shape
carat
color
clarity

How to choose

What is the most beautiful of the four sapphires?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vanart

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I need your help I hope you could help me, which of these four sapphires do you think the best in color? I ask you to excuse me in advance my very poor English I am French.:roll
Hoping that you will be able to help me.

cordially

8.00 ct sapphire.png A) 8.00 CT sapphire

sapphire 9.00 CT.png B) 9.00 CT sapphire

sapphire 15.00 CT.png C) 15.00 CT sapphire

sapphire 10.00 CT.png D) 10.00 CT sapphire

What to choose A? B? C? D?

A big thank you for your help, Hello from France:mrgreen2:

arglthesheep

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi there,
It depends on a few more information. Just from the color I would choose A or B. But if you want to choose the better stone, there would also be informations like treatments or origin matter (not only the price) to make the right decisions. Any Lab reports available?

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like A best, the shape is also good.
B is a bit too dark, C is an unusual colour (though some might prefer that) and D is a good colour but I don’t like the shape (too high - if set in a ring it will be high off the finger).
Again, you need reports re treatments because there’s big price differences between fracture filled / heated / unheated.
And another thing, it’s hard to judge real life colour from a photo and also detect any colour zoning. Also when set in a ring, light return is reduced so it can make the stone look darker especially indoors.
Does the vendor have a return policy? While it’s not sensible or practicable to buy gems with the intention to return them (shipping and insurance costs are expensive and you still have to pay them) but if a stone really disappoints after seeing it in person, it’s a good option to have.

vanart

Rough_Rock
Pour arglthesheep

Merci beaucoup pour ton avis ça m'aide énormément je suis moins attiré encore par les couleurs A et B, elles sont plus étincelantes à mon avis, je ne suis pas en mesure d'acheter pour l'instant je m'enquiers car je suis non expert Je vais essayer de vous fournir les liens Youtube de ces quatre pierres comme ça vous pourriez me donner votre avis. Oui, les pierres viennent avec un certificat de laboratoire, elles ne sont pas chauffées. Je vous remercie.

désolé pour mon anglais médiocre mais je suis français

vanart

Rough_Rock
Pour bron357

Wow je ne sais pas par où commencer votre avis est très complet sur la question merci beaucoup.
"B" est sombre mais il est si mousseux, brillant c'est mon préféré avec le "A", je suis d'accord avec toi "C" et très spécial je ne définirais pas "ce bleu" mais c'est beau Quel est ton avis sur la pierre "UNE"? Je ne suis pas d'humeur à acheter pour l'instant, les pierres viennent avec un rapport complet je pense.
Les pierres non traitées sont non traitées non fracturées selon ce que dit le vendeur
Je vous fournirai sous peu des liens vidéo Youtube afin que vous puissiez me donner un avis plus concret sur toutes ces pierres, merci beaucoup pour vos conseils très complets.
Bonne journée.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All should be viewed from different vantage points to ascertain cutting, and different lighting, but based on the photos alone, A has the best color to me. Some seem to have better cutting,

vanart

Rough_Rock
Pour TL

Bonjour,

Merci beaucoup pour votre avis, je vais vous fournir les liens des vidéos des quatre saphirs, j'espère que vous aurez une meilleure visibilité sur les pierres pour me dire lequel d'entre eux à la meilleure coupe, B et mon préféré, suivi prêt de A.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A is my choice, based on these single photographs. Make sure it comes with a reputable lab report. Check for colour shifts. Verify the return policy (enough time and no penalty or fee).

vanart

Rough_Rock
POUR chrono.

Bonjour,

merci pour votre avis est votre conseil précieux, vous verrez les saphirs en vidéo sous peu.

Cordialement

chroman

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Another vote for A based on those photos, and echo what Chrono said.

Have you seen these in person, or you're just judging from photos? If you are just looking at photos, having them all in a single image could be useful (assuming they're all from the same vendor)

vanart

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone, here are the videos of the four sapphires:

copy / paste the links in google to see the stones.

Thank you for telling me what you think is really better,

another question for connoisseurs do you really think that sapphire B is "vivid royal blue"

thank you very much for your feedback:D

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A would be my preference. B (the 15ct because it's C in the original post and B in the videos) looks a little too grey (but I realise that some people prefer to see a colder/grey colour and are attracted to that), C and D look a bit too dark (although I do like the way D moves).

vanart

Rough_Rock
Pour chroman.

