shape
carat
color
clarity

HPHT diamonds on ebay for $$ and $$$?

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Ran into this youtube from Michaela who buys diamonds on ebay from special bonnie. She says they come from Brazil, they're all colored and somewhat porous so they need treatment. In the viideo below, she's flashing a 12 ct. gray radiant that she got for $320. From what I can discover, these are from Zee Diamonds in Indai DBA special bonnie on ebay. I found other videos from Michaela where she's better groomed and not filming from her basement. From what I can determine, she buys a ring fairly often, looks at it for a while then sells it on her Mercari site. Please tell me if you've ever heard of diamonds - treated or not - for these prices. I find this bizarre.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She says at the beginning they are moissanites

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
I watched that way too many times, and she does refer to moissanites at the beginning but I think those are from another source. She has other videos on just moissys. Several of her videos talk about "top quality mined diamonds" from specialbonnie on ebay. special bonnie is Zee Diamonds, their website says they're mined in Brazil and they buy rough and cut them themselves.
I looked at the ebay store and while I'm not an expert, oh my. Yikes. special bonnie has many positive reviews from, not to be elitist, people who don't know the difference? And she's very good at slapping down any negative reviews.
All the stones are HPHT but when I tried to ask if they're also fracture-filled, I could not. The "contact the seller" feature was disabled. Never seen that before and I've been on ebay for a LONG time.
Any more like this and we'll need a WTF forum.

sharpC2014

Rough_Rock
Idk- I bought a few cheapies and the settings are horrid. I tested the stones and based on a tester and loupe they do test and appear like diamond. We all know moissy and sapphire will test as diamond as well. I did buy one of there’s they were calling rare and I love it. Will post pic here. Again it tests and appears as diamond. I did touch base with owner and they stated that they all start out a dirty grey and are hpht treated to achieve final look. I love warm stones. I’m going to jeweler tomorrow to have the. Setting altered a bit and I’ll get feedback. If they say anything conclusive I’ll message again. We all know that pricing on diamonds is incredibly inflated and due to marketing but getting one for Pennie’s just seems so hard to believe right? I did some research and did find some rock hounds in Brazil (where these are from) taking alluvial stones and creating gems from them. Seems to be a thing there. This photo is of one of their “rare” stones, the halo appears to be standard diamond, some inclusions and my wedding band is 1ct 3/4 eternity I already had. Hope this helps. 1BEF2DB4-4F2A-4006-BD3F-A724BAA9B9A8.jpeg

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zee Diamonds are selling Moissanite as diamonds.
Their “blurb” is so outrageous as to be funny.
According to them “coloured diamonds are porous and found in the top layer” The rocks from Brazil come in different colours and the heating brings out their true colour.
Heating (HPHT) may or may no alter the composition. It remains a true diamond even though the heat might move the molecules. This causes them not to always test properly on the hand tester. If you use a jewellers “loop” you can see this by their molecular composition.
And further proof that they are diamonds and not Moissanite is because apparently Moissanite will lose its shine and wither away in a short time!
And If your jewellery disagrees that they are diamonds its because he doesn’t know about these rare diamonds and and doesn’t want you to buy them cheap elsewhere.
And if you send the “diamond“ to another lab and they say it isn’t a diamond, that’s because other labs have different testing methods which Zee Diamonds doesn’t and agree with. Their lab report is the only one to be trusted!
sigh.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Idk- I bought a few cheapies and the settings are horrid. I tested the stones and based on a tester and loupe they do test and appear like diamond. We all know moissy and sapphire will test as diamond as well. I did buy one of there’s they were calling rare and I love it. Will post pic here. Again it tests and appears as diamond. I did touch base with owner and they stated that they all start out a dirty grey and are hpht treated to achieve final look. I love warm stones. I’m going to jeweler tomorrow to have the. Setting altered a bit and I’ll get feedback. If they say anything conclusive I’ll message again. We all know that pricing on diamonds is incredibly inflated and due to marketing but getting one for Pennie’s just seems so hard to believe right? I did some research and did find some rock hounds in Brazil (where these are from) taking alluvial stones and creating gems from them. Seems to be a thing there. This photo is of one of their “rare” stones, the halo appears to be standard diamond, some inclusions and my wedding band is 1ct 3/4 eternity I already had. Hope this helps. 1BEF2DB4-4F2A-4006-BD3F-A724BAA9B9A8.jpeg

