shape
carat
color
clarity

How old is too old for dancing at the club?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 6:17:17 PM
Author: luvmyhalo
Date: 2/27/2009 6:12:52 PM

Author: decodelighted

Date: 2/27/2009 6:01:17 PM

Author:luvmyhalo

I can remember being in my early 20's and seeing older people out and thinking, 'What are they doing here?'

Don't you dare go! Those youngin's might be permanently scarred by seeing your aged tailfeather shakin' it. Not to mention the ripples of laughter throughout the place ... and the pointing! 33, you said? I'm surprised you still show your face at the grocery store. I mean, seriously, people are buying FOOD there you know.

11.gif

Wow. OK, never mind. Forget I asked. Sheesh!!!
I'm not deco so I can't say for sure, but I'm preeeeeeeeeeeetty sure she was only kidding.
2.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
As long as you''re not doing the charleston or the funky chicken, I think you''ll be ok!!
35.gif

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 6:51:57 PM
Author: diamondrnglover
Your never to old for dancing
2.gif
Ditto!
9.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
My mom is 52. She goes to clubs with her girlfriends. They drink pina coladas and dance all night.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2009 4:56:04 AM
Author: Lorelei
Date: 2/28/2009 1:03:34 AM

Author: Sparkalicious

Depends on the person but I say you are never too old to go dancing.

There''s a cut off for ''acting young'' though. If you go out to a club and are old enough to rock that white-blue tight curled aqua-net sprayed granny hair that you''ve paired with a skin tight python skin hot pink tube top and ''apple bottom jeans boots with the fur'' ... it''s not going to work.
25.gif
But you''re not and you won''t so it''s all good!
28.gif

Go out, dance, enjoy your friends and have a great time!

What are these please?

http://www.tightjeansgo.com/apple-bottom-jeans.shtml

I have tried this type of jeans on and they do nothing for me
25.gif

33 is not to old nowhere near to old.

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/28/2009 11:09:02 AM
Author: Deelight

There''s a cut off for ''acting young'' though. If you go out to a club and are old enough to rock that white-blue tight curled aqua-net sprayed granny hair that you''ve paired with a skin tight python skin hot pink tube top and ''apple bottom jeans boots with the fur'' ... it''s not going to work.
25.gif
28.gif

What are these please?

25.gif

That bit is a quote from Flo-Rida''s song "Low". At work we listen to satellite radio, and it used to be on ALL the time. I could probably recite all of the lyrics to it!

To answer your question, I don''t think you''re too old! But I agree that at 31, I wouldn''t necessarily want to hit the same clubs as the local college age people.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/28/2009 8:14:21 AM
Author: Tuckins1
As long as you''re not doing the charleston or the funky chicken, I think you''ll be ok!!
35.gif
Why not?

hehe23.gif
Happy%20dancing%20guy.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

25.gif
28.gif

What are these please?

25.gif

Thanks Dezza, you learn something every day!
9.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2009 11:25:36 AM

25.gif
28.gif

What are these please?

25.gif

Thanks Dezza, you learn something every day!
9.gif

Anytime Lozza
35.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2009 11:24:18 AM

35.gif

Why not?

hehe23.gif

Lol!
3.gif

Gotta love Lorelei!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have fun in Vegas
35.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/28/2009 12:54:36 PM

Date: 2/28/2009 11:24:18 AM

35.gif

Why not?

hehe23.gif

Lol!
3.gif

Gotta love Lorelei!!
bat%20eyes3.gif
235.gif

How kind!!!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 6:17:17 PM

Date: 2/27/2009 6:12:52 PM
Author: decodelighted

Date: 2/27/2009 6:01:17 PM
Author:luvmyhalo
I can remember being in my early 20''s and seeing older people out and thinking, ''What are they doing here?''
Don''t you dare go! Those youngin''s might be permanently scarred by seeing your aged tailfeather shakin'' it. Not to mention the ripples of laughter throughout the place ... and the pointing! 33, you said? I''m surprised you still show your face at the grocery store. I mean, seriously, people are buying FOOD there you know.

11.gif
Wow. OK, never mind. Forget I asked. Sheesh!!!
I think Deco was joking honey.

