shape
carat
color
clarity

I’m working with David Klass!

Lcorb

Rough_Rock
I’m so excited that I am working with David Klass! @DejaWiz helped me pick out an awesome 2.54 lab diamond from loose grown diamonds. I am usually impatient and want to wear the diamond right away so I also ordered a setting with the diamond. I got cold feet and cancelled the setting. After reading tons of great reviews I decided to contact DK. I would appreciate any feedback on the cad. I’m going to ask if he can round the inside of the shank for a more comfortable feel. Besides that I think everything looks good. I’ll post the inspiration ring as well. I’m not great at getting good diamond pics ‍♀️ but it sure sparkles! IMG_8845.png IMG_8844.png IMG_8846.png IMG_8798.jpeg IMG_8783.jpeg IMG_8930.png

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Looks spectacular!

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful diamond and I love the setting. I'm working with DK on a lab CS right now. Very easy process.

HerefortheBling

Shiny_Rock
That's really gorgeous! Do you have to send the diamond to DK to set it, or does he send you the semi mount to be set locally?

Lcorb

Rough_Rock
Beautiful diamond and I love the setting. I'm working with DK on a lab CS right now. Very easy process.

That’s good to hear! Custom projects can always be nerve racking!

Lcorb

Rough_Rock
That's really gorgeous! Do you have to send the diamond to DK to set it, or does he send you the semi mount to be set locally?

Thank you! I’m going to send him the stone to have him set it. I have read on here that someone had DK send the semi and they had it set locally.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since you are asking for feedback on CAD -
This is what I’d do.
I think I’ve seen them do a replica or inspired by of the same ring you pictured before. Or something very very similar. (It’s very pretty!)
I’d ask them if that’s the case. If so- Then I’d ask to see their glamour shots of their finished piece. That’s where your opinions and personal taste can come in to speaking to them about your CAD in relation to what you see. No right or wrongs in tweaks, just your liking/preferences.

Lcorb

Rough_Rock
Since you are asking for feedback on CAD -
This is what I’d do.
I think I’ve seen them do a replica or inspired by of the same ring you pictured before. Or something very very similar. (It’s very pretty!)
I’d ask them if that’s the case. If so- Then I’d ask to see their glamour shots of their finished piece. That’s where your opinions and personal taste can come in to speaking to them about your CAD in relation to what you see. No right or wrongs in tweaks, just your liking/preferences.

That’s a great idea! Thank you, I will ask them for the pictures.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This made me think, does he do all his own work or have superb bench persons? It seems so many people have projects with him it would take him 24/7 to fulfill them all!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This made me think, does he do all his own work or have superb bench persons? It seems so many people have projects with him it would take him 24/7 to fulfill them all!

I can’t speak to what DK’s own hands can or can’t do, but I do know DKJ does utilize multiple benches.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s a great idea! Thank you, I will ask them for the pictures.
just curious on an update for you?

also I’m very curious if I’m remembering correctly that DKJ has done this ring before, if you did happen to ask?

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is going to be beautiful based on the inspiration ring! Can't wait to see the finished product!!

Lcorb

Rough_Rock
just curious on an update for you?

also I’m very curious if I’m remembering correctly that DKJ has done this ring before, if you did happen to ask?

I asked a few questions in an email and I’ve noticed when you do that he tends to respond to one question so I didn’t press it lol. As far as the ring update I should be getting the plastic model some time today! I will post some pictures when it arrives. He is going to do some engraving on the shank as well. I’ve sent out my diamond to him. As well as some bands I am going to have him rework. They were done by a local jeweler; meant to be wedding bands made from my original cluster engagement ring. They turned out very poorly in my opinion. So I am excited to have DK make something wearable for me.