How great that you were brave and curious enough to buy from specialbonnie! The ring above looks pretty gosh-darned good. I look forward to hearing what your jeweler says.
How did you communicate with her? I tried but questions were disabled.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Zee Diamonds are selling Moissanite as diamonds.
Their “blurb” is so outrageous as to be funny.
According to them “coloured diamonds are porous and found in the top layer” The rocks from Brazil come in different colours and the heating brings out their true colour.
Heating (HPHT) may or may no alter the composition. It remains a true diamond even though the heat might move the molecules. This causes them not to always test properly on the hand tester. If you use a jewellers “loop” you can see this by their molecular composition.
And further proof that they are diamonds and not Moissanite is because apparently Moissanite will lose its shine and wither away in a short time!
And If your jewellery disagrees that they are diamonds its because he doesn’t know about these rare diamonds and and doesn’t want you to buy them cheap elsewhere.
And if you send the “diamond“ to another lab and they say it isn’t a diamond, that’s because other labs have different testing methods which Zee Diamonds doesn’t and agree with. Their lab report is the only one to be trusted!
sigh.

My Belomo loop (!) is not able display the molecular composition. Am I using it wrong?

pokerface

Brilliant_Rock
I don't think sellers can disable questions, I believe that if you are getting this message, it means that the seller has blocked you. I encountered this issue recently myself on ebay where a seller blocked me after I inquired about an obviously lab ruby being advertised as natural. The block function is meant to block customers who are not operating in good faith, not people who are knowledgable enough to question a seller's disreputable practices. I reported the seller to ebay and asked them to force an unblock, but honestly, if that is how a seller responses to honest inquiries, you are better off staying away.

How great that you were brave and curious enough to buy from specialbonnie! The ring above looks pretty gosh-darned good. I look forward to hearing what your jeweler says.
How did you communicate with her? I tried but questions were disabled.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
pokerface, I appreciate the comments. But it was my first time reaching out to specialBonnie. How would the seller know anything about me? I have all positive reviews as a buyer.
I don't see them on ebay anymore, evidently just the website is active.

sharpC2014

Rough_Rock
Ran into this youtube from Michaela who buys diamonds on ebay from special bonnie. She says they come from Brazil, they're all colored and somewhat porous so they need treatment. In the viideo below, she's flashing a 12 ct. gray radiant that she got for $320. From what I can discover, these are from Zee Diamonds in Indai DBA special bonnie on ebay. I found other videos from Michaela where she's better groomed and not filming from her basement. From what I can determine, she buys a ring fairly often, looks at it for a while then sells it on her Mercari site. Please tell me if you've ever heard of diamonds - treated or not - for these prices. I find this bizarre.

Ok- so it’s been a long time but I’m back, ok took the ring to first jeweler and they suspected it was moissy, mainly because of the silver setting but I picked the setting because I didn’t want to spend gold money on something I didn’t like. He couldn’t say conclusively with his tester so he told me I’d have to consult the gemologist for a fee. Fast fwd to 5wks ago took the ring to another jeweler to finally have setting adjusted and they tested with a high tech tester and kept getting an error reading, which the commented was really strange. One corner of the stone gave them a moissy reading so they told me it’s moissanite. I just don’t know. Believe me, for the price, I felt it was a decent deal for moissanite so I’m not attached to it being a diamond perse, it’s just in a gem and jewelry person, I can eyeball the difference between Iab and genuine stones. In addition I own diamond, moissanite and cz, a lot of it and it doesn’t look like any moissy or cz or white sapphire or danburite I own. It resembles most closely to diamond, thing is I don’t have a 4.5ct emerald cut natural diamond to compare it to so it’s hard to conclusively say. I was able to msg special Bonnie no problem, however I did go back to ask more questions and like you saw the store was gone. I did try messaging on the zee diamond site but got no response. I like sharing stories about my jewelry so it’s a lil frustrating not having a conclusive answer. I’m in love with the ring tho and been wearing as an wedding ring for over a year. I just had the head lowered and redipped and it still looks amazing. I’ve been thinking of making up a name for it and telling people it’s that. If I had to guess from the looks of it I would say they lucked up on a natural deposit of something akin to moissanite because the stone looks more genuine and glasslike to me than moissy usually does, the color and the clarity. I too originally saw SB on michaelas YT channel and I saw a few comments that people had taken their jewelry to their local jewelers and had been told they were diamonds. I purchased a few cheap ones and the quality was horrendous but I’m thrilled with the one I have that they called “rare” I hope you see this and I hope in some way it helps.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
There are other sellers with similar stones on ebay. I have one coming tomorrow from sunlightjewels96. Their rings looked better (relatively!) than specialbonnies.

