shape
carat
color
clarity

How old is too old for dancing at the club?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
A bunch of girls in my Mom's group are taking an over night trip to Vegas. If I liked to gamble, I would totally go, but it's just not my thing.

All of the girls are so excited to get dressed up and go dance at clubs. We are all in our early 30's and have at least one child.

Maybe I'm just a fuddy duddy, but I feel too old to be drinking and dancing at a club (I'll be 33 in March.)

I can remember being in my early 20's and seeing older people out and thinking, "What are they doing here?"

What do you think is too old to be going out to clubs?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, have fun and do not stress over age! Life is too short.
2.gif

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock

;-)

But I''m all for going out dancing when you''re on a girls'' getaway weekend. Why not?

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 6:01:17 PM
Author:luvmyhalo
I can remember being in my early 20''s and seeing older people out and thinking, ''What are they doing here?''
Don''t you dare go! Those youngin''s might be permanently scarred by seeing your aged tailfeather shakin'' it. Not to mention the ripples of laughter throughout the place ... and the pointing! 33, you said? I''m surprised you still show your face at the grocery store. I mean, seriously, people are buying FOOD there you know.

11.gif

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 6:12:52 PM
Author: decodelighted

Date: 2/27/2009 6:01:17 PM
Author:luvmyhalo
I can remember being in my early 20''s and seeing older people out and thinking, ''What are they doing here?''
Don''t you dare go! Those youngin''s might be permanently scarred by seeing your aged tailfeather shakin'' it. Not to mention the ripples of laughter throughout the place ... and the pointing! 33, you said? I''m surprised you still show your face at the grocery store. I mean, seriously, people are buying FOOD there you know.

11.gif
Wow. OK, never mind. Forget I asked. Sheesh!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d go, have fun. You are a youngin!!!
1.gif

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
do whatever you like. have fun. 33 is not old.

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
Drinking and dancing has never really been my thing, even when I was younger. I wish it was, I know if I were the type to be able to really let loose, I would have fun! I would much rather see a show in Vegas and go to a spa for massages and a little girl chat.

I wasn't asking if you guys thought I should go. I was just asking at what age would you think, "that's too old to be doing that!" Kind of in a Dancing Fire kind of way
3.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t think there''s such a thing as too old. I personally am not one for clubs, but I have 45 year old co-workers who go to clubs. There are different types and styles of clubs to suit all.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Too old for dancing at a club? Only if you can''t stand even with the help of a stationary walker, or one step farther downhill and you''re being *viewed* in a funeral home. Now, that''s a scary tradition -far worse than dancing at a club.
9.gif

It''s something like not wearing a swimsuit in public, but getting it on quickly when you''re at a Caribbean resort where you don''t know anyone.
25.gif

I''ve been to resorts where women who shouldn''t have, went topless, and older guys wore nothing more than a G-string. Try carrying on a conversation with them at the pool bar. Now, that''s scary.
38.gif
35.gif

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 6:31:04 PM
Author: isaku5
Too old for dancing at a club? Only if you can''t stand even with the help of a stationary walker, or one step farther downhill and you''re being *viewed* in a funeral home. Now, that''s a scary tradition -far worse than dancing at a club.
9.gif

It''s something like not wearing a swimsuit in public, but getting it on quickly when you''re at a Caribbean resort where you don''t know anyone.
25.gif

I''ve been to resorts where women who shouldn''t have, went topless, and older guys wore nothing more than a G-string. Try carrying on a conversation with them at the pool bar. Now, that''s scary.
38.gif
35.gif
Ha ha!!!! That made me laugh out loud! That''s exactly how I feel about it. I guess because I''ve never been comfortable in the club scene, now that I''m a little older ( I know 33 is not OLD!), and I''m married and have a child, I feel even more awkward!

I''ve had a couple of those conversations Isaku, and it''s so hard to focus on what you''re saying to the person and still think, "Don''t look down, don''t look down..."

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
I think it really depends on the situation.

A girls trip to Vegas/ rare occasions... sure why not. Any age, I think, is fine. I am not really a 'dancer' so I would be the one just sitting at a table/ having a conversation.

Frequent nights out... I'd say once your a parent. (eek, I'll probably be thrown under a bus for saying that.
6.gif
) I only say this because I have friends/ family that go out (one's 22 and the other is 33). They both go out FREQUENTLY and in my head are putting their enjoyment/life above their childs. That is probably the only reason I have this view and it's probably not a 'normal' view.

