shape
carat
color
clarity

I am sad and upset.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
ETA: I have now seen the diamond myself and can confirm what my boyfriend saw.

So, most of you know that I talked my BF into buying online after I found PS and read everything on here. He was never comfortable with the online thing and still isn't . . . and now this . . . We bought a diamond from WF and were really nervous about it BUT it ended up being GORGEOUS and I fell in love with it. Then there was the setting question and after looking at almost 3 dozen settings at almost a dozen local places we decided to go with the WF channel set platinum setting for $1530, a little out of our price range but I thought since we saved almost $500 by buying the diamond online, we'd splurge and we felt it would be better not to deal with 2 different vendors . . .

I made it very clear to my sales contact at WF that I was a perfectionist and needed everything to be just right with the setting. By this time, I guess I got real comfortable with WF's reputation and never expected a problem. I was even telling my best friend just 2 days ago that when her boyfriend goes to buy her ring, he should talk to me first because I now have the perfect place to buy her BIG rock and what fun for me to help him pick it. Well, last night my ring arrived by FedEx . . . my boyfriend has decided that he doesn't want me to see the finished ring till her puts it on my finger, so he insisted that I NOT see it. I told him he needed to make sure everything is perfect because we only had 10 days to send it back. I fully expected that everything would be perfect. Well, I come home from my guitar lesson last night and wake him up to ask him how the ring was . . .

He said he is REALLY disappointed. The center diamond is off kilter, not set straight but is tilted to one side. The channel setting is not square with the diamond AND there are some small scratches and dents in the platinum near the channel set side stones, AAARRRGGGGG !!!! And to top it all off, he won't let me see it because he still wants something to be a surprise (he let me help with picking the diamond and setting after much convincing). So, to add to the sadness from having him disappointed, I am extra worried and upset because not only do we have to play this shipping game, back and forth (more $ that I could have saved had we purchased locally) but he isn't as much of a perfectionist as I am . . . I am a scientist and little imperfections are obvious to me that he will just skip over, so who knows what else is wrong with it that he hasn't picked up on . . .

I am SO SAD !!! I feel like crying. I called WF and am waiting to hear back, my sales rep was in a meeting. I have had this lump in my throat since last night, didn't sleep well and am just really upset . . . and now my BF can say I told you so about buying locally.

After having such a GREAT experience buying the diamond from WF, I am floored that they would let a ring out their door without a quality control check. I just wanted to share this with you guys and hope you can ease my fears while I wait to hear back from them.

hikerchick

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
sorry to hear of your dissapointment hikerchick, but i am confused... are you proclaiming your dissapointment and saying there is poor craftmanship even though you haven''t actually seen it for yourself yet?
33.gif

i am not badgering, just clarifying.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm sad too because it doesn't sound like a very positive experience for you and your bf at all.

And honestly I too am surprised that they would let something like what you described out the door. Scratches on it, stone off-kilter? That sounds really obvious that something is wrong with the setting and WF typically is very good about catching things like that. HOWEVER if something is wrong, they will definitely fix it, so no need to cry or get too upset. BF was NOT right about buying locally. I have done both and my online purchases are hands down better experiences. And I have had WF do custom work for me also.

In any case, it's kind of hard for you to speak to your sales rep about what your boyfriend saw since you haven't even seen the ring yourself, maybe HE should be the one speaking to WF about getting everything taken care of. And I have no doubt that it will get taken care of, WF is exemplary about customer service, assuming something is wrong. Good luck!

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
I am telling you what my BF told me about the ring. He doesn''t post on here . . . he has seen it, you are right, I haven''t seen it but I believe him. Does that make sense?
And now, WF is telling me there is no way anything is wrong with it and he is upset I am talking to you guys, but I don''t know where else to turn, I bought the diamond because of PS, and I feel like I have been tooting the WF horn for weeks and now that something is wrong, I am being to made to feel as though I am wrong to come here for support . . . I just feel like crying . . . I hope it wasn''t all a major mistake.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
You might want to try to talk to John Quixote, he posts on here, his name is John Pollard. You can call WF and ask for him. He is their customer advocate and his presence here on the forums is large and he is quite helpful.

