shape
carat
color
clarity

How would you set a chunky cushion...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 8:13:47 PM
Author: Gypsy
Date: 2/13/2009 8:05:50 PM

Author: packrat

Hehehe I''m busy trying to figure out how much I''d need to pout to convince my husband I need one w/either an OEC or OMC..the ones w/the gold petals or leaves..oh mercy..and then the little ring of diamonds around the bottoms of them..I''m scared to know prices but WOW are they gorgeous! I think I have to go back and look some more!
Okay... so you have to PAGE ME if you get anything by them... or get to see them in person. So amazing. An OMC with their designs... **Swoon**

Oh I will! I looked at some of the retailers sites trying to get a ballpark on prices but couldn''t find any of their rings at the places!

Kasey, sorry, didn''t mean to hijack! I think a split shank would be beautiful! There''re so many options-can''t wait to see what you decide!

Kasey3

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 7:16:10 PM
Author: kcoursolle

Date: 2/13/2009 7:13:12 PM
Author: Kasey3

Date: 2/13/2009 7:09:19 PM
It may look like a bit like an e-ring if you go with the tiger style, but it is also enough ''different'' that you could pull it off. How about a split shank? I think that would be a great RHR style if you don''t want color.
You may be on to something! I wonder if tigers ring could be made as a split shank.
Leon could definitely do this!! I actually got a quote one time on this exact style and it was a bit over 4k though at the time for this crown with a split shank, but definitely worth getting one as platinum prices have come down a little.
thanks so much for the info! Would you have him do the same type of pave as tigers, or would you do a beadset type?

Kasey3

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 7:31:02 PM
Author: coatimundi
I think a split shank would look amazing. This is one of my favorites!
Coati that ring is beautiful! Would you set the diamond N/S or E/W?

Kasey3

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 8:27:52 PM
Okay so the flora ring does come with pave... I wonder what T-gal would think of this for her sapphire. I also love their flame collection.
Stunning!

Kasey3

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 8:28:04 PM

Date: 2/13/2009 8:13:47 PM

Date: 2/13/2009 8:05:50 PM

Hehehe I''m busy trying to figure out how much I''d need to pout to convince my husband I need one w/either an OEC or OMC..the ones w/the gold petals or leaves..oh mercy..and then the little ring of diamonds around the bottoms of them..I''m scared to know prices but WOW are they gorgeous! I think I have to go back and look some more!
Okay... so you have to PAGE ME if you get anything by them... or get to see them in person. So amazing. An OMC with their designs... **Swoon**

Oh I will! I looked at some of the retailers sites trying to get a ballpark on prices but couldn''t find any of their rings at the places!

Kasey, sorry, didn''t mean to hijack! I think a split shank would be beautiful! There''re so many options-can''t wait to see what you decide!
No worries!

DiamondFlame

Brilliant_Rock
Coati, that ring''s a total knock out! How many carat is the stone in your pic?

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 8:43:20 PM

Coati that ring is beautiful! Would you set the diamond N/S or E/W?

I like it n/s, because you get a bit more of the shank. *sigh* It's such a pretty ring.

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 6:24:37 PM
Good questions Gypsy!

It is a 2.36ct l: 8.6 w: 7.4

Budget 2000-4000
Kasey3...I think that is the stone I looked at when I was out in NYC and went to GOG. Is it a "J"? If so, and it is the same one, it is a stunner!!! I almost purchased it...but I wasn''t quite ready with the moola yet. But, if I was, I would''ve purchased it in a heartbeat! It is gorgeous...CONGRATS!!! I''m glad it went to a PSer!! (And, I might still have the link to the pic somewhere)

For an RHR, I would go with something "cocktail" like...those ones that Gypsy posted are gorgeous! I think gold would really highlight the warmth of the diamond, too. I held it in the sunshine when I was there...and it was like sunshine...and fire fire fire!!

Something like this is pretty...it is a Vera Wang, which I think is no longer, correct? but you could have someone custom make it.

vera wang setting.jpg

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
On a gold kick right now...more inspiration...

Always loved the Tiffany Paloma Sugar Stacks rings...always thought a chunky cushion would look awesome set in one:

tiffany sugar stacks.jpg

Kasey3

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 10:35:03 PM
Author: Rock_of_Love

Date: 2/13/2009 6:24:37 PM
Good questions Gypsy!

