shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Better late than never- My Whiteflash ACA engagement ring

BrimstoneTwo

Shiny_Rock
My wonderful fiance proposed the day after my birthday in July, and wise man that he is, decided that we would shop for rings together. Our initial visit to London's Hatton Garden area left us feeling like we were getting taken for a ride, so nerdy science geeks that we are, we started doing some research. Many weeks later, we decided on a stone from WF and when it arrived from the US, we set out looking for someone to create a setting for it. After our first attempt fell through, we found Durrants. They worked with our design ideas and this setting was handcrafted from unplated WG for our stone. I was a bit nervous but the whole process was amazing and I got to see the setting in progress before the stone was set. I absolutely love it! I've had it just over a month now and it's so sparkly and beautiful!!! I love how low it sits on my hand and how the way the setting hugs the stone. It's curvy and angular at the same time and it's simply perfect for me. :love:

I'm soooo thankful that we followed our instincts, did our homework and chose something that we both love. Durrant's could not have made it an easier for us and I recommend them 100%.

A huge thanks to everyone who advised and supported us through this. It's been so much fun!

1.51 WF ACA H VS2

ER 1K -8172.jpeg ER 1K -8086.jpeg ER 1K -8093.jpeg ER 1K -8102.jpeg ER 1K -8103.jpeg ER 1K -8170.jpeg ER 1K -8187.jpeg ER 1K -8195.jpeg ER 1K -8196.jpeg ER 1K -8082.jpeg

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My wonderful fiance proposed the day after my birthday in July, and wise man that he is, decided that we would shop for rings together. Our initial visit to London's Hatton Garden area left us feeling like we were getting taken for a ride, so nerdy science geeks that we are, we started doing some research. Many weeks later, we decided on a stone from WF and when it arrived from the US, we set out looking for someone to create a setting for it. After our first attempt fell through, we found Durrants. They worked with our design ideas and this setting was handcrafted from unplated WG for our stone. I was a bit nervous but the whole process was amazing and I got to see the setting in progress before the stone was set. I absolutely love it! I've had it just over a month now and it's so sparkly and beautiful!!! I love how low it sits on my hand and how the way the setting hugs the stone. It's curvy and angular at the same time and it's simply perfect for me. :love:

I'm soooo thankful that we followed our instincts, did our homework and chose something that we both love. Durrant's could not have made it an easier for us and I recommend them 100%.

A huge thanks to everyone who advised and supported us through this. It's been so much fun!

1.51 WF ACA H VS2

ER 1K -8172.jpeg ER 1K -8086.jpeg ER 1K -8093.jpeg ER 1K -8102.jpeg ER 1K -8103.jpeg ER 1K -8170.jpeg ER 1K -8187.jpeg ER 1K -8195.jpeg ER 1K -8196.jpeg ER 1K -8082.jpeg

Congratulations!!! It looks BEAUTIFUL!!!
Have you any ideas about wedding bands?

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks! Our original idea was two flanking eternity bands, but this is so damned blingy for the UK that I'm now considering two plain bands :bigsmile:
I LOVE the idea of two, flanking eternities!! I remember that, now, from your previous thread!!! Two, thin, pave’/melee Bands shouldn’t be “too blingy”. Let your bling flag fly, if you want to!!! It’s lovely!!!

BrimstoneTwo

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE the idea of two, flanking eternities!! I remember that, now, from your previous thread!!! Two, thin, pave’/melee Bands shouldn’t be “too blingy”. Let your bling flag fly, if you want to!!! It’s lovely!!!

Time will tell! As soon as we sort out some of the wedding planning details we will have more time to go and try some on. =)

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations to you and your fiance!

Your diamond and setting are beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us. =)2

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
+1 to this suggestion - or you could have one plain/engraved band and one pave band?
Your ring is really beautiful and that setting is perfect for it - have you had many comments on it? I'll imagine there aren't too many ACAs around!

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the way that turned out! We have so few UK jewellers to recommend. Would you be willing to share the maker's address and contact info. for future UK folks wanting a custom setting?

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh wow what a great setting, and gorgeous stone. I love how the diamond sits in that setting and how the setting sits on the picture! I would love to see more photos!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! It's gorgeous.

Nitedula

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Really lovely! Classically simple from the top, and the basket adds just the right amount of interest from other angles. The diamond is gorgeous, too, of course! The whole ring is perfect on your hand.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!! The diamond is a beauty & the setting is so unusual & gorgeous!

I'm also in the U.K. & wear 3 bands: plain wedding, pear solitaire in a plain shank & then full princess cut eternity. I say go with the bling!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stone and setting! Lovely claw prongs too!

BrimstoneTwo

Shiny_Rock
+1 to this suggestion - or you could have one plain/engraved band and one pave band?
Your ring is really beautiful and that setting is perfect for it - have you had many comments on it? I'll imagine there aren't too many ACAs around!

I've had a lot of comments on how sparkly it is! =)

Love the way that turned out! We have so few UK jewellers to recommend. Would you be willing to share the maker's address and contact info. for future UK folks wanting a custom setting?

Absolutely! Durrant's of London, 15 Greville St, Hatton Garden, London EC1N 8SQ, 020 7242 2888

Thank you everyone! I'm totally looking forward to band shopping and will update you when we complete the set. :)

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It turned out lovely!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results