Interesting that your rep is telling you nothing is wrong with the setting. Now I really wish you had seen it for yourself. It's kind of hard to argue for a case when you aren't sure what you are arguing for?!

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/25/2007 11:37:30 AM
Author: Mara
I''m sad too because it doesn''t sound like a very positive experience for you and your bf at all.

And honestly I too am surprised that they would let something like what you described out the door. Scratches on it, stone off-kilter? That sounds really obvious that something is wrong with the setting and WF typically is very good about catching things like that. HOWEVER if something is wrong, they will definitely fix it, so no need to cry or get too upset. BF was NOT right about buying locally. I have done both and my online purchases are hands down better experiences. And I have had WF do custom work for me also.

In any case, it''s kind of hard for you to speak to your sales rep about what your boyfriend saw since you haven''t even seen the ring yourself, maybe HE should be the one speaking to WF about getting everything taken care of. And I have no doubt that it will get taken care of, WF is exemplary about customer service, assuming something is wrong. Good luck!

I am having my BF call them tonight after work. He can''t check email or make calls during his worktime, so I have been the one in contact with them all this time and you are right, that I can''t talk to them and my BF needs to talk to them for a few reasons, one I am upset (BF is ALWAYS calm), and I haven''t seen it so I cannot respond to being told that it can''t be off-kilter or uneven or scratched with anything except I believe my BF.

It will be hours before BF is able to call them and in the meantime, I am just upset. The phone conversation with my sales rep just made me feel even worse . . . ugh !!!!!
I am sorry to be dumping this here, but I guess I have nowhere else to vent my sadness.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d say at this point, YOU need to see the ring. I realize he wants an element of surprise, but, you picked out the stone, and the setting, it''s not like you don''t have an idea of what the ring looks like.

Look at the ring, and let the proposal be the surprise.
2.gif

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/25/2007 11:45:02 AM
Author: Ellen
I''d say at this point, YOU need to see the ring. I realize he wants an element of surprise, but, you picked out the stone, and the setting, it''s not like you don''t have an idea of what the ring looks like.

Look at the ring, and let the proposal be the surprise.
2.gif

Ellen,
I was up half the night and tried to convince the BF that I NEED to see it now and he kept saying, he will talk to them directly and draw pictures of the things that are wrong and ship the package and take care getting everything set right . . .
7.gif

He doesn''t realize that by not seeing it myself, I just feel even worse.

colorkitty

Shiny_Rock
(((HUGS)))

I''m very sorry you''re having a bad experience. Please don''t doubt your decision to buy online. Sometimes things go wrong that we have no control over, but that does not make our decisions bad.

You''re not wrong to seek support. You''re going through a stressful event. I don''t have any tips on how to deal with WF because I have no experience with them, but I do want to lend my support to you. I hope everything works out for the best.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2007 11:48:23 AM
Author: hikerchick

Ellen,
I was up half the night and tried to convince the BF that I NEED to see it now and he kept saying, he will talk to them directly and draw pictures of the things that are wrong and ship the package and take care getting everything set right . . .
7.gif

He doesn''t realize that by not seeing it myself, I just feel even worse.
Have you told him this??

And I know you''re upset, but honestly, this really doesn''t sound like WF. And Mara''s right, you can have trouble anywhere, trust me.

I DO know how it feels to have your SO tell you, "I told you so". Frankly, I''d rather stick needles in my eye.
9.gif
2.gif

Little humor injection there. Try to stay calm, this will all work out. Really.
28.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd be upset he even told me if he wouldn't let me SEE the ring for myself!!! Talk about an imagination getting license to work overtime. That's like saying 'oh your new mercedes has a BIG DENT in it but i don't want you to see it cuz you'll get all upset...and I'll just fix it for you'. You mild will go crazy making up all sorts of dire things and probably wondering forever what was wrong with it...what it looked like. But most men probably don't realize that. Typical! hehe.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i totally understand the need to vent your sadness and dissapointment but....
yeah, you need to see the ring first.

i have no doubt wf will make things right if there is a problem.

