shape
carat
color
clarity

How should I set my pendant?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, gorgeous stone!

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
The stone is gorgeous! Can''t believe that''s a M Color!!

It''s funny to see the stuller links as I am working on my very own pendant project (for a 0.44 OEC/Tranny) and has been checking out Stuller settings over the weekend too.

Personally, I love #4 - the one with scroll, if I am going for 4 prong settings.

For the bezel setting, I am getting the jeweler to bring in this setting which you have not listed - Stuller with Filigree back as I wanted a open back gallery for a bezel setting. The Jeweler said that he can even open it abit more for me.

Let us know your decision! Can''t go wrong since you have such a beautiful stone!!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Ok everyone... update time! So I took the stone in and told the guy I was really torn between a basket setting or a bezel. I also told him I didn''t want to spend too much, because I''m planning to upgrade to a larger stone when I have the money. He said that if I wanted to re-use the setting for a colored stone or anything afterwards, that I should go with a basket because bezels can be difficult to reset. I know most of you voted bezel, but the basket won out this time. I also have a prong set engagement ring and want basket style studs too, and I have a thing about it all "going together". I went with the solstice because I liked that it didn''t have the rabbit ears. It was also a bit cheaper than the bezel one I was looking at. So tomorrow, I''ll get to go have it set. I''ll be sure to post pictures!

This is the one I picked. http://www.stuller.com/products/product.aspx?gid=11034 I know it''s not quite as popular, but it just kind of called out to me.
1.gif

Thank you for your replies everyone! GoodSoul, be sure to post your OEC/Tranny pendant as well!!

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
WOW Kelli, what a great stone. I would never have guessed, it doesn''t look like an M at all. Congrats, it is going to make an amazing pendant.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Thanks KtIceRN!!!!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! From the top view, it looks as white as your H stone!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Thanks! I know, I could believe it!! I was worried about wearing them together and having them not "match". No problems there!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooooh, that is one gorgeous stone. I can''t get over how bright white it is! Well done.
36.gif
And I like that setting too.
5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results