shape
carat
color
clarity

I bought a .40 M color diamond!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
If I’m being totally honest @Mamabean I like the concept, just not in love with the chain. Are you opposed to a hinged oval shaped bangle? I’d worry that it would slide around otherwise and be annoying.
I agree with you @Austina I emailed him a photo of an oval bangle I have with a hinge and safety lock. He didn’t respond yet...I do have this one so I think the dbty one would be better. What do you think?

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Wow @Mamabean, such a pretty diamond. I would be interested to see it against a white surface. It looks nicely warm, almost with something pinkish in it. Looks really wonderful!

I'm no help with setting, I would still make a ring out of something like that, it looks like it would be captivating.

jbake

Brilliant_Rock
I love that sweet little stone! I can’t wait to see it all set & beautiful! :love: She’s gorgeous!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s a toughie @Mamabean because if you want a DBTY I don’t want to dissuade you. I love the look of DBTY but again, not sure if it would end up annoying me by flipping around and the diamond not being ‘up’ on my wrist. I can only speak to what I’d like, and that would be an oval hinged bangle where the diamond would always be right way up IYKWIM.

BTW I :love: your diamond, when I saw an M OEC at Old World Diamonds, it faced up really white, but I’m really smitten with less than bright white diamonds now I have Bella.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow @Mamabean, such a pretty diamond. I would be interested to see it against a white surface. It looks nicely warm, almost with something pinkish in it. Looks really wonderful!

I'm no help with setting, I would still make a ring out of something like that, it looks like it would be captivating.
The pink is me @Lykame! Haha I’m wearing a pink top! ! I was trying to take it without me in front of it but I couldn’t do it. It’s on my white marble counter in some of the pics..

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love that sweet little stone! I can’t wait to see it all set & beautiful! :love: She’s gorgeous!
Thank you @jbake! It is so sweet..She’s too bitty to put in a ring..:think:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
It’s a toughie @Mamabean because if you want a DBTY I don’t want to dissuade you. I love the look of DBTY but again, not sure if it would end up annoying me by flipping around and the diamond not being ‘up’ on my wrist. I can only speak to what I’d like, and that would be an oval hinged bangle where the diamond would always be right way up IYKWIM.

BTW I :love: your diamond, when I saw an M OEC at Old World Diamonds, it faced up really white, but I’m really smitten with less than bright white diamonds now I have Bella.
Thank you @Austina..I have a hinged bangle so it would be more of the same..I have a very tiny diamond in a DBTY bracelet that I don’t take off..It just fits and it does flip but because it’s so teeny I don’t notice. I don’t know what to do with it but I’m keeping “Baby”.
I LOVE your Bella! :love:

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
The pink is me @Lykame! Haha I’m wearing a pink top! ! I was trying to take it without me in front of it but I couldn’t do it. It’s on my white marble counter in some of the pics..

He he a pink top huh. :lol:

Your white counter is beautiful and dappled and sort of grey toned :D.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
He he a pink top huh. :lol:

Your white counter is beautiful and dappled sand sort of grey toned :D.
It was my girlie girl day! :lol:

jbake

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you @jbake! It is so sweet..She’s too bitty to put in a ring..:think:

I’ve been wanting a dbty bracelet for awhile now, so selfishly I would love to see you get one!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am so cool with pink tops, especially as it compliments your new diamond so well!!! :D
:lol-2::P2:roll2: It has black and white in it too! :mrgreen2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’ve been wanting a dbty bracelet for awhile now, so selfishly I would love to see you get one!
I have one that I wear and never take off. The diamond is very tiny..It has a memory attached to it..I would wear it with the new one if I get it. I really don’t know what else to do with it. I just visualized it being a little bigger. Maybe I should do a ring? It would be like a wedding band then. :think: I will make David truly crazy..I flip back and forth..

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok! I just emailed David and I’m back to a bezel ring. It will probably be like a band which is fine...and I’ll stack it.. I can see her more often that way! She gets shipped off on Monday :appl:

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Ok! I just emailed David and I’m back to a bezel ring. It will probably be like a band which is fine...and I’ll stack it.. I can see her more often that way! She gets shipped off on Monday :appl:

Perfect! I think that's lovely, she'll be so lovely!

What metal will you use? Or will you two tone her?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Perfect! I think that's lovely, she'll be so lovely!