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you colorkitty . . . I just feel really alone in trying to deal with this . . . hence the leaning on you guys. BF''s at work, noone else around me, friends or co-workers know that we are ring shopping and BF doesn''t want me to tell our families that we are buying online, so I have noone to talk to . . .

I am not trying to badmouth WF, I had such a GREAT experience buying the diamond, they were so helpful and it was SUCH a great diamond. I know the rep is upset about me posting on PS, and I feel for him but I am upset too . . . and having him react with "there is NO way there is anything wrong" and "I see you posted on PS" and not being able to say anything to either comment, because I haven''t seen the ring myself and also feel guilty posting on PS about this but feel so alone . . . I wanted to apologize to him about posting on PS and maybe I shouldn''t have but I am sitting here at work unable to concentrate on anything else . . .

7.gif
7.gif
7.gif

devientdrow

Brilliant_Rock
Calm down. I believe you, theres no reason for you or your BF to lie. The fact that your eyes haven''t seen it doesn''t discredit you at all. Can peoples eyes play tricks on them? Is there a possibility he thinks there is a scratch where there is dirt or the stone really isn''t off kilter it''s just an optical trick? Yes. But WF should at least check into it to make sure. I think after the money people spend on diamonds and settings, companies should bend over backwards to make sure you are happy. That''s the bottom line, making you and your BF happy.

However if you are going to be the one to discuss this with the sales rep then you NEED to have the ring in your hands when your on the phone with them. I know he wants it to be a surprise but getting this resolved is more important. Maybe he could pick out your wedding band as a surprise or something.

OR since it sounds like you are getting very upset by this anyway, why don''t you have your BF handle this. You sound like me. I am a perfectionist and a control freak! I will be pushy and get my way or get things resolved where I feel my husband will give up, so I tend to handle that kind of stuff but it might be good for you emotionallty to let him handle it for a while.

I''ve heard really good things about WF and still think you might have a chance at getting this resolved in a way that makes you happy. Everyplace messes up sometimes but I hope they resolve this for you!

Good Luck!

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Ellen, Mara and Belle . . .

Thank you for your kind words. When the sales rep said "Your boyfriend must be kidding" . . . I wanted to say, "there is nothing that would make me happier or angrier than him kidding about this" . . . he better NOT be kidding, I am NOT finding this funny. Well, my BF is going to call them tonight after work around, 6 pm EST and until then, I just have to try not to let me imagination run away with me . . . I am going to insist that he show me the ring tonight.

Atleast I now know to take LOTS of pictures of the things that are wrong, because I don''t want them tell me there was nothing wrong, if there is something wrong. I am sure they will fix it, I am just upset at having to go through all of this . . .
7.gif

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/25/2007 12:01:54 PM
Author: devientdrow
Calm down. I believe you, theres no reason for you or your BF to lie. The fact that your eyes haven''t seen it doesn''t discredit you at all. Can peoples eyes play tricks on them? Is there a possibility he thinks there is a scratch where there is dirt or the stone really isn''t off kilter it''s just an optical trick?
Good Luck!

I hope it is just his eyes, because I would feel a whole lot better if he were just having a cross-eyed moment . . .

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
okay, i admit, i did have the thought of maybe the bf is just playing games. as in ''oh the ring is awful, i told you this would happen if we bought online!'' all well knowing the ring is perfect and he is going to surprise you with the little beauty later.
11.gif
to be put in the position either way (if it is messed up or isn''t) without actually seeing it just stinks. it doesn''t sound like your rep at wf was exactly congenial either
38.gif
but i can see their side too. they have the high res pics of the ring and can see what is going on with it, you started a potentially damaging thread and haven''t actually seen the product. it''s not the best combination for a good outcome. again, it just stinks to be put in this situation.

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/25/2007 12:16:30 PM
Author: belle
okay, i admit, i did have the thought of maybe the bf is just playing games. as in ''oh the ring is awful, i told you this would happen if we bought online!'' all well knowing the ring is perfect and he is going to surprise you with the little beauty later.
11.gif
to be put in the position either way (if it is messed up or isn''t) without actually seeing it just stinks. it doesn''t sound like your rep at wf was exactly congenial either
38.gif
but i can see their side too. they have the high res pics of the ring and can see what is going on with it, you started a potentially damaging thread and haven''t actually seen the product. it''s not the best combination for a good outcome. again, it just stinks to be put in this situation.