As for the dancing thing... I am 37 and I probably wouldn''t go to a club where I live, but if I was away on holiday somewhere - why not!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
You should totally go and have fun. I am 32 & I went to Vegas for two bachelorette parties in 2007 & 2008, both after the birth of my son, (the boys had a little bonding time at home ;-) and we had so much fun in the clubs. I am lucky enough that I don''t have any wrinkles (I''m religious about my skin care) and I had lost all my baby weight, so we had a lot of fun when boys in their 20s would try to dance with us. I would just flash my ring & say, "Sorry, I''m married!" One of my girlfriends would always chime in "and she has a baby!" One guy kept saying that he couldn''t believe that I had a 7 month old baby, because I was in such great shape (tons of running leading up to that trip). I have to say, when you''re feeling all dumpy after having a baby, there''s nothing like hearing something like that for an ego boost! :)

That said, when I met my husband, I was in my 20s, he was in his 30s, and we went out to nightclubs all the time. We would both crack up at the "cougars", women who were in their 40s hitting on guys in their 20s, instead of guys their own age (my brother-in-law was a favorite cougar target ;-) I don''t have problems with women & men of any age getting out there, having fun & dancing, but it was funny because the bars we were in were catering to people in their 20s (I used to tease my husband that he was pushing it ;-) But there are tons of places that cater to people of every age and life stage - have fun!

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
I''m going to be 41 and live in NYC...if I get the chance to have a getaway with my friends..be damned sure I won''t shy away from going out dancing! I love dancing and miss it. Remember not all dance clubs are the same. You will find somewhere to go with other ppl your age

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
You should definitely go! You''re never too old to go dancing on a girls night.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
There is not an age limit on dancing and having fun... but sometimes the clothes people wear should be more updated to their age and or body style.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think there''s "too old" but if it''s not your cup of tea than there''s no need for you to go.

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/1/2009 11:40:14 AM
Author: KimberlyH
I don''t think there''s ''too old'' but if it''s not your cup of tea than there''s no need for you to go.
I think that''s more it than anything. I love all of my friends dearly but now they''re talking about what drinking games they''re going to play before hitting the clubs. I just feel like I''m so over that stage in my life and I don''t think that kind of stuff is fun anymore. I know, it''s a girls weekend and it''s only one night but it is just NOT appealing to me at all!!!

Sha

Ideal_Rock
I'm almost 33 - my friends and I went out on Friday night to celebrate a friend's birthday. We danced and had a lot of fun! The place we went to wasn't a club, though - but a beach bar where people of all ages hang out and dance. You see 20 something year olds, also 30, 40 and 50 something year olds - including a lot of professionals, destressing after a long day. So we don't feel out of place at all! Even it were a club though - we wouldn't feel strange, since people of all ages also frequent the clubs in my town. Everybody needs to have a little fun now and then - not just the 20-year olds!

I do notice that going out dancing is not as enjoyable to me as it was when I was younger, though. Sometimes the thought of getting all dressed up to go out is exhausting.... and I feel like I'd much rather curl up in bed with some chocolate, watching TLC. I definitely wouldn't want to be out dancing every weekend.... and staying out till the early hours of morning definitely isn't appealing to me anymore. It completely ruins your productivity the next day, because you're so tired.... But every once in a while is fine.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/1/2009 6:34:09 PM
Author: Sha
I''m almost 33 - my friends and I went out on Friday night to celebrate a friend''s birthday. We danced and had a lot of fun! The place we went to wasn''t a club, though - but a beach bar where people of all ages hang out and dance. You see 20 something year olds, also 30, 40 and 50 something year olds - including a lot of professionals, destressing after a long day. So we don''t feel out of place at all! Even it were a club though - we wouldn''t feel strange, since people of all ages also frequent the clubs in my town. Everybody needs to have a little fun now and then - not just the 20-year olds!

I do notice that going out dancing is not as enjoyable to me as it was when I was younger, though. Sometimes the thought of getting all dressed up to go out is exhausting.... and I feel like I''d much rather curl up in bed with some chocolate, watching TLC. I definitely wouldn''t want to be out dancing every weekend.... and staying out till the early hours of morning definitely isn''t appealing to me anymore. It completely ruins your productivity the next day, because you''re so tired.... But every once in a while is fine.
I so agree with this...

As far as how old is too old, for me, I''d feel out of place if everyone was a lot younger if it was a local club. But in Vegas, for a weekend of fun? Anything goes!

And, yes, I''m about 99.9% sure Deco was kidding...

