shape
carat
color
clarity

Pretty "K"ristmas Bling!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Santa aka Greg was good to me this year....I've been proudly wearing my .38c Regent for a few years now, and while I love it for daily wear, I have been feeling like I needed something with a little more impact for days when I felt like my neck needed a little extra bling.

Recently, WF had a .94 K VS that was up on their site...a friend pointed it out to me. When I went to look at it thinking if it was seriously true I would get it...it was SOLD! Yikes! Fast mover.

So when this beauty came up for sale...I jumped on it. I have wanted to get a K stone for a while...being that I love a beautiful J stone and my girlfriend has an amazing 1.6 K ACA from WF...I knew that a beautiful K would be perfect for a pendant.

.78 K VS ACA

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-540904.htm

Since I don't wear much in the way of bling bling jewelry...I wanted something simple. I went into Tiffany with some fab diamond friends and tried on about 5 diff styles of necklaces. Everyone agreed that the thin bezel set was the way to go.

Dilemma ensued. I wanted to get something like the super thin simple bezel with exposed culet like Tiffany's...but I wasn't sure that the .78c would be my final diamond...being that I wanted more like a 1c for a pendant, to just do it once and for all. However, I wasn't sure...being that .78c is a significant size, so with a thin bezel it might be more than enough size wise for me. I decided to have WF set the stone into their stock pendant setting with major modifications to make it as close as possible to the Tiffany style but without going custom.

The final product is fabulous...I am so glad I went this route for now and MAN this sucker is HUGE with the bezel. I am feeling a little awed by how large it is...but I'm sure I will get used to it.

Greg was a "K"ristmas meanie and wrapped it immediately and put it under the tree so I've been staring at the box for a few days now.

WF did sent me one pretty vanity shot to tide my over until the big day. It looked so wonderful and I was amazed at how thin the bezel was.

Mpendant1207.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I managed to get some good shots today in between present unwrapping, mashed potato making, sweet eating...here''s a few.

In the box...!

pendant a.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
crisp beautiful arrows.

pendant f.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
wrapped with a bow...

pendant e.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
side view...!

pendant b.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
christmas pendant.

pendant i.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
and guess i should have posted this one first, oops! us with the box before the actual 'opening'. Greg saved it til last. it's a little blurry, self-photo taking is not one of my strong suits!!

pendant us 2007.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
and last but not least, cleaned up wearing the new pretty. i love it! and seriously, i cannot believe this is a K. i swear these amazingly cut J and K stones just amaze me time and time again and i don''t even know why i am surprised, but i guess i still am.

pendant g.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara - congrats, it is fabulous!!!! It also looks huge on your neck - yummo!!!
30.gif
30.gif

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
It''s sooooo pretty, Mara!
30.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
It is very sweet Mara, enjoy!

ETA: I wondered what you were up to with the 'K'ristmas title!!!! Silly Mara!

wen104

Shiny_Rock
Ow that is beautiful! Merry Christmas!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
Ohhhh very nice :) congratulations on the new neck warmer
2.gif

Love the title too :)

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooh it''s beautiful! It''s so white-I love it!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, it''s GORGEOUS! It''s a great size on you and the arrows shots are amazing! Congratulations!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful!
30.gif

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
Fantastic!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Mara, that pendant is a stunner!! Is the Regent jealous? Your new pendant is like a big, big sister to the one you bought your little sis a few years ago!

I am in love with (and a little puzzled by) the setting. You may remember that when I was getting my .40 round pendant from WF, I wanted a thin bezel with smooth sides. I was told that couldn''t be done without going custom - their stock bezel setting for diamonds over .25 ct had the groove in the side and was tall - almost barrellike, so I didn''t like it. I wonder if they have changed their stock setting, or did they order a Stuller setting for you? If so, do you remember which one for my future reference? Your setting is EXACTLY what I would have gotten if it could have been done w/o going custom. (Since I plan to upgrade my stone sometime, I didn''t want to invest in a custom setting that would have been as much as the stone!) Whenever I do upgrade, I am going to remind them that the smooth sided bezel CAN be done!

Anyway, sorry for the threadjack w/ my questions. I''m so happy for your new sparkly and I am glad you had a great Christmas!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its beautiful Mara
1.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Its gorgeous, Mara!!!!! That pic of you and Greg is just precious!!!

Enjoy your new bling!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

ps- we SO knew you were up to something....
2.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooo, gorgeous K!!!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I have to say that I LOVE that setting! It is a really simple classic look that makes your diamond look huge. You certainly would never guess that the stone is a K from these pictures. Nice Christmas gift!!!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful Mara, it looks great on you!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks everyone!!! this thing is massive to me, seriously!! and SO white looking. i wonder if the metal bezel helps at all. and i am so jazzed about finally being able to get what i wanted in a pendant...after that .94 was snapped up i thought seriously how long will it be til another primo K comes along. thankfully i didn''t have to wait too long!!

gail, i believe that this is another stock stuller setting that they ordered in. lesley mentioned something to me about there being a stock stuller that is more like the tiffany setting, BUT they typically can''t order it because the stone has to fit EXACTLY...and she said that my stone did...so i''m guessing that the stone measurements were spot on for whatever made the setting work...so they were really excited to try to get it closer to my vision than the regular one that they carry for any stone. and i was willing to settle for the stock one with mods because they did such a great job on my sister''s tiny one, but when i hear that they thought they could get it a little closer to the tiff one i was jazzed.

i will try to get more fun pictures over the next few days but i just wanted to get this up last nite...and lol dani yep you ladies know me TOO WELL. i have to think a lot harder about trying to hide what i''m doing next time!! hehee.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
So lovely!
You are very pretty too!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your beautiful pendant, Mara.

FWIW, I know how coveted the thin tiffany style bezel is, but in reality, having the culet open makes that style so delicate to handle. It has to be meticulously placed just right on a soft cloth or hung up properly rather than placed on a counter before jumping in the shower.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
So beautiful and the perfect size! Congrats and enjoy!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I knew it, Mara! It''s just sooooo incredibly gorgeous, I just started searching WF''s inventory for K ACAs.

Santa Greg was very, very kind to you this year, indeed!

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
very nice addition to your Bling family!!

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I love how thin the bezel is around it. It looks so delicate. How long is the chain? I can''t believe that''s a K. It looks stunning on you. Someone has been a very good girl this year.
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results