shape
carat
color
clarity

How to safely clean diamonds without ruin them???

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Demantoid needs to go to a lab. I'm not going to say whether those are horsetails are not as it's just a photograph, but definitely get the stone checked out.

STOJA001

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Pandora|1318762612|3041397 said:
Demantoid needs to go to a lab. I'm not going to say whether those are horsetails are not as it's just a photograph, but definitely get the stone checked out.

Okay, yes I will :)
I also was offered "Russian" Demantoid's up to 8 carats looking just the same - just a little more hazy.
But.... they was reacting more to incandicent light tho', they was shimmering "gold" spots all over...

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
If those are horsetails, then the stones you have are Russian in origin.

Just out of interest, what were the ballpark prices you were hearing for 8ct Russian demantoid?

STOJA001

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Pandora|1318782560|3041505 said:
If those are horsetails, then the stones you have are Russian in origin.

Just out of interest, what were the ballpark prices you were hearing for 8ct Russian demantoid?

They would charge approx. €6000.00 = $11,000.00 I suppose.
The company is located in Asia near India, and they earn over $10,000,000.00 a year - so they are selling plenty of goods cheap.

STOJA001

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Harriet|1318787986|3041534 said:
On p.1, there is a picture of an inclusion, as well as a picture of a gem. I'm asking because the first photo looks like this one, which is stated to feature a Ural horsetail: http://www.gemmologie.be/GEMMOEN/photoincl_en.htm

Yes, that's totally right! :)
I dont got any good camera too zoom the gemstone that much - digital microscope is broken, so I just wanted to refer to a picture.
But the picture was only ment to be what I can see with 60x loupe in my own stone - exactly the same!

Picture NR 1 are not mine - only used to see exaclty same inclusions.
Picture NR 2 are of my 2.24 carat Demantoid - Portuguese Cut.

I also got a 100% matching unheated Sapphire (Picture NR 3) - cut and size is 100% same as the Demantoid - so would be nice as earrings.
But I dont know how people would prefer mixed colors? Both green and blue... Hmm...

I would rate both the Demantoid and the Sapphire as VVS1 in clarity! :)

33-DEMANTOID.jpg

2.24 Demantoid.jpg

KSR1090887-1.jpg

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very interesting inclusion! I'm fascinated by inclusions.

Is €6000 the price per carat or for the whole stone?

STOJA001

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Harriet|1318788952|3041541 said:
Very interesting inclusion! I'm fascinated by inclusions.

Is €6000 the price per carat or for the whole stone?

Yes, some inclusions I think is very very pretty in some Gemstones.
Some inclusions is perfect (specially in Sapphire's), some of them glitters like crazy.
Just my personal opinion..

The price is for the whole 8 ct Demantoid - total price.
They always give me 30 days money back guarantee as well incl. documentations - so I can send the gemstones off to GIA direct if I'd wish.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Please be careful, as €6000 seems too cheap for an 8ct Russian demantoid (assuming that it is of good quality). I have a sense of the market prices as I've been looking for demantoids myself (there's one from the Urals in my avatar).

STOJA001

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Harriet|1318789797|3041549 said:
Please be careful, as €6000 seems too cheap for an 8ct Russian demantoid (assuming that it is of good quality). I have a sense of the market prices as I've been looking for demantoids myself (there's one from the Urals in my avatar).

I've bought plenty of gemstones and diamonds from them, GIA has tested all diamonds from them as the delears described them.
But haven't get Reports from AGL on any of my gemstones yet, but if they're true Russian Demantoid's - I'll purchase more from them.
I will scan AGL Reports as fast as I receive them - probably in November some time.

Okay :)

You mean the green one I suppose?
Isn't there any way to enlarge peoples pictures here at PriceScope -I cant manage to do it?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, it's the green one. I don't know how to enlarge pictures either.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results