Do you think I should just delete this? I don''t want to get them upset . . . I am NOT trying to get them upset, I just wanted some support in dealing with this, maybe I was wrong for posting this, if you think I should delete it, I will . . .

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hikerchick do you have the photos that Whiteflash took just before they despatched the ring? If you have a good look at them you would see if anything is wrong.

Other than that if it was me I would be hunting round the house for the ring! (thats if you share a house of course). I would definitely want to see it for myself. I don''t understand why your boyfriend has such a problem showing you the damage.

I hope this gets resolved for you. I can understand you are upset but give WF a chance to sort this out if its their fault.

Maisie

colorkitty

Shiny_Rock
I am not trying to badmouth WF, I had such a GREAT experience buying the diamond, they were so helpful and it was SUCH a great diamond. I know the rep is upset about me posting on PS, and I feel for him but I am upset too . . . and having him react with 'there is NO way there is anything wrong' and 'I see you posted on PS' and not being able to say anything to either comment, because I haven't seen the ring myself and also feel guilty posting on PS about this but feel so alone . . . I wanted to apologize to him about posting on PS and maybe I shouldn't have but I am sitting here at work unable to concentrate on anything else . . .

I think I'm going to have to don my flame-free undies and say something hikerchick is probably too nice to say, or even think, because I don't have the self-control to keep it to myself: Red flags are going up everywhere when I hear a company does not want customers to post negative experiences on PS. Because those same companies don't seem to have any problem with PS members raving about their products and services, nor do they mind the referrals that come from this site. If hikerchick's boyfriend had raved to her about the ring, and she'd come here to report that, somehow I doubt sales rep would mind. Whew! No body stone me, please, unless it's with diamonds. I'm not trying to badmouth WF, and would totally consider purchasing from them, but I do think their reaction to this seems a little strange. That is all.

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
I personally don''t think you should delete this thread. If there is something indeed wrong with the ring, it is helpful for the rest of us to see how WF handles it. And if it''s all in your bf''s imagination, then you can just come here and say so.

I just think that a thread like this is good information for the consumer. I''m not encouraging slamming WF or anything, since I bought my earrings from them, but this is a consumer advocate board, and I find different points of view and opinions informing and useful.

Just my two cents.

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
Hikerchick,

I am really sorry that you are so upset. If it were me, I would need to see the ring at this point. You and your BF selected the stone and setting together. You should tackle any issues together as well. This is a major purchase. You are feeling so upset and anxious. I think you would feel better if you could see the ring for yourself. Not doubting your BF here or anything. I just think that at this point in the purchase, you should both be on the same page.

And don't feel bad about posting your experience. No business is perfect, including WF. It is my feeling that how a vendor handles customer problems and issues is much more important than getting it perfect every time. Sharing our total experiences--from ordering, to recieving to problem resolution--helps both buyers and vendors.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d contact JohnQ, he''ll straighten this out for you. I''d love to see the pics of the ring before it was shipped out. That would help a lot. I doubt your BF is playing a trick on you... But ya never know.
20.gif
Hang in there, and good luck!!!!!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2007 12:19:36 PM
Author: hikerchick

Date: 1/25/2007 12:16:30 PM
Author: belle
11.gif
38.gif

Do you think I should just delete this? I don''t want to get them upset . . . I am NOT trying to get them upset, I just wanted some support in dealing with this, maybe I was wrong for posting this, if you think I should delete it, I will . . .
honestly, i don''t think the title was fair BUT i can absolutely understand where you were at with it. i am just sorry that you have to deal with these emotions now. buying a ring...diamond...anything major is a HUGE deal full of emotion anyway, much less adding on other potential issues. i hope your bf will let you see the ring soon and this can all be worked out. i''m not worried about what wf thinks about this thread, they have their product and their customer service to rely on. you were just looking for support and that is understandable considering the situation.

