shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to source beautiful loose melee?

BrimstoneTwo

Shiny_Rock
Christmas is upon us but shortly after the new year we are planning on starting to source our wedding bands. His will be a plain 18k band so completely straightforward but mine is more complex.

My ER was made for us so there is no matching band available. In addition, I’m a dual citizen and we are an older couple. Neither set of parents could travel easily so we are having two weddings. To symbolise the two ceremonies, I am having two ( ? diamond) rose gold bands to stack with my ER.

We are completely happy to return to the jeweller and have the bands made match but we are in the UK and the market is not as fab for premium stones. If we do decide to go with diamond bands, where is a good place to purchase loose melee? I understand that WF used to sell ACA melee but no longer offers this service. My ER has a WF ACA solitaire so I’d like to have nice stones in my bands as well. I’d prefer the bands to be delicate so the stones won’t be large.

Here is my ER: https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ver-my-whiteflash-aca-engagement-ring.235255/

Thoughts appreciated! =)

ChristineRose

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Brian Gavin has H&A melee--I am not sure this is the best option if you are in the UK.

BrimstoneTwo

Shiny_Rock
Thanks @ChristineRose. I don’t think we can easily get H&A here so ordering them in is not out of the question. My ER Stone was ordered from the US.

It’s possible that the original jeweller can source nice stones, but before we contact them, I’d like to do our homework and comparison shop. It’s very hard for me to quell my inner American tendency to check the prices there. :mrgreen:

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you not just get a band from whiteflash? Or have them make one (two)?

BrimstoneTwo

Shiny_Rock
@ringo865 All options are still open. My main concern with having the band made in the US is that my ER has an unusual basket that sits quite low to my finger so any adjustments would be a bit of a hassle. But certainly an idea to explore.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If WF are no longer selling ACA melee (which would be a shame) I think asking BGD if they could supply loose stones would be worth a try.

I feel your pain, being a fellow Brit - I hope you can sort something out as the WF ACA 0.1ct stones in the good lady's wedding ring definitely sparkle better than the stuff we see in shops over here!

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd work with WF. There are lots of ways for them to understand the basket including you sending them the CAD files from the designer, CAD images, and you can take an impression in special no-shrink modelling clay and then it can dry and be mailed (I'm sure there is a high-tech option for this old-school method).

There are also Crafted by Infinity sellers in the UK that are another super-ideal on par with WF ACA. I think they have melee of similar quality. Maybe @Wink @Winks_Elf @whitewave @cflutist knows for sure...

Best Diamonds
Ms Céline Gouwy
2 Royal Exchange London EC3V 3DG
United%20Kingdom.png
England (United Kingdom)
Tel: +44 777 0381 882

BrimstoneTwo

Shiny_Rock
I was wondering if the clay was an option. Interesting idea! But would also be great to source them here too. Didn’t realise CBI was in the UK.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results