like it was cut out by a kindergartener, but I have a hard time doing the free-form cut using my trackball at work!

>

examplering.JPG

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2008 10:47:00 AM
Author: laurel25
Here''s a REALLY bad picture of your stone in that setting that I did in Paint. I know the stone looks like it was cut out by a kindergartener, but I have a hard time doing the free-form cut using my trackball at work!

<<edited to add - I think that would look really awesome!>>
Um. LOVE. Absolutely LOVE that!!!

Mini hijack - laurel, your puppy is adorable!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Deco has one of the QVC asschers with split prongs. There are pictures here. I'm late to this, but I liked #3 or the adwar posted later, let those steps shine!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a REALLY bad picture of your stone in that setting that I did in Paint. I know the stone looks like it was cut out by a kindergartener, but I have a hard time doing the free-form cut using my trackball at work!

OMG. OMG.
Ok now I have to have that one. I REALLY hope they email me back soon lol. Thanks laurel! That''s really helpful!

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/27/2008 10:49:54 AM

Awww.. thanks! He''s a sweetie! And completely insane!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2008 11:00:49 AM

Date: 8/27/2008 10:49:54 AM

Awww.. thanks! He''s a sweetie! And completely insane!
LOL. They usually are!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2008 10:58:25 AM
Author: mercoledi
Deco has one of the QVC asschers with split prongs. There are pictures here. I''m late to this, but I liked #3 or the adwar posted later, let those steps shine!
Oh thanks for the link! I was wondering what it looked like in person. My asscher is probably too teeny for that setting though - mine is barely a carat and that setting is for a 2 carat. So I had to pass. Crud.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
MP, normally I''m partial to Asschers with hardly any metal . . . but I LOVE #1!

Maybe contact LOGR and tell him what you''re looking for, and see if he can make it for you reasonably?

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2008 11:14:23 AM
Author: LaurenThePartier
MP, normally I''m partial to Asschers with hardly any metal . . . but I LOVE #1!

Maybe contact LOGR and tell him what you''re looking for, and see if he can make it for you reasonably?
Number one was my original choice - I LOVE the side view!

I dropped LOGR a line about one of their settings - the one Laurel photoshopped above - so hopefully I hear back soon. I also sent Lesley at Whiteflash an email about an Adwar full bezel setting, because I adore bezels. Fingers crossed that I hear back soon! I get paid Friday so that is when I want to order.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2008 11:17:52 AM

Date: 8/27/2008 11:14:23 AM

I dropped LOGR a line about one of their settings - the one Laurel photoshopped above - so hopefully I hear back soon. I also sent Lesley at Whiteflash an email about an Adwar full bezel setting, because I adore bezels. Fingers crossed that I hear back soon! I get paid Friday so that is when I want to order.
Read the reviews about the profile of #1. Lots people said that the points dug into their fingers and that it wasn''t comfortable. I don''t know if you would keep the same shape, but just thought I''d throw that out there.

I can''t wait to see what you pick!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2008 11:20:05 AM

Read the reviews about the profile of #1. Lots people said that the points dug into their fingers and that it wasn''t comfortable. I don''t know if you would keep the same shape, but just thought I''d throw that out there.

I did, and that''s one of the reasons why I wasn''t certain of it. My fingers swell easily so it would hurt! I could always take it to a jeweler and have them round out those edges a bit though - for the price (100) I wouldn''t mind at all.

Lol Lauren, I keep going back and forth between my thread and yours. It''s too much fun in here today!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2008 11:22:17 AM

I did, and that''s one of the reasons why I wasn''t certain of it. My fingers swell easily so it would hurt! I could always take it to a jeweler and have them round out those edges a bit though - for the price (100) I wouldn''t mind at all.

Lol Lauren, I keep going back and forth between my thread and yours. It''s too much fun in here today!
I just noticed the bottom on #1. My ring is like that and sizing the thing was a biatch! Getting it right etc.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2008 11:27:05 AM

I just noticed the bottom on #1. My ring is like that and sizing the thing was a biatch! Getting it right etc.
Ack, another strike against #1 then! I don''t want to have to size it even though my ring size hasn''t fluctuated since I was like 15. I want this thing to leave my hands VERY little lol.

Eee I can''t wait for Lesley to email me back. And LOGR. Decisions, decisions.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock

Lol, me too! I don''t think I''ve seen another thread on PS today!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2008 11:36:16 AM

It''s definitely making my day go faster!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2008 11:42:29 AM

That''s the best part
2.gif
Humpday always takes forever!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2008 11:46:00 AM

That''s the best part
2.gif
Humpday always takes forever!
Seriously......

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock

I can''t believe it''s already 11:30 here!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2008 12:27:25 PM

It''s 12:40 here.
9.gif
Bwah hah hah. Yay for different time zones, LOL.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2008 12:40:21 PM

Date: 8/27/2008 12:27:25 PM

It''s 12:40 here.
9.gif
Bwah hah hah. Yay for different time zones, LOL.
Well crap, it''s only 10:41 where I am. Darn it!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Never thought I''d be happy to live in MI, LOL!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2008 12:43:56 PM
And I bet YOUR office isn''t overrun with killer spiders, either
20.gif
Mine is!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2008 12:51:35 PM

Date: 8/27/2008 12:43:56 PM
20.gif
Mine is!
We get a few. My "office" used to be the security room. I have a counter instead of a desk. It gets interesting, LOL.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2008 12:57:10 PM

Date: 8/27/2008 12:51:35 PM

20.gif
Mine is!
We get a few. My ''office'' used to be the security room. I have a counter instead of a desk. It gets interesting, LOL.
Ish!
We have a sudden overrun of those garden spiders, the ones that make the enormous circular webs. They can''t hurt you - they aren''t poisonous, even if they could bite - but they look FREAKISH. And my husband is enchanted with them, he keeps catching bugs to drop onto their webs. Gross!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
OMG EW!!!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2008 1:50:56 PM
OMG EW!!!
I know :/ I feel all crawly and gross whenever I see them!

Eeee come on email. I am anxious to hear from LOGR and Lesley.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I emailed Jamie back about my ering. They''re crazy busy with the holiday weekend and I''m not in a hurry, so I told her to take her time. She said she should have some ideas for me by next week. :)

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2008 2:48:11 PM
I emailed Jamie back about my ering. They''re crazy busy with the holiday weekend and I''m not in a hurry, so I told her to take her time. She said she should have some ideas for me by next week. :)
Woohoo!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results