shape
carat
color
clarity

How should I set my pendant?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
On Monday, I''ll be picking up my .56 AGS0 M SI1 with very strong blue fluoresence!!! I''m very excited! I''m wondering, if it were yours, how would you set it? Obviously I don''t mind seeing a little warmth, but I''d like it to at least decently match my engagement ring, which is an H, borderline I. My initial thought was just to go with a four prong basket, but then I started thinking of the different possiblities and now I can''t decide. I wouldn''t mind making it look a little bigger, since I''m 5''9" with slightly broad shoulders, but I don''t want to do anything that has to be custom made because I plan on upgrading to a bigger stone when I can afford it. I plan on using white gold. Any thoughts?

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Steph, LOVE YOUR necklace! I love the really thin bezel too.... decisions decisions...

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Thank you TLH!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I agree on the bezel- it will add a little plumping action without having to go custom or super pricey on a setting you''ll likely upgrade eventually.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for your replies everyone! The linked ones are beautiful! I was wondering though, how accurately do stock bezel settings have to fit? It seems like there are settings for 5.2 mm stones, then it goes up to 5.5 mm or so. Mine is 5.33 or something around there. Will it fit into a stock bezel setting?

Another thing is, I would like to be able to interchange the chains I wear it with to go with different types of shirts or dresses, so I don''t want one of the fixed ones. Sometimes I like pendants to sit up high between my collarbones, and sometimes I like them a bit lower. Does anyone have experience with the bezel slides?

I actually found a bunch I like on the stuller website. Maybe I can post them and see what you guys think. Off to look again....

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Ok I realize there are a lot, but I would LOVE some opinions on the following:

1.http://www.stuller.com/products/product.aspx?gid=17593
2.http://www.stuller.com/products/product.aspx?gid=7962&page=2
3.http://www.stuller.com/products/product.aspx?gid=9040
4.http://www.stuller.com/products/product.aspx?gid=9102
5.http://www.stuller.com/products/product.aspx?gid=11034
6.http://www.stuller.com/products/product.aspx?gid=17095
7.http://www.stuller.com/products/product.aspx?gid=12461
8.http://www.stuller.com/products/product.aspx?gid=17088

Thanks for looking! I really like them all so I''d appreciate any comments, positive or negative.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
And I''m SO sorry they didn''t link like they normally do. I can understand if you don''t want to copy and paste all that. Usually the links work, but tonight they''re not and I''m not so much computer savvy. Sorry
8.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kelli, I would love to look, but my computer has a mind of its own. And right now it refuses to find any links I have to copy and paste. Looks like we''re both screwed.
11.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I like number 3 or number 7.

jmtomaui

Shiny_Rock
Kelli, I looked at all of your choices and I have to say that I like the bezel slides the best. Of course, you may want to discount my bias as my wedding ring and pendant are both bezel set. I have long admired that look.

Of the prong settings, I liked the #3 or #4.

One thought about varying your chain length would be to have 1 chain with multiple rings set in to it so that you can vary the size depending on where you hook the clasp. This prevents you from needing more than one chain or worrying about whether the chain will fit the bale.

Good luck w/ this fun project!

Julie

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Ok, after looking up alllll those links I vote for 5 or 6.

I have an intense dislike for bunny ear pendants. Esp. when the stone if the stone is smaller; I feel it detracts from the diamond/gem.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Gecko--- you are such a sweet heart! Thank you so much! That definitely makes it easier:)

I appreciate everyone''s opinions so far. The one thing I am concerned about is whether or not the bezel slides will flip forward or not. For some reason I think I remember reading that about them so it makes me a little nervous.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Off to work...then to Fed Ex!!! Woo-hoo!!!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2009 9:25:22 AM
Author: Kelli
Gecko--- you are such a sweet heart! Thank you so much! That definitely makes it easier:)

I appreciate everyone''s opinions so far. The one thing I am concerned about is whether or not the bezel slides will flip forward or not. For some reason I think I remember reading that about them so it makes me a little nervous.
My pleasure.
4.gif

As for the bezel slides flipping - I think you run that risk with pretty much any pendant. Although, they do seem like they would be prone to flippage.

I suppose you have to weigh that possibility with the alternative of the rabbit ear effect. It''s all a personal preference thing.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
I would do 6 or 7 in yellow gold but as thin as possible.

Like this

GOGK.jpg

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Thanks elle chris. I''m not really interested in yellow gold though, since my e-ring is white. And since now I HAVE MY DIAMOND (woo-hoo!) I know that the color in white gold shouldn''t be an issue. It faces up pretty darn white for what I thought an M would look like! NO SUN WHATSOEVER TODAY.... BOO!! But I did what I could with pics.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
From the front, on top of a white envelope.

Em1a.JPG

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Showing color from the side

Em5side.JPG

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
In yellowish bathroom lighting, next to my H colored engagement ring.

Emandjewel5.JPG

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
And again, for comparison

Emandjewel6.JPG

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Outside on a very overcast day.

Emandjewel1.JPG

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
A little more light in this one

Emandjewel2.JPG

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
That''s all for now. The rest look about the same. It''s really firey and bright. I was worried about it looking "dingy" or just not "matching my ring, since I wanted the pendant to "go" with it. In real life in the face up postition, I can''t really see a difference. From the side it''s obvious, but no one will be seeing it from that angle. I''m VERY happy I went with the M color, and not with a smaller size!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
That''s an M?!?! WOW! It''s beautiful!!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like #4 or a thin bezel. If it were for me I would probably do a thin bezel.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
WHAT A FRIGGIN'' STEAL! Lucky lady! I''d 100% go for a Diamonds By The Yard style pendant (bezel, stationary on a chain as pictured above) ... but I''d add links in the back so it would be adjustable from 15"-18" ... so you can pair it with other necklaces & wear it with different necklines.

27.gif
27.gif
27.gif
27.gif
27.gif
27.gif

*my jealousy rearing its head

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results