What metal will you use? Or will you two tone her?
Thank you! I’m going to do it in white gold with palladium so it never has to be rhodium dipped. She’s not yellow..more silvery so the white gold should be pretty. I’m having a two tone band made by David though..I’m excited about that too!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She is so cute @Mamabean! I like that hard bangle but also like the idea of a stacking ring.

I've been thinking larger M color too. I know I'll see lots more color in it because its larger though. I was also thinking yellow gold which may also
bring out more of the color. So hard to figure things out when you dont have the stone in hand. It makes all the difference. So glad you are keeping
her!

Looking forward to seeing her in her future home!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
She is so cute @Mamabean! I like that hard bangle but also like the idea of a stacking ring.

I've been thinking larger M color too. I know I'll see lots more color in it because its larger though. I was also thinking yellow gold which may also
bring out more of the color. So hard to figure things out when you dont have the stone in hand. It makes all the difference. So glad you are keeping
her!

Looking forward to seeing her in her future home!
Thank you @tyty333 This has been an eye opening experience. I don’t like a diamond to have a yellow undertone..I like a light brown undertone. Mine has that and a silvery look to it but not yellow. I’ve been through a lot of them and most have yellow when they put them on the video. It’s what you like..I LOVE this color.. but like you don’t know what it would look like at in a larger carat. I think the color would really show more..That could be good or bad..If it had a yellow undertone I would go with yellow gold but since mine has a silvery light brown undertone I’m happy to get my white gold with palladium.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
H łohćjj
Thank you @jbake! It’s so weird to love a diamond but I think she’s so sweet too!

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
I went there first so I could catch you before you boarded! :lol:
Thank you for that! I'm so glad that you're pleased. I like the idea of a stacking ring, but I also like the idea of a bangle. :P2 I think a 40 pointer is a great size because it's not invisible, and it's affordable. This specific size is what I was aiming for as the side stones in my necklace project, so I'm definitely a fan. Maybe in the future you could do stacking rings with same sized diamonds of other colors to wear together? Or maybe find sisters to this stone and have it made in different gold colors, to wear as a set? The possibilities are endless! I look forward to seeing what you end up with.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you for that! I'm so glad that you're pleased. I like the idea of a stacking ring, but I also like the idea of a bangle. :P2 I think a 40 pointer is a great size because it's not invisible, and it's affordable. This specific size is what I was aiming for as the side stones in my necklace project, so I'm definitely a fan. Maybe in the future you could do stacking rings with same sized diamonds of other colors to wear together? Or maybe find sisters to this stone and have it made in different gold colors, to wear as a set? The possibilities are endless! I look forward to seeing what you end up with.
That’s my plan! I like the idea of sister diamonds to stack with her!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awww, it's sweeeet! :love: :appl: And, did anyone notice the darling little blue heart in the middle of this one?
happy%20hearts.gif
(sorry if mentioned, I did not read all posts!) I just lurve hearts.
daydreaming.gif

1000ab18-667d-4e04-8595-57340c56ff23-png.669508

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awww, it's sweeeet! :love: :appl: And, did anyone notice the darling little blue heart in the middle of this one?
happy%20hearts.gif
(sorry if mentioned, I did not read all posts!) I just lurve hearts.
daydreaming.gif

1000ab18-667d-4e04-8595-57340c56ff23-png.669508
Awwwwww! I never noticed that! It loves me! I love you too little baby! :love:

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Baby is on her way to California! :love:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
9963A5A5-B941-4AB9-A787-ED317EF29161.png
I just received my .40 M color bezel stacking band from DK! I can’t even see a tint! :think:

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
9963A5A5-B941-4AB9-A787-ED317EF29161.png
I just received my .40 M color bezel stacking band from DK! I can’t even see a tint! :think:

Lovely! :geek2:

See how you find it under lots of different lighting - well cut stones tend to be able to disguise their colour very well! Especially from face up. Hmm.

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love it!!! How bout a profile shot....?!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sweet! Clean, crisp...nice on its own or stacked with others!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
03E8CF08-AFB3-45C9-877E-D86631C6BB2D.jpeg 0E894FAB-FA1B-4233-9D8B-680B1F416FF5.jpeg C83DB898-89D2-4B4B-8BFB-37D91AC6DC70.jpeg
Thanks everyone! These are David’s photos..It looks like it has an inclusion but it’s not. It makes me think about getting a larger M. I’m drawn more to the faint brown instead of yellow undertone. When I looked at it in the video on the James Allen website it had a more metallic look..I’m REALLY tempted to try a larger one like this one!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results