shape
carat
color
clarity

How shall I set my sapphire?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2009 12:38:56 AM
Author: arjunajane
Dreamer,
is this the sapph you were considering JM for?
If so, I think it would be lovely in one of his simple bezel bands..perhaps with some side diamonds?

I love this..
I was thinking about it but I think I am undecided... I am not as wild about this style of bezel where the stone is totally enclosed on the bottom. The bridge style has the culet open, but then it sits too high in my opinion!

ma re

Ideal_Rock
IMO a halo would be better for a baby ring than a three stone, cause it just seems more delicate. But if you decide on a three stone, maybe there''s even no need to change the pair you already have, cause an oval can look great with EC sides (assuming proportions are right). Ovals or pears could of course also work, but they would give a completely different feel to the ring - not better or worse, just different.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer, what a precious photo of Hunter! He is so adorable!
30.gif

Regarding the setting, which one is more visually appealing to you? A halo or a three-stone? Also, which setting would be more practical and versatile for everyday wear? If you were to choose the three-stone route, I can see easily see your gorgeous sapphire with halfmoon, oval or pear sidestones. My personal favorite would be the pear sidestones, but I may be in the minority.

Good luck with your decision, and I can''t wait to see your ring completed!

It will be a knock-out, I''m sure.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2009 12:26:57 PM
Author: ma re
IMO a halo would be better for a baby ring than a three stone, cause it just seems more delicate. But if you decide on a three stone, maybe there''s even no need to change the pair you already have, cause an oval can look great with EC sides (assuming proportions are right). Ovals or pears could of course also work, but they would give a completely different feel to the ring - not better or worse, just different.
Ma re, you always have such great suggestions! Unfortunately in this case the ECs are much too large to go with my sapphire. They are each .48ct and with a sapph being about the size of a 1ct diamond oval, it just wouldn''t work I think.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2009 12:43:20 PM
Author: platinumrock
30.gif

Regarding the setting, which one is more visually appealing to you? A halo or a three-stone? Also, which setting would be more practical and versatile for everyday wear? If you were to choose the three-stone route, I can see easily see your gorgeous sapphire with halfmoon, oval or pear sidestones. My personal favorite would be the pear sidestones, but I may be in the minority.

Well both are appealing to me visually, I think. I adore the contrast between the blue and white of my present three-stone sapph ring, even though I have never really liked the sapphire in the ring. So the three-stone route makes me swoon for that reason. But I have always wanted a halo!

I am fairly certain that I will end up with both--I want to re-set my diamond solitaire into either a halo or three-stone, and I want to set the sapph in either a halo or three stone! The question is, which one to set which way
33.gif
?

The pracricality question is a stumper. With a young child I certainly don''t want anything too delicate. Perhaps that eliminates a halo? I just love how it looks, so I am not sure whether to get what I love or to get what is practical.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer, your little Hunter is just darling, that 1st picture just makes me want to pick him up and cuddle him - and I`m not normally a `baby`gal. Something about that cute butt, like Linda said! He`s gorgeous, congratulations Mom!

Now, as to your ring. Have you thought about what finger you want to wear it on? I`m assuming that you want a style that is going to be baby friendly as well, so here are my 3 suggestions - in no particular order, I like them all.

east west pink oval 01.jpg

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Suggestion number 2:

More gems 0383.jpg

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Suggestion number 3:

great set better with a pear01.jpg

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
I posted this pic in the wrong thread. Anyway, here''s a three-stone that''s definitely "snag-free".

halfmoonbezel1.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2009 10:38:04 AM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
As for bezels, there is a local jewelry designer named Linda Penwarden who does amazing work. I visited her store and loved what I saw! Since she is Canadian, my budget will go further.

Here is a ring of hers I adore...
And I love this setting, it`s identical to my yellow topaz e-ring. Linda Penwarden makes some very nice jewellery.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2009 1:07:30 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie

Date: 4/8/2009 12:43:20 PM
Author: platinumrock
30.gif

Well both are appealing to me visually, I think. I adore the contrast between the blue and white of my present three-stone sapph ring, even though I have never really liked the sapphire in the ring. So the three-stone route makes me swoon for that reason. But I have always wanted a halo!

I am fairly certain that I will end up with both--I want to re-set my diamond solitaire into either a halo or three-stone, and I want to set the sapph in either a halo or three stone! The question is, which one to set which way
33.gif
?

The pracricality question is a stumper. With a young child I certainly don''t want anything too delicate. Perhaps that eliminates a halo? I just love how it looks, so I am not sure whether to get what I love or to get what is practical.
Dreamer, have you ever tried on a halo? Did you love it on your hand? I would hate for you to spend $1200 on a ring and you find out it''s not the style for you. If you tried on a halo before and you love it, then I think you should go for the halo. Since you already have a three-stone, there''s no point in getting another three-stone if your heart is set on a halo. Also, you get to have the best of both worlds: a three-stone and a halo.

You should definitely get what you love first. The impracticalities will sort itself out and you will find a way to accomodate them.

You will be too busy staring at your ring anyway.
3.gif

Barcelona

Shiny_Rock
I also have a sapphire from Gary, although not blue. I''m having it set east to west with a semi bezel and a pave band. It''s headed off to WF today, so I''ll post CADs once I receive them.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Even a halo can be baby friendly - how about the one where melee is channel set around the center?

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Here are two of my favourite three stones...

krikawaring0000949494.jpg

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
and...

just realized these are out of budget at $2k

three-stone-engagement-ring-MO3S-rbht.jpg

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2009 2:45:42 PM
Author: shimmer
and...

just realized these are out of budget at $2k
Shimmer, I''m normally not into bezels, but that is a gorgeous setting! Are the sides pears or hearts?

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I know, I just love that setting...it''s from Kriwaka. The website says they are heart shaped sapphires, 1ct centre diamond
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results