shape
carat
color
clarity

I am contemplating something drastic...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CBL

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/15/2010 10:59:35 PM
Author: dreamer_d
Date: 3/15/2010 9:29:51 PM

Author: CBL

This is my favorite thread in a long time. Dreamer, I think your enviable conundrum is getting us all to think about what WE ultimately want, and that is fun for us, so thank you!

That said, I personally am not a fan of the waiting idea. You want a change and I want you to have a change because I want to see pictures of what I''m sure will be MY dream ring! Vacation schmacation. Savings schmavings. Patience is not my strong suit, clearly, and I say if you''ve got the itch and you''ve got the stick, scratch away.

You keep coming back to something really practical but that I think would be totally stunning...1.5ish (or a bit bigger?) in an x prong. I cannot upgrade so I tend to always think about setting changes. But if I COULD upgrade, a lovely 1.5 H&A in a simple setting would be classic and just divine and I cannot imagine you (or I!!!) would ever regret that decision. And you could always upgrade again if necessary.

I like Phoenix''s thinking here. But no matter what you choose I am excited to see the final product because you have great taste!!

Well that is a very nice way of regarding my posts! I suspect not everyone is as charitable
2.gif

I went out trying on rings today and it was very clear to me that a 1.75ct diamond is my dream ideal perfect size. But it is also very clear to me that I want at least H color. So I will need to save for a few years before making that leap.

So right now I am going to upgrade clarity, and maybe a little size
2.gif
, and I am going to focus my attention on getting a setting I love and adore! I think it will make all the difference in the world to how I feel about my ring. I want something a little unique and special, a little quirky, like me
4.gif

Dreamer you are too cute. And I think you have a great perspective! I will follow this process with interest and seek your opinion as I too am trying to find the perfect setting!

In the meantime, up that size, baby!!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2010 11:53:35 PM
Author: risingsun
I''m so confused
33.gif
39.gif
Don''t be confused!
25.gif

My decision

I am going to upgrade clarity on my present diamond and keep the size and color with an upgradable stone, and get a new setting. And I am going to save up for the next few years and make the leap to my dream size, 1.75ct H SI1.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2010 11:56:20 PM

I''m so confused
33.gif
39.gif
Don''t be confused!
25.gif

My decision

I am going to upgrade clarity on my present diamond and keep the size and color with an upgradable stone, and get a new setting. And I am going to save up for the next few years and make the leap to my dream size, 1.75ct H SI1.
Yes!! This makes sense, DD. I applaud you
36.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2010 11:46:16 PM
Author: Bella_mezzo
So your goal is 1.75 G/H Si1 solitaire?
and this upgrade you are working on now will be your in-between upgrade so it needs to still be upgradeable
2.gif

Are these your end goal, but BGD signature?

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond/diamond-details/?product_id=25923778

or this

http://http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond/diamond-details/?product_id=24906702
Yes! Maybe when I get tenure or to celebrate the birth of our second child in a few more years. And those are my desired specs! But later... later. For now, I am looking for a setting that really makes my heart go pitter pat! So I am going out and trying things on. I figure when I see it I will know.

CBL

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I''m so confused
39.gif
26.gif

I think this whole problem would be eliminated if we could all have a ring like yours, no questions asked!!

Just seeing your avatar brings me back to: Dreamer, how bout that halo?!?!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2010 11:57:59 PM

I''m so confused
33.gif
39.gif
Don''t be confused!
25.gif

My decision

Yes!! This makes sense, DD. I applaud you
36.gif
Good! I am glad that it makes sense to at least one other person. I swear, it is all very organized in my mind
2.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2010 11:59:21 PM

I''m so confused
39.gif
26.gif

I think this whole problem would be eliminated if we could all have a ring like yours, no questions asked!!

I am trying to go see as many styles in person as I can right now, so halos on on my list. I think another visit to Tiffany is in the works, and I am trying to track down a place to try Ritani settings. I recently tried a Kretchmer tension setting and Loved it
30.gif
so I am going to look at it some more too. I want something that makes my heart go pitter pat! I will find it!

