shape
carat
color
clarity

Hurricane Irma - SE Florida, Carribean Islands, Carolinas, _possible Gulf Coast US

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm back on-line. Our power and wifi came up then we lost the wifi. I actually made it to an open grocery store today. It was pretty slim pickings
but was able to grab a few things we needed.

I'm so glad it sounds like most PSers (FL, GA, SC?) have only had some minor problems with the exception of those that havent made it home yet (ILander).

Arcadian....so sorry you have to be back at work already. Its so difficult when things are still a mess and your house isnt back inorder. I hope your
kitchen floor cleaned up and didnt leave any damage.

Thank you to everyone who sent there will wishes during the storm...I think they worked! The Power of Pricescope!:appl:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My parents in North Ft. Myers are still without power, but they have a generator. Dad says the Publix near them just re-opened. They had stocked up on canned food, and Mom has been heating food on the grill.
The palm tree in the front yard fell over and their yard and fence got trashed, but they're ok. I'm relieved. They are 80 and 83. Dad was on the roof today, fixing a leak! He still thinks he's Superman, I guess.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
If anyone has a Facebook (I don't) and could post this link, it would help so many evacuees
https://storms.ngs.noaa.gov/storms/irma/index.html
It's Current satellite photos of Irma-affected areas of Florida. People can zoom in to see their roof! Or type in their address. It's terrible not knowing what condition your house is in if you can't go back yet.
Ours looks good, and it seems like that iffy tree didn't end up on our roof. Knock on wood.
The keys are in horrible shape with 25% of the homes GONE :(2 and 90% of the homes damaged. My heart goes out to them.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
The close ups of the Keys are super sad.

Last edited:

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Obviously, surviving these natural disasters is the top priority.
However, its terrible to see people's homes destroyed.
A 'home' is so much more than just a physical dwelling.
Similarly, businesses are the product of hard work and represent employment for so many.
In times like these, though, one needs to find the inner strength and faith required to rebuild, or relocate, as the circumstances dictate.

Keeping you all in my thoughts.

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am glad to see everyone is safe. We are still without power and we had quite a bit of flooding both in our neighborhood and also at the barn. Lots of cleanup and repairs. Thankful that all of us are safe and the animals are well.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am glad to see everyone is safe. We are still without power and we had quite a bit of flooding both in our neighborhood and also at the barn. Lots of cleanup and repairs. Thankful that all of us are safe and the animals are well.

OMG still?? :eek2: Thats rough!!! I'm glad you're safe but its been so hot. do you guys have a generator? Are you at a hotel?

Power outages appear to be still quite widespread and I have friends still without (they are on generator power or with family that has electric) According to FPL, they will have most spots up by this weekend on east coast, next weekend for west coast. The pockets that sustained a lot of damage apparently will be case by case (I've seen people up the block who also don't have power but thankfully have generators).

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OMG still?? :eek2: Thats rough!!! I'm glad you're safe but its been so hot. do you guys have a generator? Are you at a hotel?

Power outages appear to be still quite widespread and I have friends still without (they are on generator power or with family that has electric) According to FPL, they will have most spots up by this weekend on east coast, next weekend for west coast. The pockets that sustained a lot of damage apparently will be case by case (I've seen people up the block who also don't have power but thankfully have generators).

We do have a generator. It powers most of the house (if the kids do not turn everything on in the house as they go from room to room). We also have a generator hooked up at the barn because the well system doesn't work with no power so there would be no water for the horses. We have been helping with cleanup and passing out hot meals to people in need and it is astounding how widespread the damage is. The flooding was pretty bad in some areas.

justpeachy

Shiny_Rock
I'm a relatively quiet PSer and just came across this post while looking for a ring engraved with plumerias- random! Thought I'd chime in to say I'm from the Middle Keys. From down in Big Pine up to Lower Matecumbe, if you're familiar, were hit hardest. Key Largo & Key West relatively unscathed. We just moved back in our home 2 months ago. 8 months displaced- and my husband is a contractor! Clients have kept him so busy he couldn't get to our home except for nights and weekends. Thankfully mostly everyone is sorted except for the lower priority "second homes", most of those people are still undergoing renovations & are unable to come stay or rent their homes probably into next year. What a mess.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm a relatively quiet PSer and just came across this post while looking for a ring engraved with plumerias- random! Thought I'd chime in to say I'm from the Middle Keys. From down in Big Pine up to Lower Matecumbe, if you're familiar, were hit hardest. Key Largo & Key West relatively unscathed. We just moved back in our home 2 months ago. 8 months displaced- and my husband is a contractor! Clients have kept him so busy he couldn't get to our home except for nights and weekends. Thankfully mostly everyone is sorted except for the lower priority "second homes", most of those people are still undergoing renovations & are unable to come stay or rent their homes probably into next year. What a mess.

My goodness, thats just awful! Glad you were able to get back into your home but wow 8 months! I haven't been to the keys (even though commercials keeps saying its ok) because we heard about how devastating parts of it were. The plan this summer is to take the drive in July/August.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results