clarity

How often do you vacuum?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
You girls realize this is not normal..:lol:

I don't like most housework - my least favorite chore is washing dirty pots and pans. However, I like vacuuming.
Eleventy billions times. That's a whole lotta vacuuming girl. You beat me. :lol:
That is a good workout!

Perfect arrangement!

Sounds like that works well for you. With our cat hair I just don't see it all. The floors look clean but then I vacuum and ewww. LOL.

Yeah the cordless is perfect for every day and like you my DH likes to bring out the heavy duty corded Dyson occasionally.

I wish we could just vacuum up Covid and be done with it. :/
Wouldn't that be a sweet picture.

I would love to be a no shoes home. We are part of the way there in that my DH and I remove our outside shoes/boots when we come inside but for the most part we don't make guests do the same. Workmen are asked to remove their shoes and we give them those disposable booties. Of course with Covid we aren't entertaining so no one is coming inside at all let alone wearing shoes and when we are post pandemic and we start having people over again I am going to make it a no shoes house. It is disgusting what we bring in from outside on our shoes. :knockout:

My DH said the same of my very expensive winter cycling jacket. And it did work. I got lots of mud splatter on it when we were cycling (wet and muddy-lovely lol) and he said leave it be (as we were cycling on that day) and when we got home he was right. It had dried up and fallen off and looked clean. However, I still washed it. LOL. But I digress. I am not a fan of rugs for that reason. What germs and allergens are lurking within them and how hard it is to truly get them clean. I also prefer the look of bare wood floors so it works for me. Though I miss my white shag area rugs that I am going to probably put back in the living room soon. They do make the room more grounded if you kwim.

Yeah if we had no furry babies I believe once a week would suffice for us too.

Having only tile and/or wood floors makes cleaning much easier though tile drives me nuts because I hate grout. LOL I have a thing with grout :lol:

Haha I have a routine of almost never too. As in bathroom cleaning. I leave that to Greg. That is one chore I don't care for at all.:razz: I am glad my DH doesn't mind cleaning all the bathrooms.

Haha that sounds like our cats too. Except for the clean thing. Our cats are pretty filthy. They seem to relish in rolling around in their food and litter. It's pretty gross. Somehow we got cats who behave like dogs when it comes to dirt but their personalities are all cat. Sigh. :wink2:

I have often wondered about dogs bringing in mud/dirt etc. I grew up with dogs but have no memory of that issue. Now I see dogs all the time and they are pretty dirty from the outside and I was wondering do the parents wash them before they come into the house? I so want a dog. You are so lucky you have a golden retriever. They are the best. :love:
Oh and I am right there with you. I LOVE white rugs against dark wood floors. So much. Here's a photo of our set up before I had to throw those away (RW) and while I got new replacement rugs exactly the same they are still packed away for now.

Screen Shot 2020-11-19 at 5.37.34 AM.png

Aww look at our sweet Fred in the photo. Miss him so freaking much it hurts. Francesca too. It's a cruel world that takes our furbabies at such a young age. :(

Missy this room is gorgeous! And I had no idea you would like to have a dog, since I think of you as such a cat person!! Yes, golden retrievers are incredibly special dogs. I would like to do therapy dog work with her in the future. It's what she was born to do (literally).

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe I should have said embrace the stick :lol:

Not less dirty :lol:

I don't like most housework - my least favorite chore is washing dirty pots and pans. However, I like vacuuming.

Missy this room is gorgeous! And I had no idea you would like to have a dog, since I think of you as such a cat person!! Yes, golden retrievers are incredibly special dogs. I would like to do therapy dog work with her in the future. It's what she was born to do (literally).

Thank you! And yes I am a dog (and now cat) person. I grew up with boxer dogs and then a gorgeous mixed breed stray we rescued or rather he found us. I love love love dogs. So much. And I only got cats when I moved to my first apartment after finishing graduate school. I was single and out often so I though ok let me get a cat. And the rest is history. One day I hope to expand our family and get a dog or two. ❤

It’s amazing you are planning on doing therapy work with your dog. I love that!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This thread has just turned too funny....the headache post @MamaBee :lol-2:

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Reopening this thread for another carpet question. How often do you get your carpets professionally steam cleaned?
We got the new carpets here last year around March 2020. We don’t wear shoes in our house and have four cats. In my old house I used to do them once a year but they were a light cream color. This house is a gray color and I don’t see anything dirt or stains.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We vacuum every weekend, but we do the rug in our family room - where we sit the most - every couple of days. We have 2, large, long-haired dogs - one of which I call a living, breathing shag-pile carpet (Cirrus); very beautiful, but the shedding is unreal. I cleaned out my freezer the other day. Under the bottom shelf, when I pulled it out, I found a whole bunch of long, fluffy dog hair. How on EARTH did it get in there??? That stuff just goes e-ver-y-where!

Consequently, we bought our own professional grade steam cleaner and do our most used carpets every couple of months, and all of them at least every 6 months. I cannot abide grubby carpets, and my dogs track dirt without us even knowing how it happened. We also do our sofas, tho not nearly as often.

As for sweeping...oh lordy! We could do that twice a day and it still wouldn't be enough! We've given up and sweep all our hard surfaces twice a week. But the kitchen and laundry get done every day or so.

Basically, I have no life.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't vacuum too much, but people tell me that I really suck. :(sad
Does that count?

Last edited:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve never had my carpets steam cleaned, but I get them professionally cleaned every year, the cleaning solution also contains scotchguardng.

I don’t have any carpets downstairs, but the stairs and bedrooms are all carpeted.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results