shape
carat
color
clarity

My new pendant:)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Well, I inherited a .45 pendant from my great-grandmother a while back. I don''t have any other specs yet until I get it appraised/insured, but it is a really beautiful, sparkly stone. I cannot tell a difference in color when held up next to my H ering. This pendant is very special to me as my grandfather who passed away several years ago picked it out for his mother. He was a diamond fanatic and I remember him always using his loupe to inspect my mother''s and grandmother''s diamonds. So just by how knowlegable he was about diamonds, I am sure this is a really good one. It was in a yellow gold setting and since everything I own is either white gold or platinum, I decided to get it set in white gold. I have admire the WF martini setting for a long time. Seeing as how I am getting my original ring reset and getting a new diamond eternity band for Christmas, I wanted this to be a less expensive project. I found a local jeweler who did an AWESOME job for a really really good price. I am so pleased. Here are some pictures if I can get them to post....I have never attempted to post a picture before:)

steph722761.jpg

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
The best I can do as far as flowers in South Florida!

steph722762.jpg

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Required neck shot!

steph722763.jpg

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that neck shot is really light! I swear I am not that pale!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Okay, another neck shot....please excuse the hair, it is a mess!

steph722764.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, beautiful pendant; that is sweet you have something from your great grandma. What a special gift!!!! I swear we have the prettiest people on Pricescope!!!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
aww, thanks Skippy you made my day!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Beautiful all round!

cheers--Sharon

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
it''s beautiful! and it is so nice to have some history and personal meaning with it. those are the best pieces!! enjoy!!

soooo..... any idea when you''ll have a gorgeous three-stone to go with it?
31.gif
1.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful girl you are and your pendant is gorgeous. What a treasure from your great grandma
Linda

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for all the kind comments everyone. I really love the pendant and am so happy I went with the martini setting. Rainydaze...the ring is supposed to be in on Nov. 10th, but I bought it in Atlanta where my jeweler is, so I will have to wait until I am up there for Thanksgiving to get it
7.gif
I can''t wait though and I will post pics as soon as possible! Any word on how long your gorgeous ring will take...can''t wait to see that one either!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous and it looks great on you. What a special diamond, too-I love that your grandfather picked it out for his mother!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new diamond necklace is gorgeous! What a special gift to have.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is beautiful and I love how sentimental the stone is! Perfect size!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
You AND your new pendant are beautiful!

I love the sentiment behind it, as well!

Thanks for sharing with us!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Ya''ll are too sweet! Thanks for all the kind words
2.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, this is very pretty and how nice is used to belong to your grandmother.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Pretty stone for a pretty lady. Looks great on you & what a lovely sentiment from your great-grandmother! It must be very special when people say what a lovely diamond & you can lovingly say ..."oh, it belonged to my great grandmother". I''m jealous of you now. LOL LOL Enjoy it!

Judy
:)

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys! This was really the only significant piece of jewelry she owned and the only reason she had it was because my grandfather gave it to her because he wanted her to have something beautiful. He ended up dying about 6 months before her and I think she ended up leaving me the pendant because she knew how close I was to him and how devestated I was when he passed away. I used to sit in his lap when I was little and look through the loupe with him....I guess that is where I got my love of diamonds
1.gif

IHeartOldCuts

Rough_Rock
Pretty diamond for a pretty lady! It looks HUGE in that setting, dont you think so?

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/16/2007 7:19:09 PM
Author: steph72276
Thank you for all the kind comments everyone. I really love the pendant and am so happy I went with the martini setting. Rainydaze...the ring is supposed to be in on Nov. 10th, but I bought it in Atlanta where my jeweler is, so I will have to wait until I am up there for Thanksgiving to get it
7.gif
I can''t wait though and I will post pics as soon as possible! Any word on how long your gorgeous ring will take...can''t wait to see that one either!
boy oh boy! all this waiting.... your ring, gypsy''s ring, my ring!! they said it would take 4 weeks for eli to make the ring, and that doesn''t include all the shipping to and fro, so i''m guessing sometime after thanksgiving.

i love your new avatar, you and your son have matching beautiful smiles!

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
I love the pendant...and it looks huge!
30.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful! I love the martini setting.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Well, I think maybe the picture makes it look bigger than it does in person....or maybe it is because I just traded in my old .97 pendant for a new 3 stone setting, but I wouldn''t say it looks "huge"....it sparkles and is just the right size for everyday wear though! Thanks for all the kind words!

angeline

Ideal_Rock
That is so special and so pretty! not to mention the face it adorns! Congrats!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, you are a beauty and so is that lovely stone!!!!! It looks great in that setting. Congrats!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much firegoddess....I love your pear by the way:)

Skippy...I was actually wondering the same thing although as dumb as it sounds I don''t really know anything about OEC so I don''t know how to tell them from a round. The facets seem to look a little different than my previous round pendant....I really need to go have it appraised, I have been a slacker. Is there anyone who could tell me what to look for to see if it is an OEC?
1.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hmmmm...the more I look at pictures of OECs, the more I think they resemble my pendant. I will have to go get it appraised soon and report back:)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results