Bonjour, merci pour votre vote, les pierres ne viennent pas du même fournisseur. Je vous laisse admirer ses beautés en vidéo.

vanart

Rough_Rock
Pour LD.

Merci pour votre commentaire,

J'étais cependant convaincu que la meilleure couleur était le saphir B. Je me trompe probablement, sauf que c'est mon goût personnel. Pensez-vous que Sapphire A serait plus "précieux" que Sapphire B.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The color for A is gorgeous. A is my choice.

vanart

Rough_Rock
pour whitewave

Merci pour votre avis:RÉ

vanart

Rough_Rock
One more question, how many dollars per carat for each stone do you think? because a lot of gem seller sells at very abusive prices.

vanart

Rough_Rock
celui-ci est beau aussi puis-je avoir ton avis ??

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So you have a great eye for color, vanart! A caution, however. There is a large price differential between unheated and heated stones, especially of the sizes you are considering. You say that they have lab reports stating that they are unheated/untreated, but you should insist on making sure you have lab reports only from a reputable lab, one highly respected. These include: SSEF, Gubelin, and one more whose name I can't remember (in Europe), AGL and GIA (US), and Lotus, AIGS, and a few more (Asia).

Be careful also that the photos have not been photoshopped to increase the saturation/intensity of color. I say that because the color of the fingers in A) and B) look oversaturated as well.

vanart

Rough_Rock
Pour minousbijoux.

Merci beaucoup pour le compliment pour le choix des couleurs saphir, je suis néanmoins "débutant" ton conseil est très précieux, j'en ai beaucoup entendu parler sur le certificat Gubelin je pense qu'il serait sage si je prévois d'acheter dans le futur exiger ce certificat.
Je n'ai pas remarqué pour les photos A et B oui en effet il est possible qu'il y ait eu une amélioration des images plutôt suspectes.

Pouvez-vous me dire quel saphir trouvez-vous le plus «beau»?

J'ai hâte de vous lire à nouveau:lis:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm, good question. Hard to say which I like the best, but assuming each photo is a good representation of the actual stone, I would say this is what I observe in the videos:

A) beautiful color, good crystal, limited extinction.
B) Darker in tone, with excellent saturation, but a bit more extinction.
C) Would not consider this one - too lacking in saturation.
D) Great color similar to B) but note that the microscopic inclusions give it more of a velvety glow, less extinction, but a little less sparkle than the others.

My choice would be A or the oval because of its violet modifier. But also note that the oval is shot outside in indirect bright light so it will be at its best in that video, and probably in hand be generally darker in tone and slightly less saturated. So probably A, maybe the oval or maybe D...

J'espere que ca t'aide (je m'excuse pour l'absence d'accents francais!)

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wildfish gems has an EU location, I believe. Look for comparables there maybe.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A or B, although personally I find that blue sapphires rarely look like their photos or videos because they all colour shift.

vanart

Rough_Rock
Bonjour minousbijoux

Votre avis est très complet toutes ses réponses ici me faire une pause je pense que je vais chercher d'autre saphir, je pense qu'au moins un de ces quatre saphirs serait la perfection mais ce n'est pas le cas.

Oui, vos réponses m'ont beaucoup aidé

Je suis désolé pour mon anglais moyen.

Bonne journée.

vanart

Rough_Rock
Bonjour,
Merci whitewave pour le site Je vais faire un petit tour sur leur site.

vanart

Rough_Rock
Pour chroman,

merci pour le lien le saphir est beau plus c'est rond mais mon idéal serait un saphir un peu plus "sombre"

J'ai trouvé un autre saphir chauffé à 10.00 CT, c'est vraiment à couper le souffle je ne peux pas télécharger le lien de la vidéo ici sur ce site c'est vraiment dommage

Bonne journée.

vanart

Rough_Rock
pour arkieb1.

Bonjour,

Merci pour votre avis il est très apprécié;-)

vanart

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone I found this what do you think?
the seller claims that these sapphires are "royal blue".
I find them personally a little too dark your opinions are appreciated.:roll2:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello everyone I found this what do you think?
the seller claims that these sapphires are "royal blue".
I find them personally a little too dark your opinions are appreciated.:roll2:

Too dark IMO. Once set they will be very dark.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results