shape
carat
color
clarity

How would you set a chunky cushion...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kasey3

Shiny_Rock
with a 1.16 length to width ratio? I recently purchased one for a RHR, and I have a few thoughts, but...I would love to hear what you guys would do!

Thank you in advance!!!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
In the mean time, we need some pictures of your new chunky cushion ASAP!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Depends on the size... how many mm''s? And what the budget for the setting?

Kasey3

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 6:01:30 PM
Author: Gypsy
Depends on the size... how many mm''s? And what the budget for the setting?
Good questions Gypsy!

It is a 2.36ct l: 8.6 w: 7.4

Budget 2000-4000

Kasey3

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 5:56:03 PM
Author: kcoursolle
In the mean time, we need some pictures of your new chunky cushion ASAP!!
I am so sorry, but my camera is broken. I will e-mail GOG for the link and post it.

I will be getting a new camera soon, and I promise to come back and post some then and again when it is finally set!!!

Kasey3

Shiny_Rock

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh how lovely.

Next question... do you want it to look more like a RHR... cocktail ring, or more like an engagement ring? And do you like color?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is what I'd do, hands down. Here's the website of the designers for the rings I'm about to post. I'm sure if you wanted the design in all white metal, they could accomodate. But this is one of my favorite designs for a larger rectangular stone:

Flora  ring for Cushion.JPG

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is is with a white center..

Flora ring for EC.JPG

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
And another

flora ring asscher.JPG

Kasey3

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 6:49:50 PM
Oh how lovely.

Next question... do you want it to look more like a RHR... cocktail ring, or more like an engagement ring? And do you like color?
I know I don''t want it to look like an e-ring, and I don''t think I want color. I like tigers ring, I also like reenas ring, I love your ring.

My e-ring is a tiffany repo solitaire so I think I am leaning toward more bling!

Kasey3

Shiny_Rock
Oh Gypsy-those rings are stunning!! Have you seen one in person?

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy--that (flora design) is insanely lovely! ahhhh!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It may look like a bit like an e-ring if you go with the tiger style, but it is also enough "different" that you could pull it off. How about a split shank? I think that would be a great RHR style if you don''t want color.

Kasey3

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 7:09:19 PM
It may look like a bit like an e-ring if you go with the tiger style, but it is also enough ''different'' that you could pull it off. How about a split shank? I think that would be a great RHR style if you don''t want color.
You may be on to something! I wonder if tigers ring could be made as a split shank.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
No, I haven't seen them in person. But I'd take a chance on it based on the vendors that carry the line (you can explore the website and check that out). I think the design is so organic and out of the common run. It takes my breath away.

Thank you so much for the compliments on my ring. Wink's designer Ocean did it, and if you want a halo... feel free to get a qoute. It would look beautiful with your stone.

Oh.. split shank. I like that too.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 7:13:12 PM
Author: Kasey3

Date: 2/13/2009 7:09:19 PM
It may look like a bit like an e-ring if you go with the tiger style, but it is also enough ''different'' that you could pull it off. How about a split shank? I think that would be a great RHR style if you don''t want color.
You may be on to something! I wonder if tigers ring could be made as a split shank.
Leon could definitely do this!! I actually got a quote one time on this exact style and it was a bit over 4k though at the time for this crown with a split shank, but definitely worth getting one as platinum prices have come down a little.

Kasey3

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 7:14:32 PM
No, I haven''t seen them in person. But I''d take a chance on it based on the vendors that carry the line (you can explore the website and check that out). I think the design is so organic and out of the common run. It takes my breath away.

Thank you so much for the compliments on my ring. Wink''s designer Ocean did it, and if you want a halo... feel free to get a qoute. It would look beautiful with your stone.
Thanks for your help Gypsy! Your ring deserves lots of compliments! My favorite part of your ring is the side view with the "culet heart"!!!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
I think a split shank would look amazing. This is one of my favorites!

cushionsplitshank11.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 7:18:02 PM
Author: Kasey3

Date: 2/13/2009 7:14:32 PM
No, I haven't seen them in person. But I'd take a chance on it based on the vendors that carry the line (you can explore the website and check that out). I think the design is so organic and out of the common run. It takes my breath away.

Thank you so much for the compliments on my ring. Wink's designer Ocean did it, and if you want a halo... feel free to get a qoute. It would look beautiful with your stone.
Thanks for your help Gypsy! Your ring deserves lots of compliments! My favorite part of your ring is the side view with the 'culet heart'!!!
Mine too!
21.gif

Coati, that's beautiful!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy-I went to their site and about fell out of my chair! Some of those designs make me weak in the knees!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know right? I have to wipe the drool off my face everytime on there. I've already decided that if anything ever happens to my engagement ring and I have to replace it... I'm buying the biggest EC or Cushion I can afford and getting it set in the floral setting version like the ruby ring. It's just...amazing.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hehehe I''m busy trying to figure out how much I''d need to pout to convince my husband I need one w/either an OEC or OMC..the ones w/the gold petals or leaves..oh mercy..and then the little ring of diamonds around the bottoms of them..I''m scared to know prices but WOW are they gorgeous! I think I have to go back and look some more!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 7:31:02 PM
Author: coatimundi
I think a split shank would look amazing. This is one of my favorites!
Drool!!!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 8:05:50 PM
Author: packrat
Hehehe I''m busy trying to figure out how much I''d need to pout to convince my husband I need one w/either an OEC or OMC..the ones w/the gold petals or leaves..oh mercy..and then the little ring of diamonds around the bottoms of them..I''m scared to know prices but WOW are they gorgeous! I think I have to go back and look some more!
Okay... so you have to PAGE ME if you get anything by them... or get to see them in person. So amazing. An OMC with their designs... **Swoon**

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay so the flora ring does come with pave... I wonder what T-gal would think of this for her sapphire. I also love their flame collection.

Flora Pave Ring MC2.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results