shape
carat
color
clarity

How often do you vacuum?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I quickly read some of the posts..I’ll go back and read later..Thanks for linking it! It looks like mine won’t hold a long charge. That’s okay because I usually split up the vacuuming by floors anyway. I hope it’s long enough to do one complete floor. I have three levels..so I’ll just have to see how it works out..It’s still better then lugging that old heavy vacuum.

Yes. The older Dysons can do at least 15 minutes IIRC. My newer Dyson can do the entire house on one charge but Greg uses the older one and I use the newer one as we vacuum upstairs and downstairs at the same time.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha I wish! I have made my wishes for a monthly cleaner known though known if he ever makes 6 figures. Until then I am the cleaner lmao. I usually wait til Saturday or Sunday to do my cleaning because he can take care of the toddler during cleaning time and while I take the rest of the day off.

Ok that sounds pretty sweet. I mean as long as you can have the rest of the day free to do as you please. You guys are a team ❤️

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes. The older Dysons can do at least 15 minutes IIRC. My newer Dyson can do the entire house on one charge but Greg uses the older one and I use the newer one as we vacuum upstairs and downstairs at the same time.

Wow! Fifteen minutes is so little! I’ll have to move faster!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Fifteen minutes is so little! I’ll have to move faster!

Hahaha you go girl! Maybe it’s 20 minutes when it’s new but as time goes on it holds it less long. IIRC with this model.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When we had Dottie, I was vacuuming most days, big hairy dog and mud!

Nowadays, with not going out, I’m doing it a couple of times a week. I am doing it a bit more ATM, because we’re decorating and that’s creating mess.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

inne

Shiny_Rock
Not enough. We used to have a cleaning service come once a week, but obviously not anymore. Our dog also apparently used to eat a lot of crumbs off the floor, which I never realized until we were without her and had to face our messiness.

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just wondering about this as I vacuumed this AM. We vacuum daily. I do upstairs and Greg does downstairs. We didn't always vacuum daily. Before RW last year we vacuumed about once a week though occasionally if I had the motivation and energy I vacuumed every other day.

After I realized just how much dust/cat hair etc there was in our vacuum cleaner when we were vacuuming daily we just kept it up. Between the 2 of us it takes us only about 30 minutes to vacuum the entire house. Not bad. And for us, with 4 cats, it is worth it.

calvinandhobbescleaning.jpg

I have a Roomba but stopped using it. Too much of a pain (for me) to clean (ironically haha) and also too noisy for me.
We vacuum faster and better and overall more efficiently.

roombiemeetstommy.jpg

How often do you vacuum?

We mostly have hardwood, which gets swiffered daily. Our rugs get vacuumed daily as well.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish I could say that I clean religiously but like @737lizakg , I tend to “live in filth.” I freaking hate cleaning! :knockout: I have two robot vacuums but I don’t run them as much as I should because I don’t like cleaning all the bound up hair out of them. They work great if I remember to use them daily but if I don’t, forget it....I’m better off grabbing the corded vacuum.

With 3 dogs and 3 cats, we have hair...like, a lot of hair. If I don’t vacuum fairly regularly, I end up with little hair tumbleweeds rolling their way across the floor.

334C5F30-4167-46A3-B32A-BAB6D877D8E4.gif

I actually just bought a Dyson absolute v10 cordless vacuum in the hopes that it will encourage me to vacuum more. It should be here tomorrow!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I try to vacuum daily, we have cats, dogs and birds so I really have to stay on top of it. Ordered the Dyson stick vac a couple months ago and man, wish we got one sooner. I actually enjoy vacuuming now.

winetime12

Shiny_Rock
We don't have pets or young kids so we do it maybe 2-3 times a week, sometimes just the kitchen because I'm a messy cook. We have wood/ceramic floors everywhere and central vac so it's not a difficult task.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I try to vacuum daily, we have cats, dogs and birds so I really have to stay on top of it. Ordered the Dyson stick vac a couple months ago and man, wish we got one sooner. I actually enjoy vacuuming now.

That’s how I feel! I am so glad I purchased it. I look forward to seeing all the hair and dust get sucked up in it!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Certain areas, like around the bird cage, get vacuumed almost daily.
The remote and rarely-approached distant corners and crevices of the house ... maybe monthly.
Everywhere else, something in between.

The refrigerator coils, monthly.

GoldenTouch

Shiny_Rock
Every week, but kitchen area & bathroom more as required.