sharpC2014

Rough_Rock
Took this in evening light to try and show you the glassy clarity of it. It’s not see thru like topaz or anything, it has that steely underbelly. It does flash color but so does large VVS diamond emerald cut so.. The halo and side diamonds they could conclusively say are diamond. 1. They have inclusions 2. They aren’t 4.5ct. So they had no problem saying they were diamond. From this pic you can see how I struggle to say it’s moissy. Hth

sharpC2014

Rough_Rock
Sometimes I think it’s this, while that one commenter is right that their “about” section borders on rediculous it also seems a lot to go thru to sell jewelry so inexpensive ly. I would assume all that effort would be to try and sell at elevated prices. Why sell something for as little as $10 or I think the maximum I’ve seen is $1000 both of which for diamond is super super cheap, it’s even cheap for standard moissanite. The price would fit tho for something that normally sells cheaply in bulk. Idk lends credibility to me. You can see I’ve put a lot of thought into it because it just doesn’t look like moissy, it looks like What they described, I just can’t prove it without a gemologist and I don’t care to spend any more money on the ring. 036F5D00-FA5C-4E1B-81AD-FF420F9999DC.png

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
sharpC2014, your ring is beautiful. That is a piece.
I read that diamonds from Brazil are often large and a bad olive color. They were used for industrial purposes. With labs so available now, who needs that? I'm thinking that if you're selling cheap diamonds of any quality, India will buy, cut and polish them. One possibility.
The rings I saw from specialbonnie and two other ebay sellers were all sort of moissy colors, but not that different from treated lab diamonds.
This is a long way of saying, I don't know what I'm getting but I don't care if it's moissy or HPHT diamond from Brazil. I don't have your eye, and I'm not spending $$$ to send it to IGI.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Sounds like it could be dlc coated cz.
aka cz with a type of diamond coating applied by cvd methods.
It will test as diamond on some testers and other things on others.
Measuring it and calculating the weight in diamond then comparing that to the actual weight is 100% effective in catching them.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
I've heard of those! Is cz lighter or heavier?
Karl, thank you. Brilliant.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Okay, good to know. I would think that you'd have a more durable cz with the diamond coating.
Anna Zuckerman in Florida has a whole line of these, all kinds of jewelry.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Okay, good to know. I would think that you'd have a more durable cz with the diamond coating.
Anna Zuckerman in Florida has a whole line of these, all kinds of jewelry.

scratch less, chip and abrade the same.
Relatively useless to coat them.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Interesting.
Moissanite is supposed to be so tough and I have two that are scratched and abraded. And I work at a desk.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
One thing puzzles me, if they're cz, why are the colors so bad? Anna Zuckerman's coated stuff is all CZ white, pink, yellow, perfect costume jewelry colors. The stones sharpC2014 and I are looking at on ebay are all off-white to slightly olive or teal blue, brown, gray, like moissy colors.
This ring is coming on Monday. God help me, if I like it I might send it to IGI for a definitive answer.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
The 3.5 ct. radiant came today. I'm reluctant to try to identify the stone. It's either bad moissy or bad CZ, and bad meaning lifeless and waxy. It's so bad it's comical.
If I can get my money back I'll put it toward a nice moissy from Ankit.

