shape
carat
color
clarity

I am not a Flipper! Public notice to all

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
VRBeauty|1356987290|3343870 said:
MC|1356976810|3343712 said:
Circe|1356976600|3343707 said:
ruby59|1356976016|3343698 said:
Circe - there is a level of friendship and trust here. To buy an item and sell it rather quickly for hundreds of dollars in profit is sleezy, imo.

Aaaaaaaaaaaah, missed the part about profit - I was more imaginging PSr one buys the ring, realizes it clashes with their set, can't return it, resells it charging a little extra for shipping and hassle, rinse, repeat.

There are many different scenerios, but one person DID profit from something she bought from me. She bought it at a pre-loved discount, then got the full upgrade value via trade in and used that to get a bigger diamond. It was sooooo sleezy!

I'm not sure I understand why this is sleazy. Apparently you didn't have the need or time or inclination to upgrade, and she did. I do understand why you'd rather see the piece that you once love go to someone else who will love it, but... that doesn't always happen in real life.

ETA - unless of course she bargained your price down. Then it is a bit sleazy IMHO.
[/u

:angryfire: Made me doubt my assessment of the item, which ended up being correct.

No, Fortekitty, that was another seller who was bargained down because there was supposedly a problem then buyer resold it for more money and no mention of the flaw.

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
I am thoroughly confused by this thread. What is a flipper? Where are people selling things?

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Ladies and gentlemen these types of posts are unnecessary and only hurt the Preloved forum.

To clarify, when we receive a number of complaints from a number of users, we often respond with a polite warning to a member. This is the case in this situation, a polite reminder was issued that all items on preloved needed to be personal preloved items. We issued this warning after checking the many ebay transactions ourselves and finding among other things a number of rings in different sizes.

If we know a member is flipping we do not allow them to sell on preloved, period. If we are concerned that it appears they are flipping, we will issue a polite warning as we have done in the past with other users.

If anyone has any further questions or requires clarification please contact us directly.

We do not allow cross posting nor is this thread helpful, so we will be closing it at this time.

Thank you for your cooperation. :))

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results