I Vac the air conditioner filters every two weeks when it’s in use.

No animals inside.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Once in

3 years
We dont have carpet so i sweep
Its not a very big house but Borris makes cat fluff everywhere

I did buy a little dust buster that sits on the wall in the kitchen

Actually i should move the vacuum cleaner out of the hall cupboard because that's valuable space and it out to the laundry, it flops around and makes the door hard to close

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not enough. We used to have a cleaning service come once a week, but obviously not anymore. Our dog also apparently used to eat a lot of crumbs off the floor, which I never realized until we were without her and had to face our messiness.

Back in Wellington we had a friendly hoover hog whippet next door we used to invite in to hoover up the crumbs both Tinky and Gary left
Cat food is like forbidden fruit (for George Whippet, not Gary)

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Vacuuming the carpet is my most hated chore. Usually my husband or daughter volunteer to do it. :mrgreen:

I don't know what it is. The noise, maybe. The repetitive, one-sided motion, which is hard on the shoulder and back (I also hate raking.)
Maybe we just need to get a smaller vacuum cleaner. The upright one we have is big, and our space is tight.

We had a canister vac, growing up, and I hated using that one, too.

Someday we'll just remove the carpeting in the LR and hallway and then I can just sweep or mop.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Me too. I like vacuuming. It's relaxing. :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish I could say that I clean religiously but like @737lizakg , I tend to “live in filth.” I freaking hate cleaning! :knockout: I have two robot vacuums but I don’t run them as much as I should because I don’t like cleaning all the bound up hair out of them. They work great if I remember to use them daily but if I don’t, forget it....I’m better off grabbing the corded vacuum.

With 3 dogs and 3 cats, we have hair...like, a lot of hair. If I don’t vacuum fairly regularly, I end up with little hair tumbleweeds rolling their way across the floor.

334C5F30-4167-46A3-B32A-BAB6D877D8E4.gif

I actually just bought a Dyson absolute v10 cordless vacuum in the hopes that it will encourage me to vacuum more. It should be here tomorrow!

I hate cleaning the robots. It's a freakin pain in the neck and for me, vacuuming is so much easier. Of course Greg cleans the canister though so there's that lol.

@elle_71125, I hope you love your Dyson V10! Fingers crossed for you!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Vacuuming the carpet is my most hated chore. Usually my husband or daughter volunteer to do it. :mrgreen:

I don't know what it is. The noise, maybe. The repetitive, one-sided motion, which is hard on the shoulder and back (I also hate raking.)
Maybe we just need to get a smaller vacuum cleaner. The upright one we have is big, and our space is tight.

We had a canister vac, growing up, and I hated using that one, too.

Someday we'll just remove the carpeting in the LR and hallway and then I can just sweep or mop.

I think vacuuming carpet is harder and not fun either. And the lighter the vacuum the easier it is to vacuum IMO so I really love the light cordless vacuums and I don't put it on max power as that makes it harder to push around and vacuum. I find the Dyson is easy to use on the lighter setting and sucks up all the dirt at that setting too. Of course doing it daily probably makes it easier to vacuum too.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Certain areas, like around the bird cage, get vacuumed almost daily.
The remote and rarely-approached distant corners and crevices of the house ... maybe monthly.
Everywhere else, something in between.

The refrigerator coils, monthly.

Yes to the refrigerator coils. Our Subzero stopped working well when we first got it and it was because we weren't vacuuming the coils. Since then we vacuum them monthly as well.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s how I feel! I am so glad I purchased it. I look forward to seeing all the hair and dust get sucked up in it!

It is very satisfying seeing how much is in there at the end. :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We don't have pets or young kids so we do it maybe 2-3 times a week, sometimes just the kitchen because I'm a messy cook. We have wood/ceramic floors everywhere and central vac so it's not a difficult task.

That's nice. If we were building a new house I would look into a central vac for sure.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Every week, but kitchen area & bathroom more as required.

I Vac the air conditioner filters every two weeks when it’s in use.

No animals inside.

Smart to remember to do the AC filters.
Not having animals really helps keep the house clean doesn't it. ;-)I don't think I would vacuum daily if we didn't have furry babies.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We mostly have hardwood, which gets swiffered daily. Our rugs get vacuumed daily as well.

I wish I liked swiffering more. We bought those when we got RW and had to swiffer the walls and ceilings. LOL what a chore that was. :/

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results