Lcorb

Rough_Rock
The plastic model is here! DK has been great making adjustments but I am nervous! For me it’s hard to imagine when looking at the green plastic lol. I am nervous the shoulders are too thick for my taste. My fingers are fairly short so I go for thinner bands usually. While David made this exactly how the inspiration photo is I am worried if I made changes it would change the whole design. This is my first (and hopefully not last) time work with DK so I don’t want to be a difficult customer. Does anyone have advice on being nervous with the custom design process? Not sure what to do. I was wanting something different than what I have currently but finding myself wanting to make changes to the design, only to have those changes make it more similar to some pieces in my collection. If anyone has advice either on the plastic model or on the process in general I am all ears! IMG_9120.jpeg IMG_9114.jpeg IMG_9114.jpeg IMG_9123.jpeg

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe paint it color(s) of your choice - that might help you visualize?
I think others have done so, and successfully. nail polish or model paint, maybe?

you can ask DKJ to send you a plastic model with your cad changes/thinner shoulders/band, and then compare the two in your hand to decide which you like better.

maybe also find some rings to try on in similar profiles, either local or good return policy, CZ fashion even, to try and help you decide what you really want/what’s in your comfort level? that might help with the nervousness.

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock

He has several benches that he uses.

Lcorb

Rough_Rock
I think others have done so, and successfully. nail polish or model paint, maybe?

you can ask DKJ to send you a plastic model with your cad changes/thinner shoulders/band, and then compare the two in your hand to decide which you like better.

maybe also find some rings to try on in similar profiles, either local or good return policy, CZ fashion even, to try and help you decide what you really want/what’s in your comfort level? that might help with the nervousness.

I asked him to thin out the shoulders quite a bit and I think that will be the last adjustment! I should be getting the new model today. I appreciate your advice and feedback!

Lcorb

Rough_Rock

It must have just been the wider shoulders because I love the new model! I’m already obsessed with it and it’s just green plastic so excited for the final result! David took the shoulders down to 2.5mm and it’s no longer tapered. I was worried the side profile would lose the look that I love but it looks exactly the same from the side.

IMG_9400.jpeg IMG_9400.jpeg IMG_9402.jpeg IMG_9397.jpeg

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your excitement about this - so happy that you are thrilled with the tweaks. It looks lovely and I can’t wait to see the finished ring on your finger, either!

jaqjaqjaq

Shiny_Rock
I think the changes are perfect! I love the side details too. When will it be ready? I have a ring out with DK right now as well and I can’t wait :)

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
:love:Another placeholder, also can't wait to see!

Lcorb

Rough_Rock
I think the changes are perfect! I love the side details too. When will it be ready? I have a ring out with DK right now as well and I can’t wait :)

I’m not sure quite yet when I’ll have it. After seeing the model with the changes I really feel that an old cut will really knock this ring out of the park. So I’ll be sending a mrb lab to southwest cutters to be recut into and OEC. I’m guessing that’ll be a few weeks at least then another 2 I’d say after I give DK the final measurements. I feel a little silly changing the stone after the design has been perfected but I think I’ll regret not doing an old cut in this setting. Plus I’ve always drooled over old cut stones!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You dont have the stone yet? Usually, we buy the stone first and then do CADs.

Anyhow, looking forward to seeing how this turns out. I'm a fan of the wider band, but alas, this ring is not for me!

Lcorb

Rough_Rock
You dont have the stone yet? Usually, we buy the stone first and then do CADs.

Anyhow, looking forward to seeing how this turns out. I'm a fan of the wider band, but alas, this ring is not for me!

Yes, I bought the stone first and sent it to David but after seeing the model i decided I want to go with an OEC. The one I originally purchased is a mrb. So I’m kind of changing it up mid game

jaqjaqjaq

Shiny_Rock
I’m not sure quite yet when I’ll have it. After seeing the model with the changes I really feel that an old cut will really knock this ring out of the park. So I’ll be sending a mrb lab to southwest cutters to be recut into and OEC. I’m guessing that’ll be a few weeks at least then another 2 I’d say after I give DK the final measurements. I feel a little silly changing the stone after the design has been perfected but I think I’ll regret not doing an old cut in this setting. Plus I’ve always drooled over old cut stones!

Interesting! I think it will look great with either cut stone. Curious to know if the new stone will be around the same size?

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is a gorgeous ring, I can’t wait to see it finished.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results