1bet

Rough_Rock
Trade
Thanks for sharing this post..

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
I wasn't hoping for an actual diamond, just a nice moissy. The photo above looks better than it does IRL. I asked ebay for a return, I got it the next day. I'm asking for a return shipping label as well, none forthcoming for two weeks now. It's like they don't even want it back.
So, I bought lovedogs' CBI, for about 200 times what I was refunded for this. Funny how these things work.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I wasn't hoping for an actual diamond, just a nice moissy. The photo above looks better than it does IRL. I asked ebay for a return, I got it the next day. I'm asking for a return shipping label as well, none forthcoming for two weeks now. It's like they don't even want it back.
So, I bought lovedogs' CBI, for about 200 times what I was refunded for this. Funny how these things work.

I’m so glad you got the CBI

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Mreader, thank you. I wasn't ready to find exactly what I hoped for, but there it was.

IWantRocks

Rough_Rock
Ok- so it’s been a long time but I’m back, ok took the ring to first jeweler and they suspected it was moissy, mainly because of the silver setting but I picked the setting because I didn’t want to spend gold money on something I didn’t like. He couldn’t say conclusively with his tester so he told me I’d have to consult the gemologist for a fee. Fast fwd to 5wks ago took the ring to another jeweler to finally have setting adjusted and they tested with a high tech tester and kept getting an error reading, which the commented was really strange. One corner of the stone gave them a moissy reading so they told me it’s moissanite. I just don’t know. Believe me, for the price, I felt it was a decent deal for moissanite so I’m not attached to it being a diamond perse, it’s just in a gem and jewelry person, I can eyeball the difference between Iab and genuine stones. In addition I own diamond, moissanite and cz, a lot of it and it doesn’t look like any moissy or cz or white sapphire or danburite I own. It resembles most closely to diamond, thing is I don’t have a 4.5ct emerald cut natural diamond to compare it to so it’s hard to conclusively say. I was able to msg special Bonnie no problem, however I did go back to ask more questions and like you saw the store was gone. I did try messaging on the zee diamond site but got no response. I like sharing stories about my jewelry so it’s a lil frustrating not having a conclusive answer. I’m in love with the ring tho and been wearing as an wedding ring for over a year. I just had the head lowered and redipped and it still looks amazing. I’ve been thinking of making up a name for it and telling people it’s that. If I had to guess from the looks of it I would say they lucked up on a natural deposit of something akin to moissanite because the stone looks more genuine and glasslike to me than moissy usually does, the color and the clarity. I too originally saw SB on michaelas YT channel and I saw a few comments that people had taken their jewelry to their local jewelers and had been told they were diamonds. I purchased a few cheap ones and the quality was horrendous but I’m thrilled with the one I have that they called “rare” I hope you see this and I hope in some way it helps.

I have bought several things from her, of course with the tester it tests as a Diamond. With the loupe no inclusion are seen, but would they be if it’s undergone the HPHT treatment which is the best treatment to do if you are going to clarity and color enhance a Diamond. I purchased 3 blue Diamonds and a citrine pendant. I had purchased before from a different seller in India who grossly lied about the size of the stones, so as I have gages and such since I have been a collector for many years he could not argue with photos. A white sapphire Will not test as a Diamond on my tester, nor will a sapphire. I have all sorts of stones from all over the word zultanites, padradscha sapphire, cherry red spinel, there’s a neon green stone that will change to orange but I can’t think of its name. Special Bonnie is still there she was kind and courteous to me and shipped items tog to save cost and sized my ring to a 4.75. My walls are navy blue and lighting is awful but I am pleased. For years Russia had a stranglehold on the market. That has changed. That’s why I think we are seeing this possible. Who cares if you like bling it last a while. You replace it if it doesn’t. I am dating a VIP and I wouldn’t dare let him spend the money this would cost for him to go to Tiffany’s. We can have fun doing other things.

Attachments

• IMG_3343.jpeg
    IMG_3343.jpeg
    142.7 KB · Views: 19
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results