CBL

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/16/2010 12:04:06 AM

I''m so confused
39.gif
26.gif

I am trying to go see as many styles in person as I can right now, so halos on on my list. I think another visit to Tiffany is in the works, and I am trying to track down a place to try Ritani settings. I recently tried a Kretchmer tension setting and Loved it
30.gif
so I am going to look at it some more too. I want something that makes my heart go pitter pat! I will find it!

I saw your tension setting post!!! They''re so pretty, and so unique.

Well it''s all wonderful to me. I LOVE the search you are on and am pretty stoked to live vicariously because I too change my mind 180 degrees almost daily! Can''t wait to see which way you go!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2010 12:08:12 AM

Well it''s all wonderful to me. I LOVE the search you are on and am pretty stoked to live vicariously because I too change my mind 180 degrees almost daily! Can''t wait to see which way you go!!
Me too, but the search is fun. Just don''t plunk down the dough until you are totally sure and have no lingering doubts
2.gif
But geez, it took me 4 months to decide on my half eternity band and I have been thinking about settings for 2 years
20.gif
I am ready to reach a decision! LOL!

CBL

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/16/2010 12:10:55 AM

Me too, but the search is fun. Just don''t plunk down the dough until you are totally sure and have no lingering doubts
2.gif
But geez, it took me 4 months to decide on my half eternity band and I have been thinking about settings for 2 years
20.gif

I''m sooo with you...my half eternity is the one ring I have that I truly love.

My heirloom diamond is still waiting for it''s true home! And it might be waiting a loooooooong time, at this rate.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2010 12:13:53 AM

I saw your tension setting post!!! They're so pretty, and so unique.

Well it's all wonderful to me. I LOVE the search you are on and am pretty stoked to live vicariously because I too change my mind 180 degrees almost daily! Can't wait to see which way you go!!

Me too, but the search is fun. Just don't plunk down the dough until you are totally sure and have no lingering doubts
2.gif
20.gif

I'm sooo with you...my half eternity is the one ring I have that I truly love.

My heirloom diamond is still waiting for it's true home! And it might be waiting a loooooooong time, at this rate.
Is it still in the keystone setting or did it find another home since then? I recall the great halo attempt of 2009
2.gif
But I can't recall if you changed since then.

ETA Is that an Italian greyhound or a whippet in your AVI?

CBL

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/16/2010 12:17:58 AM
Date: 3/16/2010 12:13:53 AM

2.gif
20.gif

I''m sooo with you...my half eternity is the one ring I have that I truly love.

My heirloom diamond is still waiting for it''s true home! And it might be waiting a loooooooong time, at this rate.

Is it still in the keystone setting or did it find another home since then? I recall the great halo attempt of 2009
2.gif
But I can''t recall if you changed since then.

ETA Is that an Italian greyhound or a whippet in your AVI?

AHHAAHAHAA!!! The great halo attempt!! I love it.

Well, let''s put it this way--my lovely little OEC is in the simplest setting you could ever imagine at this point in time. And it is staying there until I am 100% POSITIVE I want something else. Possibly an OEC three stone? But that is just the newest idea.

The sexy and adorable pup in my avatar is an Italian Greyhound, he is my BABY (his name is Vinny). I adore him and treat him like a human since my husband is still in med school and we can''t start having human babies until he''s done. ;-)

risingsun

Ideal_Rock

I''m so confused
39.gif
26.gif

Thank you, CBL
1.gif
I just saw your post. Since resetting my diamond into a halo, I''ve become quite the halo fanatic
9.gif

Lurchie

Shiny_Rock

I''m so confused
33.gif
39.gif
Don''t be confused!
25.gif

My decision

Alright then! This makes perfect sense. I love having a plan (for you). What are the odds you might want to take pictures of these settings on your hand when trying on? Assuming, of course, that the relevant B&M is down with it and all. I''m guessing Tiffany might not like it.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2010 2:13:05 PM
Author: Lurchie

I''m so confused
33.gif
39.gif
Don''t be confused!
25.gif

My decision

Alright then! This makes perfect sense. I love having a plan (for you). What are the odds you might want to take pictures of these settings on your hand when trying on? Assuming, of course, that the relevant B&M is down with it and all. I''m guessing Tiffany might not like it.
I will do my best with pictures! I already tried on Kretchmenr and didn''t think to take photos. The setting was divine though. Just not "me"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results