I don't know if I answered the question, but I guess it just depends on the circumstances.

It kind of reminds me in the movie Knocked Up when they aren't allowed in the club because one is 'too old' and the other is preggos. :)

PS- I think I am in love with the rings in your avatar! They are gorgeous!!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your never to old for dancing
2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
33 is young, How to say what is too old?? I could see me going, and having a blast with my friends, I am 47 and not ready to put away my dancing shoes yet.. I love to dance....
3.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Who is going to know you''re 33 and not 25? Do you look that over-the-hill?
28.gif

Go. Pretend you''re a cougar on the prowl. "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas."
9.gif

Girlrocks

Brilliant_Rock
I have a girl''s night out once a month, and yes, we sometimes dance (I''ll be 38 this year). But Vegas...girl, HAVE FUN!!!! You betcha...dress up, dance, have a GREAT TIME!!! I''m jealous!
3.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
just go !! ...be sure to put on a low cut dress.
31.gif

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
All you party animals are cracking me up!!!!! Holly - I nearly spit out my tea when you said "Cougar on the prowl!" Anyone else immediately think of Linda Hogan???

Where are all the other "stick in the muds" to keep me company???
3.gif

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If you''re significantly older (10+ years) than everyone else at the club, then you''re at the wrong place. But there''s no age where you''re too old to go out dancing per se. And at 33, I doubt you''re too old to dance anywhere in Vegas.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
it's really more about the place than an age where it is unacceptable. since LV is a tourist/transient city, there probably isn't too much this is a youngster's club, or a fogey's club...

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/27/2009 6:24:52 PM
Author: luvmyhalo
Drinking and dancing has never really been my thing, even when I was younger. I wish it was, I know if I were the type to be able to really let loose, I would have fun! I would much rather see a show in Vegas and go to a spa for massages and a little girl chat.

I wasn''t asking if you guys thought I should go. I was just asking at what age would you think, ''that''s too old to be doing that!'' Kind of in a Dancing Fire kind of way
3.gif

I''m like you, although I used to love dancing when I was 17 and sneaking into clubs.

Since I turned 18, I''ve only been twice! I''m 27 now, and my older sister (29) always tries to get me to go out dancing, it''s just totally not my thing (and yes, I think she is too old for this). I think it''s more the ''bar scene'' that turns me off, it''s so childish to me.

To answer your question, I think that over 25 is too old.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/27/2009 6:59:29 PM
Author: HollyS

Who is going to know you''re 33 and not 25? Do you look that over-the-hill?
28.gif

Go. Pretend you''re a cougar on the prowl. ''What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.''
9.gif
LOL

Make the msot of it. Rock that 33 girl!

cheers--Sharon

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Probably when you have to ask that question
2.gif
Seriously though, just go and have fun. Moms deserve some time off. Can I come??? J/K.
9.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I''d say 35 if you''re single and looking for a hook up

But

I''d say mid-forties if you''re having a girls weekend...like when the Real Housewives of the OC hit the club, now that was an awful display...but if you''re in your 30''s and feeling sexy...why not?

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 9:11:14 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Probably when you have to ask that question
2.gif

I thought the *exact* same thing when I read the post.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Go! I still get ID''d in Vegas - and I''m 35.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Depends on the person but I say you are never too old to go dancing.

There''s a cut off for "acting young" though. If you go out to a club and are old enough to rock that white-blue tight curled aqua-net sprayed granny hair that you''ve paired with a skin tight python skin hot pink tube top and "apple bottom jeans boots with the fur" ... it''s not going to work.
25.gif
But you''re not and you won''t so it''s all good!
28.gif

Go out, dance, enjoy your friends and have a great time!

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
I know a TON of mid to late 30somethings that enjoy going to a club every now and then. You''re definitely not too old!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You will be fine, go and have fun!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/28/2009 1:03:34 AM
Author: Sparkalicious
Depends on the person but I say you are never too old to go dancing.

There''s a cut off for ''acting young'' though. If you go out to a club and are old enough to rock that white-blue tight curled aqua-net sprayed granny hair that you''ve paired with a skin tight python skin hot pink tube top and ''apple bottom jeans boots with the fur'' ... it''s not going to work.
25.gif
But you''re not and you won''t so it''s all good!
28.gif

Go out, dance, enjoy your friends and have a great time!
What are these please?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results