shape
carat
color
clarity

HOW TO: Determine Your Real PS Level

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@sledge I was a wrench turner in the Army (63-B) and wished I had learned more to be able to restore a 67 on my own. That would have been a dream for sure!!

As for the Snake (500GT), she was a six-speed. Couldn’t have all that HP with an automatic. That’d be a waste to me. Had dark tinted windows on her. Would love the look on people’s faces when a 5’ 3” 100 pound girl would get out of her. I wasn’t what they expected to see. You know what I loved most? Downshifting! That throaty moan. Best sound in the world. Like knowing you were in control of a beast.

soldier.gif

Too crazy you being a wrench turner at 5'3' one buck even. I am sure you surprised a few people crawling out of the Snake.

LOL, I know what you mean about downshifting in a car of that caliber.

I've had a few fast ones, all sticks (4, 5 & 6 speeds), and I live hitting triple digits and slamming gears near the redline and having the ass end break loose. At that point you are fast, slightly out of control but in just enough control to get that adrenaline rush and do it all over again.

This was my last "fast" one. She was a fat girl in comparison to your Snake and not as doped up either. So she wasn't super fast but she was fun to drive nonetheless. I was at a point I was going to dump about $20k into her and supercharge or go twin turbos and get serious. This was near the time Dodge announced the Hellcat and I wanted to wait and see what I could get from the factory. Then life got turned upside down and I haven't made that purchase happen...yet.

2013-08-01125945.jpg~original

Now I'm driving this....not bad for 4x4. Hemi, 3.92 gears, 8-speed Mercedes auto transmission w/ dial knob on the dash to add insult to injury! Go ahead and laugh. I did too, but it's kind of nice being able to eat tacos and race, or mud, at the same time, LOL. For a truck, she can haul the mail and outrun a good majority of things, except gas stations -- maybe 17-18mpg on a good day assuming I keep my foot out of her.

11891197_10205710151766226_3603309506862416219_n.jpg~original

As you can see....5% limo tint is a must for me too! First thing I do when I get a new vehicle -- find a tint shop that will go dark as I want. :lol:

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Too funny!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol: So very true!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty sure my finances (or lack thereof) will keep me from going to the next level anytime soon. ;-)

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HAHAH so so true.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha! Too funny!!

And it’s true!!! Before PS a few months ago: I’ll be happy with a 1-1.5ct oval!

After 1 month of PS: actually let’s make that a 2 ct oval in the best cut possible! Let me filter by depth/table

Today: Finalizing purchase on a 2.41 ct crafted by Infinity round!!!

Yeesh. My boyfriend has the patience of a saint. Every option got more expensive too :wall::wall::wall:

Filtering by depth and table is when PS starts taking over lolol

Athena10X

Shiny_Rock
Hmmm...sounds like your hubs and I would get along pretty well. Does he have a Rubi? If not, have you heard terms like gear swap, air lockers, Dana44 front axle swap, snorkels, custom roll cages, body armor, suspension lift, body lift, etc.

God I miss mine so much.....such a way of life....

2018-02-10 11.31.38.jpg

jeep.jpg

My FJ is my baby. Third FJ I’ve owned ( first year model (2007) in voodoo blue, last year model (2014) in magma orange (which I regretfully traded for a Subaru Outback, and then a year later bought a 2013 orange FJ). Planning to mod it and put demelo off-road x-wing sliders, update to a more aggressive grill with a winch, Orange skid plate, new sound system, and infotainment system. Already installed a light saber hilt as my shift knob. Maybe, if time permitting, my SO wants me to add a 3D printed R2D2 bust onto the roof (not sure about aerodynamics). Granted im helping him restore a ‘66 mustang (belonged to his mom) so will see.

Tophat1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lol, agree with one exception: pre-PS should be a ring from Kays or Zales!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results