It is a 2.36ct l: 8.6 w: 7.4

Budget 2000-4000
Kasey3...I think that is the stone I looked at when I was out in NYC and went to GOG. Is it a ''J''? If so, and it is the same one, it is a stunner!!! I almost purchased it...but I wasn''t quite ready with the moola yet. But, if I was, I would''ve purchased it in a heartbeat! It is gorgeous...CONGRATS!!! I''m glad it went to a PSer!! (And, I might still have the link to the pic somewhere)

For an RHR, I would go with something ''cocktail'' like...those ones that Gypsy posted are gorgeous! I think gold would really highlight the warmth of the diamond, too. I held it in the sunshine when I was there...and it was like sunshine...and fire fire fire!!

Something like this is pretty...it is a Vera Wang, which I think is no longer, correct? but you could have someone custom make it.
Yes-its a J. It sure is a stunner. I am sorry that it didn''t work out for you.

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/15/2009 5:50:55 PM
Yes-its a J. It sure is a stunner. I am sorry that it didn''t work out for you.
No worries! After I let it go *sigh* physically and mentally, I felt so much better knowing Jonathan will be on the hunt when I''m ready. He really can find some great stones...literally just before that one, he had a 2.49 H that I was going to look at and it sold the day before I got there! So, it told me two things - 1. When you find the stone, ya better be ready...so wait until you are ready!! (with the moola!) and 2. There are other beautiful stones out there, this isn''t the only one!! I mean, really, in the span of two weeks he had two beauties come through...either of which I would be very happy with! So, I''m waiting *patiently* for now.
12.gif

So back to you...look at this split shank beauty from 23rd St Jewelers...surprise diamonds underneath!!

23rd St Split Shank Halo.gif

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Kasey3 - I found the link to your diamond, I''ll post it if you like.
1.gif

And another beauty from Singlestone...

SS Split Shank Setting.jpg

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
I can't remember if I lifted this photo from a PSer or where I got it, but I love this one from Garrard's.

ETA--I just looked and I took it directly from the Garrard website. They have some nice designs for cushions!

garrards_setting.jpg

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! I'd love to see the pics. If I had a spare cushion I would def set it E/W, and split. It's my fav look! I was so close to doing this with mine... Can't wait to see what you decide!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 8:41:49 PM

It may look like a bit like an e-ring if you go with the tiger style, but it is also enough ''different'' that you could pull it off. How about a split shank? I think that would be a great RHR style if you don''t want color.
You may be on to something! I wonder if tigers ring could be made as a split shank.
Leon could definitely do this!! I actually got a quote one time on this exact style and it was a bit over 4k though at the time for this crown with a split shank, but definitely worth getting one as platinum prices have come down a little.
thanks so much for the info! Would you have him do the same type of pave as tigers, or would you do a beadset type?
This really boils down to preference. I personally prefer the "harry winston" style of pave like on tiger''s better than bead set, but the beadset would also look stunning if you like that look better. I like the "harry winston" style better because you can see more diamonds than metal.

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooh, I can''t wait to see your new cushion! I love those McTeigue McLelland settings that Gypsy posted. I also love Harriet''s tsavorite setting, so something like that would be yummy too.

Kasey3

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/15/2009 6:03:39 PM
Author: Rock_of_Love
Kasey3 - I found the link to your diamond, I''ll post it if you like.
1.gif

And another beauty from Singlestone...
That would be great! Thanks for helping me out.

That SS ring is so beautiful! thanks for the pic

Kasey3

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/15/2009 6:32:07 PM

Date: 2/13/2009 8:41:49 PM

This really boils down to preference. I personally prefer the ''harry winston'' style of pave like on tiger''s better than bead set, but the beadset would also look stunning if you like that look better. I like the ''harry winston'' style better because you can see more diamonds than metal.
You are right about the metal-and i do love the HW style...so much to think about!!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Woo that''s a beautiful stone! It''s going to look awesome!

Indira-London

Shiny_Rock

36.gif
that's a beautiful diamond!

Here's another suggestion - East to West to be different

Design 91 novo-style ring.jpg

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was looking at that ring the other day Indira. Its beautiful!!!

Indira-London

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 3:25:43 PM
Author: Maisie
I was looking at that ring the other day Indira. Its beautiful!!!
Thank you Maisie I do love all the rings posted here - I can''t stop looking though I really should have left work ages ago
emsmile.gif

Here is another on the split-shank theme though you would need to imagine a cushion in place of the emerald cut shown in this picture

Design Ring emerald cut - Copy.jpg

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
There is nothing wrong with being obsessed with diamonds Indira!!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results