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
I''m 26, but have never been much into clubs. I think that different areas have clubs (or club nights) geared towards certain crowds, so I don''t quite think you ever ''age'' out of going out or dancing. Think Sex in the City. It keeps you young and vibrant. Many of the guys I know are 31ish, and them being out is not a big deal at all. I think I would do significantly less clubbing if married, but girls night out is girls night out. No rules apply!
2.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2009 5:26:51 PM

Date: 3/1/2009 11:40:14 AM
Author: KimberlyH
I don''t think there''s ''too old'' but if it''s not your cup of tea than there''s no need for you to go.
I think that''s more it than anything. I love all of my friends dearly but now they''re talking about what drinking games they''re going to play before hitting the clubs. I just feel like I''m so over that stage in my life and I don''t think that kind of stuff is fun anymore. I know, it''s a girls weekend and it''s only one night but it is just NOT appealing to me at all!!!
LMH, clubbing in Vegas and drinking games are not my idea of fun (I hate Vegas) so I wouldn''t go. I will still go to a club on occasion when hanging out with my girlfriends, but my girlfriend that loves to dance is totally into country music, so we usually end up at some cowpoke bar/club where she can boot scoot her heart away while the rest of us sit around, have some drinks, chat, and every once in a while I''ll get on the floor with her and pretend I know what the hell I''m doing. I love to dance, but I, too, would feel out of place in certain clubs.

A few years back, before I was married, I went on a girls weekend with three others, we all met guys that weekend, unfortunately I was the only one that was single and available (two were married, one was in a longterm relationship, headed towards marriage). It was very awkward for me to watch what unfolded as I was close with two of the three men involved with these women and I never expected such behavior from any of them.

I still go on girls trips (actually I just go to my closest girlfriends'' city twice a year to spend time with all of them) and we go out for dinner and to bars (or the afore mentioned cowpoke clubs at times) but it''s never outside my comfort zone, and I would leave if it was.

All this rambling to say, if it doesn''t float your boat don''t do it. Arrange another time to do things with your friends that suits all of you.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I was looking at older threads and just HAD to respond to this lol

My mother''s best friend passed away about a year and a half ago. Well there was a concert at the nightclub I work at and invited my parents to go see it (in their early 60s) My mom suggested we invited her friend Joanne who was about 75. She had SEVEN whiskey on the rocks lol and was out there shaking her butt with my mom! It''s one of my favorite memories of them both :)

I say you are never too old to go out. Everyone deserves a night off. If you think people are judging you because of your age, well screw em! Life is too short :)

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I''m 27 and absolutely LOVE going out dancing, but mind you, I''ve been out dancing probably only about six or seven times in my whole life. I''m not a frequent club-goer, and neither is my fiance. In fact, he won''t dance at all! But the rare chance I get to go out with my girlfriends and dance my troubles away, I''m THERE-- COUNT ME IN!!! And I hope I''m never too old to do so. Just go to clubs that aren''t meant for 21 year old guys buying 18 year old girls drinks!

In Vegas, put on your sexiest outfit and have the time of youre life!! I hope to be dancing in Vegas at sixty!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG...never too old for dancing!!! I am 34 and I have a friend who goes out once or twice a month, and tries to gather as many gals as she can around her. It's fab when you are with a great group, who cares about age.

It's def not like when I was in my 20's and could go out til 2am and be at work the next day. But I love to dance, I can hang out on the dance floor for hours, I don't even need a partner.

We saw a gal at a bar/club a few weeks ago who was in her late 40's/early 50's cuttin' a rug on the dance floor with a guy half her age and he WASN'T her son. I say SHAKE IT!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 6:51:57 PM
Author: diamondrnglover
Your never to old for dancing
2.gif
ditto

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
If you have to ask . . .

2.gif
nah. I think dancing keeps you young, and if you wanna dance you should dance -- especially if that means disregarding what other people think of your age.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think you''re ever too old to have a good time. In my early 20s one of my friends had a roommate that was 80. Everyone else in the house was between 20 and 35 except for Harold ( who was 80). We used to take him to parties with us and he always had a great time. He did sometimes fall alseep though.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 12:41:57 AM
Author: innerkitten
I don''t think you''re ever too old to have a good time. In my early 20s one of my friends had a roommate that was 80. Everyone else in the house was between 20 and 35 except for Harold ( who was 80). We used to take him to parties with us and he always had a great time. He did sometimes fall alseep though.
I have a 92-year-old neighbor who isn''t shy about getting down on the dance floor. I even have a picture of her boogieing with my FI at a fellow neighbor''s house-party...it''s adorable.

What can I say? She''s a cool chick
10.gif
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results