shape
carat
color
clarity

I’m working with David Klass!

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
You know what? Yay I agree an OEC will suit this best!

emmy12

Brilliant_Rock
I was worried the side profile would lose the look that I love but it looks exactly the same from the side.

IMG_9400.jpeg IMG_9402.jpeg

Late to the design party, but I wanted to say I am so impressed that DK was able to changing the shoulders from the top view without compromising the side profile and gallery details that really define the ring. Excited to see the final result.

Lcorb

Rough_Rock
Late to the design party, but I wanted to say I am so impressed that DK was able to changing the shoulders from the top view without compromising the side profile and gallery details that really define the ring. Excited to see the final result.

I thought so too!! That’s why I was hesitant to ask for the shoulders to be thinner because I didn’t know if it was possible and keep the gallery details. So thrilled he was able to!

Alistra

Shiny_Rock

Lcorb

Rough_Rock
You know what? Yay I agree an OEC will suit this best!

I’m Glad you agree!! I was worried I was being too nitpicky but idk if that’s a thing on PS lol

Lcorb

Rough_Rock
A little update for those following. I purchased a 3.17 I vvs2 stone with the intention of having Ashley at southwest cut it into an OEC. I was emailing with him quite a bit then got radio silence. He quoted me $500/carat for the recut. I had a link that listed the price around $250/carat. I asked if that link was outdated or if he had different pricing for old cuts. Thinking that may have something to do with the emails stopping. Frustrating as I see that as a fair question, I was willing to pay that just wanted clarification. So I started looking elsewhere for an OEC. I was actually able to snag and OEC from Alex park. So now I’m having a difficult decision of using the larger stone (which I actually really love!) it sparkles like crazy, doesn’t go dark, looks great in all lighting, and I like the very soft tone of the I color. While I’ve always wanted an OEC my reservations about that stone are that there seems to be less contrast in the facets. Im not sure if this is something common for OECs? And a small thing is I asked if they had any other stones with a large culet and they said they could cut it larger no problem. Looks like they either forgot or just didn’t cut it. Also concerned about possible graining in the OEC as it is a cvd. Let me know what you guys think! I cut apart one of the models. The one in the picture is the one with wider shoulders even though I am going with the thinner design. I am leaning toward the OEC as it’s what I originally wanted and is realistically a more reasonable size, but who doesn’t love a crazy sparkly big diamond?!

Attachments

• IMG_9905.jpeg
    IMG_9905.jpeg
    114.3 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_9901.jpeg
    IMG_9901.jpeg
    120.1 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_9900.jpeg
    IMG_9900.jpeg
    128.8 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_9897.jpeg
    IMG_9897.jpeg
    167.6 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_9884.jpeg
    IMG_9884.jpeg
    165.7 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_9646.jpeg
    IMG_9646.jpeg
    142.7 KB · Views: 82

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
A little update for those following. I purchased a 3.17 I vvs2 stone with the intention of having Ashley at southwest cut it into an OEC. I was emailing with him quite a bit then got radio silence. He quoted me $500/carat for the recut. I had a link that listed the price around $250/carat. I asked if that link was outdated or if he had different pricing for old cuts. Thinking that may have something to do with the emails stopping. Frustrating as I see that as a fair question, I was willing to pay that just wanted clarification. So I started looking elsewhere for an OEC. I was actually able to snag and OEC from Alex park. So now I’m having a difficult decision of using the larger stone (which I actually really love!) it sparkles like crazy, doesn’t go dark, looks great in all lighting, and I like the very soft tone of the I color. While I’ve always wanted an OEC my reservations about that stone are that there seems to be less contrast in the facets. Im not sure if this is something common for OECs? And a small thing is I asked if they had any other stones with a large culet and they said they could cut it larger no problem. Looks like they either forgot or just didn’t cut it. Also concerned about possible graining in the OEC as it is a cvd. Let me know what you guys think! I cut apart one of the models. The one in the picture is the one with wider shoulders even though I am going with the thinner design. I am leaning toward the OEC as it’s what I originally wanted and is realistically a more reasonable size, but who doesn’t love a crazy sparkly big diamond?!

I'm sorry it didn't work out with SW but cool you managed to snap up one of Alex Parks' OECs. They are both beautiful stones, I just prefer the OEC in this particular setting. At the end of the day though, I still say go with what you love or you may end up regretting it.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
That's unfortunate about SW. I'm a terrible one to ask because I'm always going to prefer an OEC. I just gravitate to the broad flash.
I echo @JV36912 the only thing to do is wear them both around and you'll eventually figure out which one is the right one for you.

