carat
color
clarity

HUGE 5 caraters!!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
sparkles|1303858346|2905700 said:
Im biased, the 5ct round :appl: Interestingly I pulled hubby over to take a look and he favored the 5ct too!

Was there someone singing in the lobby of the mall you were in? There is only 1 place I know that has goods this big at the moment :lol:

Next time give me a shout, I'd love to come along!

HW at ION has a nice large pear I tried on!

Ha ha, I dare say we have the "Asian big bling disease", lol!! :bigsmile:

Not sure if there was anyone singing at the time, but it's the mall where Krisflyer used to be in. Is that the one you're thinking about? You know Leviev in MBS has some amazing beauties too (the coloured diamonds are absolutey TDF!!)? :love: :love: . Actually, theirs are in a different league altogether. I've always wondered who exactly is their clientele (?!).

Didn't know abt the large pear at HW at Ion! I'm gonna go check it out for sure, he he! :naughty: :tongue: Yeah, I'd love to meet up with you some time. We've been trying to do that a few times, unsuccessfully, haven't we! :(( The other PS'er may not be able to make it but I'd love to do tea with you some time next week (TWG has some lovely tea selection and scrumptious scones - am sure you've been there)? Then we can maybe wander over to said shop and try on the 8ct oval and take pics for our fellow PS'ers? :wink2:

jgny

Shiny_Rock
Girl, that asscher is TDF!!! At first when I saw the title I thought DH had surprised you with the 5 ct! I do like the asscher more than the RB :)

We will have to go shopping next time I am in your area.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
yennyfire|1303821169|2905241 said:
Delish! :lickout: I agree with the other ladies though. That asscher is tdf! What is your ring size, out of curiousity? Your 3 ct. round looks HUGE on your finger!

Ha ha, I wish it did look HUGE! :)) My current ering size is 3.75 at its smallest / at the bottom but slightly larger above that (a 4, I reckon).

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
jgny|1303885211|2906031 said:
Girl, that asscher is TDF!!! At first when I saw the title I thought DH had surprised you with the 5 ct! I do like the asscher more than the RB :)

We will have to go shopping next time I am in your area.

Ha ha, I wish! He did say though that I can go ahead and purchase a 5ct. We go back and forth btw who's going to actually buy it but to be honest, I think it should be me! :tongue: :twirl: I don't know if he knows as much about bling as I do (I certainly spend more time on PS, he he). Morever, now I also have this so-called "dilemma" of which shape I'd like and have to spend time trying different stones on my hand (I know I know, torture it's gonna be!! :wink2: :cheeky: ).

When are you going to be in SG? I was hoping to go to yr area next weekend but now am not so sure. Would love to also take a slight detour and squeeze in a trip to NYC later on when I go home to the UK to visit family.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, that was a fun pictorial trip! I loved them all. Thank you, Phoenix, for letting us have a glance at some lovely stones! They looked fabulous on your hands (or your friend's...anyway).

A couple of years ago the huge indie jewelery store in town was having a "omg, we have 5+ carat stones" come see us shindig. I stopped by...tried on 3 or 4...it was fun, but I didn't have anything on my finger that felt like "home." They were pretty, but their cuts were proprietary ("cushettes") and lower colors (not that that's an issue for me or anyone)...I just wasn't into it. Your experience would've been much more up my alley! Fun stuff, and thanks again for letting us see what you've been up to! :appl:

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
Holy heck! I feel queasy... oy. I know I'll be revisiting this thread frequently... :love: WOW! :love:

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Hello Phoenix, for the 5 carater, I would vote for the asscher or an emerald cut too! You have small hands and for the round brilliant, the 3 carat looks good, as others have mentioned.

By the way, there is a high chance that I will be dropping by Canary on 06 May, Friday around lunch time as I will be on leave that day. There's a mother's day event going on in my kids' school which is along Claymore Road, very close to Canary. Are you working yet? If you happen to drop by, perhaps we can catch a cuppa at Rocky Masters right outside Canary.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for posting these pics Phoenix, it's really fun to see such big bling, and I don't get a chance to see much out here in the 'burbs of NJ! I love your ring, and I tell ya, it holds it's own with those other rocks. The asscher is beautiful, but I love the 5 carat as well.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
STUNNING!!!