solange

Brilliant_Rock
I am sorry to hear that you are so upset at what should be such a joyful time for you and your boyfriend to share.
You might tell him that he is prolonging your anxiety by not showing you the ring. This is just one of many issues that you will be sharing in married life. Since the engagement ring is not a surprise, you should both be involved in the resolution of the problem.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think I''m going to have to don my flame-free undies and say something hikerchick is probably too nice to say, or even think, because I don''t have the self-control to keep it to myself: Red flags are going up everywhere when I hear a company does not want customers to post negative experiences on PS. Because those same companies don''t seem to have any problem with PS members raving about their products and services, nor do they mind the referrals that come from this site. If hikerchick''s boyfriend had raved to her about the ring, and she''d come here to report that, somehow I doubt sales rep would mind.

I might be wrong but maybe the rep is worried as they haven''t had the chance to look at the problem let alone fix it. I feel a bit worried that this has been posted and yet the ring hasn''t even been sent back to WF yet. If it was me I would probably post a complete review of the service at the end of the whole experience.

Just my opinion and not meant in anyway to upset Hikerchick anymore than she already is.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2007 12:28:16 PM
Author: colorkitty

I am not trying to badmouth WF, I had such a GREAT experience buying the diamond, they were so helpful and it was SUCH a great diamond. I know the rep is upset about me posting on PS, and I feel for him but I am upset too . . . and having him react with ''there is NO way there is anything wrong'' and ''I see you posted on PS'' and not being able to say anything to either comment, because I haven''t seen the ring myself and also feel guilty posting on PS about this but feel so alone . . . I wanted to apologize to him about posting on PS and maybe I shouldn''t have but I am sitting here at work unable to concentrate on anything else . . .

I think I''m going to have to don my flame-free undies and say something hikerchick is probably too nice to say, or even think, because I don''t have the self-control to keep it to myself: Red flags are going up everywhere when I hear a company does not want customers to post negative experiences on PS. Because those same companies don''t seem to have any problem with PS members raving about their products and services, nor do they mind the referrals that come from this site. If hikerchick''s boyfriend had raved to her about the ring, and she''d come here to report that, somehow I doubt sales rep would mind. Whew! No body stone me, please, unless it''s with diamonds. I''m not trying to badmouth WF, and would totally consider purchasing from them, but I do think their reaction to this seems a little strange. That is all.
colorkitty, i agree, the reaction from the rep seems harsh but, i can see both sides. it just feels like ''knee-jerk'' reactions both ways. which again, considering the circumstances, is understandable.
i just hope this all works out for hikerchick. i know the whole online thing has been a challenge.

the other Jake

Shiny_Rock
I think the title of the post was a little cruel, but I can completely understand your hopeless feeling and being upset. WF thrives on its reputation and this post''s title can not be helping that. I think your b/f only made it worse by not letting you see it, but I don''t think YOU can be dissapointed until you see it for yourself. It will all work out- I promise (and yes i''ve bought from WF and was completely satisfied)

colorkitty

Shiny_Rock
I feel a bit worried that this has been posted and yet the ring hasn''t even been sent back to WF yet.

You don''t think it''s important for customers to know that a item came from WF not to the satisfaction of the customer (the bf) and their first reaction seemed to be that there was no way there was something wrong with the ring or that her boyfriend must be kidding?

We all need to vent sometimes.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hikerchick, I''m sorry your so upset. Honestly, if there was a problem with the ring, I think your BF should be trying to work it out with WF and never mentioned a thing about it to you until it was resolved. Why put you though that and then not even show it to you? Mistakes do happen, every vendor has messed up a time or two and things have gotten though quality control that shouldn''t have. WF is an honest company and if they are at fault, i''m 100% confident they would fix it to the customers satifaction. They do send out the pictures and that would be helpful. This is a place where consumers should be able to share the good and bad, I just think it would be nice for you to have firsthand pics and info before reporting b/c although I don''t think your BF is playing a joke, it''s possible and he probably didn''t think you''d run and post on public forum. Anyway, if the ring is as your BF describes, I know WF will make it right or make a new one if necessary. You will end up with a ring you can feel proud of. Please keep us posted.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results