Lcorb

Rough_Rock
Mini update:
I ended up going with the OEC for this setting. Hopefully should be done soon. DK said it should have been done by the 15th but I haven’t heard anything since then. Wondering what everyone would do? Keep checking up? I’m trying to be patient but I’m so excited lol. I know a few people on here said they don’t really check up with him just wait for the email saying it’s done.
Another side note I did end up keeping the 3.17ct stone I really it and it was a great price. So I’ll either keep it as is or revisit recutting with Ashley down the road. So many people have fabulous transitional recuts from southwest. Not in a rush with that though just an idea for down the road.

jaqjaqjaq

Shiny_Rock
Mini update:
I ended up going with the OEC for this setting. Hopefully should be done soon. DK said it should have been done by the 15th but I haven’t heard anything since then. Wondering what everyone would do? Keep checking up? I’m trying to be patient but I’m so excited lol. I know a few people on here said they don’t really check up with him just wait for the email saying it’s done.
Another side note I did end up keeping the 3.17ct stone I really it and it was a great price. So I’ll either keep it as is or revisit recutting with Ashley down the road. So many people have fabulous transitional recuts from southwest. Not in a rush with that though just an idea for down the road.

I’m on of the clients that follows up - if it was expected around a week or more ago I would definitely reach out. Now, David may wish that I wasn’t that type of client LOL but I too get excited. We are entering holiday season though and he’s posting content pretty consistently on IG which leads me to believe they are already very busy and it’s not even Christmas or New Years :)

Exciting news on your 3.17 stone - any plans or ideas for that one?

Lcorb

Rough_Rock
I’m on of the clients that follows up - if it was expected around a week or more ago I would definitely reach out. Now, David may wish that I wasn’t that type of client LOL but I too get excited. We are entering holiday season though and he’s posting content pretty consistently on IG which leads me to believe they are already very busy and it’s not even Christmas or New Years :)

Exciting news on your 3.17 stone - any plans or ideas for that one?

Way too many ideas to count! :P2 It’ll definitely be art deco or Edwardian inspired. A calibre cut onyx halo is at the top of my list. I regularly look at erstwhile and Adria barone for inspiration. Which is great for my wish list terrible for my wallet lol

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! The project seems to be progressing to a gorgeous finish! I love the setting!

luckygreen317

Brilliant_Rock
The plastic model is here! DK has been great making adjustments but I am nervous! For me it’s hard to imagine when looking at the green plastic lol. I am nervous the shoulders are too thick for my taste. My fingers are fairly short so I go for thinner bands usually. While David made this exactly how the inspiration photo is I am worried if I made changes it would change the whole design. This is my first (and hopefully not last) time work with DK so I don’t want to be a difficult customer. Does anyone have advice on being nervous with the custom design process? Not sure what to do. I was wanting something different than what I have currently but finding myself wanting to make changes to the design, only to have those changes make it more similar to some pieces in my collection. If anyone has advice either on the plastic model or on the process in general I am all ears! IMG_9120.jpeg IMG_9114.jpeg IMG_9114.jpeg IMG_9123.jpeg

It must have just been the wider shoulders because I love the new model! I’m already obsessed with it and it’s just green plastic so excited for the final result! David took the shoulders down to 2.5mm and it’s no longer tapered. I was worried the side profile would lose the look that I love but it looks exactly the same from the side.

IMG_9400.jpeg IMG_9400.jpeg IMG_9402.jpeg IMG_9397.jpeg

I have worked with David Klass (and Amy) on several projects. From what I understand he works with select benches based on your specific project. I have some beautiful custom pieces all by David Klass.

I had a wax mold made of one of my rings and wanted to reassure you it will look much bulkier than the finished piece. With my mold, it helped me decide to refine the bezels and approve the overall height of the ring. Your ring design has an intricate shank which is not represented in the mold.

I personally like the first version since it softens the transition from the shank to the size of your stone. It creates more space for the beautiful design you have selected. However, both versions will be beautiful. I can’t wait to see the finished piece!

IMG_9116.jpeg
It must have just been the wider shoulders because I love the new model! I’m already obsessed with it and it’s just green plastic so excited for the final result! David took the shoulders down to 2.5mm and it’s no longer tapered. I was worried the side profile would lose the look that I love but it looks exactly the same from the side.