I have to say though, I think your 3ct stone looks better on your hand, big and blingy but not overwhelming.

As for the shapes in larger sizes, I agree with the other posters, the step cuts look particulary stunning in the larger carat sizes :love:

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for your advice.
You are sweet to take time out for me.
I haven't posted pics of the marquise yet but should be doing that soon.
I kind of AM a walking around at night person, so you have answered my question. For the trip we are going on, we will stay at the Grand Milennium and they will taxi us around a lot but I know I will run off on my own to see things and so I think the bling will stay at home.
Keep us updated on what YOU do.
Is it a possibility for you to keep your gorgeous 3 carat RB in that lovely band AND buy the beautiful asscher? I think that would be idea. I'm not always an Asscher fan but that is a beautiful, beautiful example and it looks so nice on you. The two rings have a different 'feel' and I think it would be lovely to have both for different moods.
I just don't think the 5 carat round looks different enough from the 3 carat to be worth the change though and I do think the 3 carat is more proportional to your hand.
I may start a new thread in 'hangout' asking for advice for clothes, etc in Beijing this summer. I am highly excited about this trip!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
simplysplendid|1303961033|2906794 said:
Hello Phoenix, for the 5 carater, I would vote for the asscher or an emerald cut too! You have small hands and for the round brilliant, the 3 carat looks good, as others have mentioned.

By the way, there is a high chance that I will be dropping by Canary on 06 May, Friday around lunch time as I will be on leave that day. There's a mother's day event going on in my kids' school which is along Claymore Road, very close to Canary. Are you working yet? If you happen to drop by, perhaps we can catch a cuppa at Rocky Masters right outside Canary.

YAY! That'd be fun. I'm working but only on a project basis so I don't work everyday/ all the time. Let's def meet up then if you are for sure going to Canary that day. Shall we meet inside? Bonne owes me an eternity ring and two pairs of hoop earrings, he he! :twirl: Btw, Bonne has my HP no if you need to contact me.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Black Jade|1303996036|2906955 said:
Thanks for your advice.
You are sweet to take time out for me.
I haven't posted pics of the marquise yet but should be doing that soon.
I kind of AM a walking around at night person, so you have answered my question. For the trip we are going on, we will stay at the Grand Milennium and they will taxi us around a lot but I know I will run off on my own to see things and so I think the bling will stay at home.
Keep us updated on what YOU do.
Is it a possibility for you to keep your gorgeous 3 carat RB in that lovely band AND buy the beautiful asscher? I think that would be idea. I'm not always an Asscher fan but that is a beautiful, beautiful example and it looks so nice on you. The two rings have a different 'feel' and I think it would be lovely to have both for different moods.
I just don't think the 5 carat round looks different enough from the 3 carat to be worth the change though and I do think the 3 carat is more proportional to your hand.
I may start a new thread in 'hangout' asking for advice for clothes, etc in Beijing this summer. I am highly excited about this trip!

Yes, def post a thread on Hangout. I'm sure others will chime in. I just mentioned this to DH btw who goes to BJ and China generally quite a bit for biz and he thinks it's not a good idea to wear bling in BJ (he thinks comparatively and generally speaking, SH is a safer city).

Incidentally, are you planning to buy pearls, fabrics etc? China is a fabulous place to buy pearls (SS etc) for much more reasonable prices - but you really need to know how to bargain (for anything at all in China) and how to tell real from fakes. Someone posted on my pearl thread a while ago about the name of a really good pearl place. If you're interested, I can try and dig up the name for you.

Oh, about the 3ct, I'm hoping to be able to keep it and get a 5ct separately but am not so sure (keep going back and forth on this too). Also, prices have gone through the roof so keeping the 3ct might be a dream and not a reality.

Ice Princess

Rough_Rock
Phoenix, I think your current ring is absolute perfection.

There will always be bigger, better, more sparkly, but where does it end? At what point do we start being happy with what we have?

I will admit that the Asscher here is outstanding.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1303819887|2905235 said:
Phoenix, you know what? I honestly think your 3 ct. round looks better on the hand than the 5 ct. round. Above the 3 ct. range, I do like the asscher and emerald cuts better. Your diamond makes the a statement of being beautiful and tasteful and plenty large.

That's what I thought too when I first saw the pics. I completely agree. I love your ring, Phoenix.

I do LOVE the asscher too. :love:

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Hello, ok, I will let you know a day or two in advance!

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
[quote="Phoenix|1304001147|2906992]

Yes, def post a thread on Hangout. I'm sure others will chime in. I just mentioned this to DH btw who goes to BJ and China generally quite a bit for biz and he thinks it's not a good idea to wear bling in BJ (he thinks comparatively and generally speaking, SH is a safer city).

Incidentally, are you planning to buy pearls, fabrics etc? China is a fabulous place to buy pearls (SS etc) for much more reasonable prices - but you really need to know how to bargain (for anything at all in China) and how to tell real from fakes. Someone posted on my pearl thread a while ago about the name of a really good pearl place. If you're interested, I can try and dig up the name for you.

Oh, about the 3ct, I'm hoping to be able to keep it and get a 5ct separately but am not so sure (keep going back and forth on this too). Also, prices have gone through the roof so keeping the 3ct might be a dream and not a reality.[/quote]

thanks! I did post a thread in hangout. I look forward to hearing from you. I am definitely interested in pearls and would love to see that name. I have done a search on this and keep reading about Lingling in Hongqiao market, but I can't find a post more recent than 2009 and don't know if she would still be in in business. I have a string of golden Akoyas that I got back in Japan in 1982 and my husband bought me some freshwaters in China in 1998 or so--but I hear that Chinese freshwaters are so much nicer now than then. I have been hanging on the pearls forum and will maybe post there too. And I love fabric! I'd love advice about that! I can sew myself but I hear tailoring is expensive and and wonderful in China?

I only know about the bite test for pearls so would be interested in learning other ways to tell real from fake, I don't know how vendorsw ould feel about me chewing on their necklaces.

Thanks for hubby's advice, as of now I am thinking I will not wear bling to Beijing, just a jade bracelet and a white gold ring I own with a very small diamond--it is a .05 but the ring is very pretty and the little diamond is a D VVS and is gorgeous. I got it because I figured that was the only size of D VVS I was ever going to own!

Back on topic, I know the price of diamonds has become a problem and that we can't always keep what we have if we want to get more. I hope it works out that way for you. It would be ideal to keep the 3 carat you have (so beautiful) and get that wonderful Asscher. However, I do not know if you would want to SWITCH, as it takes a special personality to love an asscher as one's only stone. They are so beautiful and they do have their own subtle kind of flash, but they are definitely not the flashy show-stoppers rounds are.
to me, the diff between the five carat and the three carat round in the photograph made it not seem worth trading up--but it may be different in person. I do hope that you can get the asscher and keep your three carat and have fingers crossed for you.

jgny

Shiny_Rock
Hi! :wavey:

Oh boy, it definitely should be you doing the shopping! I do think you should reconsider an oval, didn't you try one on last year and really like it?

Not going to be in SG anytime soon, unfortunately. Perhaps later in the summer, will def. let you know! If you come around here, let's def. meet up. :D

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
<<<Like previous posters have mentioned, I also think your 3 ct RB looks perfect and proportional on your hand, and it really doesn't look much smaller than the 5 ct RB.[/quote]>>>

I'm happy so many other women said it before me, but I think your gorgeous 3 ct. round looks pretty much *perfect* on your hand. I agree with kittybean also in that the 5 ct. round doesn't look like it's 2 cts. larger than your own ring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results