IMG_9400.jpeg IMG_9400.jpeg IMG_9402.jpeg IMG_9397.jpeg

Last edited:

Lcorb

Rough_Rock
I have worked with David Klass (and Amy) on several projects. From what I understand he works with select benches based on your specific project. I have some beautiful custom pieces all by David Klass.

I had a wax mold made of one of my rings and wanted to reassure you it will look much bulkier than the finished piece. With my mold, it helped me decide to refine the bezels and approve the overall height of the ring. Your ring design has an intricate shank which is not represented in the mold.

I personally like the first version since it softens the transition from the shank to the size of your stone. It creates more space for the beautiful design you have selected. However, both versions will be beautiful. I can’t wait to see the finished piece!

IMG_9116.jpeg

Your ring is gorgeous! I love bezels, I don’t have any but they seem so classic and easy to wear. Do you have a post on your ring?

Lcorb

Rough_Rock
My rings are done!! I am so happy with everything! I have never done a custom project like this and man, did it pay off! It might seem silly but I almost teared up when I saw the engravings and details since they represent family members. And the satin finish is perfect, I was aiming for it to like like a true antique and I think it hit the mark. I also had David rework two rings that held the diamond from my original engagement ring and I am super pleased with that as well. Definitely a different style than the art deco ring. He used my diamonds and 14k white gold. I asked for a very light antique finish to make the white gold a little darker/grayer. I cannot wait to have them in hand! And I’m already thinking about my next project :P2

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I can't wait to see handshots, they turned out beautifully!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad you are pleased with it! DK does very nice work!

Lcorb

Rough_Rock
My ring is here! I was a little worried it was going to get sent back to DK. It was supposed to arrive Friday but when I checked tracking it said delayed due to weather and would be delivered on Monday. I was pretty disappointed thinking I was going to have it Friday. So I reluctantly went out to do errands. Only to have ups try to deliver the package! Since it was adult signature I wasn’t able to change address or change to a pick up location. I also couldn’t release it to be left without signature. And I wasn’t going to be home Monday either. So I emailed David and he so graciously helped and changed the delivery address to my husbands work. So to the ring! I am so happy I ended up going with the OEC I think it looks like a true antique. Everything is so perfect on the setting. Exactly what I was wanting. The facets on the stone are very pretty but I can’t seem to get a good photo. My phone always blocks the light when she’s looking good. I’ll keep trying though! :lol:
IMG_1695.jpeg IMG_1743.jpeg IMG_1750.jpeg IMG_1756.jpeg IMG_1749.jpeg

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My ring is here! I was a little worried it was going to get sent back to DK. It was supposed to arrive Friday but when I checked tracking it said delayed due to weather and would be delivered on Monday. I was pretty disappointed thinking I was going to have it Friday. So I reluctantly went out to do errands. Only to have ups try to deliver the package! Since it was adult signature I wasn’t able to change address or change to a pick up location. I also couldn’t release it to be left without signature. And I wasn’t going to be home Monday either. So I emailed David and he so graciously helped and changed the delivery address to my husbands work. So to the ring! I am so happy I ended up going with the OEC I think it looks like a true antique. Everything is so perfect on the setting. Exactly what I was wanting. The facets on the stone are very pretty but I can’t seem to get a good photo. My phone always blocks the light when she’s looking good. I’ll keep trying though! :lol:
IMG_1695.jpeg IMG_1743.jpeg IMG_1750.jpeg IMG_1756.jpeg IMG_1749.jpeg

The stone and setting are both so beautiful! :love: Wear it in good health!

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
It's beautiful! Love the prongs and milgrain! So glad you caught the delivery! Hope you love it and get lots and lots of enjoyment from it!

Lcorb

Rough_Rock
The stone and setting are both so beautiful! :love: Wear it in good health!

Thank you! My goal is to get fabulous pastel pictures like you have posted of your transitional stone. I can’t stop looking at them! :lickout:

Lcorb

Rough_Rock
It's beautiful! Love the prongs and milgrain! So glad you caught the delivery! Hope you love it and get lots and lots of enjoyment from it!

Thank you! The details are so fine and delicate while still being a very solid setting. And yes it’s hard to look away from it!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
:love:Isn't it grand?
Beautifully made, it's a great feeling to know you have ring like that, isn't it.

luckygreen317

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is gorgeous! I love bezels, I don’t have any but they seem so classic and easy to wear. Do you have a post on your ring?
I will try to find the original post, but here is some information I saved in google slides on my 5-stone reset with DK.

IMG_9153.jpeg IMG_9152.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results