shape
carat
color
clarity

How often do you vacuum?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just wondering about this as I vacuumed this AM. We vacuum daily. I do upstairs and Greg does downstairs. We didn't always vacuum daily. Before RW last year we vacuumed about once a week though occasionally if I had the motivation and energy I vacuumed every other day.

After I realized just how much dust/cat hair etc there was in our vacuum cleaner when we were vacuuming daily we just kept it up. Between the 2 of us it takes us only about 30 minutes to vacuum the entire house. Not bad. And for us, with 4 cats, it is worth it.

calvinandhobbescleaning.jpg

I have a Roomba but stopped using it. Too much of a pain (for me) to clean (ironically haha) and also too noisy for me.
We vacuum faster and better and overall more efficiently.

roombiemeetstommy.jpg

How often do you vacuum?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also vacuum about once a week with my big dyson. During the week I use my cordless (less powerful) dyson to pick up small stuff.
The small dyson picks up stuff off the top of the carpet and makes it look "clean" but I dont think it pulls dirt from down in the carpet like
the big dyson.

I definitely have to empty the big vacuum cleaner after one use. Amazing the amount of fur, hair, and other pieces it picks up!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vacuum maybe once every two weeks. Maybe.
I hate house work, and I try to do it as fast as possible to get it over with.
You see, my Mom made me and sister clean the house every Saturday when we were
teenagers, so I figured out how to get it done fast!

I hated it then, and I hate it now.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Once a week Robbie will vacuum the entire house. We both go around with the hand held dyson and pick up dog fluff as needed.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I vacuum every other day. I just don’t have the energy to do more because we have a cumbersome vacuum cleaner. I just bought a dyson absolute stick. Bailey sheds an unbelievable amount. My husband will also vacuum the house on weekends. It’s exhausting trying to keep up with Baileys hair. He’s blowing his coat so I‘m going to start doing the main areas every day. I can actually pull out tufts of hair that stick out of his coat. Ugh..
If we didn’t have a shedding dog I would do it once a week.

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Minimum 1x a week since I am 90 percent of the time the one who cleans the whole house by myself and I have a back issue. but if I am up to it 2 or 3x. We only have one cat but he is a black long hair cat so better to do it multiple times or his hair collects in his sitting spots on the floor. I have a stick vac which has made it a bit easier for me to be able to vaccum more. I kinda wish it were cordless but beggars can't be choosers!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I sweep rather than vacuum, aiming for every week but er, maybe more like every 2-4 weeks. Though if an area looks dirty, usually the kitchen after food prep, I sweep it right then. No pets and few people here so it stays pretty clean.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also vacuum about once a week with my big dyson. During the week I use my cordless (less powerful) dyson to pick up small stuff.
The small dyson picks up stuff off the top of the carpet and makes it look "clean" but I dont think it pulls dirt from down in the carpet like
the big dyson.

I definitely have to empty the big vacuum cleaner after one use. Amazing the amount of fur, hair, and other pieces it picks up!

We have no carpet but two area rugs that’s been put away since we bought new ones last year after throwing out the old ones for concern of RW contamination. So all bare floors for now. I love love love my cordless Dyson. Makes vacuuming a breeze.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I sweep rather than vacuum, aiming for every week but er, maybe more like every 2-4 weeks. Though if an area looks dirty, usually the kitchen after food prep, I sweep it right then. No pets and few people here so it stays pretty clean.

Yeah. Animals really up the dirty game lol.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Minimum 1x a week since I am 90 percent of the time the one who cleans the whole house by myself and I have a back issue. but if I am up to it 2 or 3x. We only have one cat but he is a black long hair cat so better to do it multiple times or his hair collects in his sitting spots on the floor. I have a stick vac which has made it a bit easier for me to be able to vaccum more. I kinda wish it were cordless but beggars can't be choosers!

Aww I wish others in your household would help you clean. Time to hire a professional perhaps?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vacuum every other day. I just don’t have the energy to do more because we have a cumbersome vacuum cleaner. I just bought a dyson absolute stick. Bailey sheds an unbelievable amount. My husband will also vacuum the house on weekends. It’s exhausting trying to keep up with Baileys hair. He’s blowing his coat so I‘m going to start doing the main areas every day. I can actually pull out tufts of hair that stick out of his coat. Ugh..
If we didn’t have a shedding dog I would do it once a week.

Joanne, why not get a cordless vacuum? They’re pretty great.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
@missy, what is "RW?" Google says right wing, real world, rolling walker, or runway but they do not seem to fit!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vacuum maybe once every two weeks. Maybe.
I hate house work, and I try to do it as fast as possible to get it over with.
You see, my Mom made me and sister clean the house every Saturday when we were
teenagers, so I figured out how to get it done fast!

I hated it then, and I hate it now.

Haha same. I’m nothing if not efficient and effective. I couldn’t go slow if I tried. :cheeky:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Twice a week with a big Dyson, sometimes more. With 2 kids, 2 cats & an untidy man-child, plus living in the back of beyond surrounded by muddy fields, it can get a bit grubby if I don't keep everywhere hoovered & steam mopped.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My golden retriever sheds like no dog I’ve ever seen. Some days I have to run the roomba twice

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Twice a week with a big Dyson, sometimes more. With 2 kids, 2 cats & an untidy man-child, plus living in the back of beyond surrounded by muddy fields, it can get a bit grubby if I don't keep everywhere hoovered & steam mopped.

Lol unruly man child :lol:
Love it.:cheeky:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

737liz

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I recently bought a dyson stick. Used it 2x a day for a week or 2. It was so fun! But now I am back to my usual routine of never. Never vacuum unless I have spilled something. We have a cleaner who comes. In the interim between her visits, we live in filth. The exception is I sweep the stairs. That eliminates enough of the cat hair to make it bearable.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I recently bought a dyson stick. Used it 2x a day for a week or 2. It was so fun! But now I am back to my usual routine of never. Never vacuum unless I have spilled something. We have a cleaner who comes. In the interim between her visits, we live in filth. The exception is I sweep the stairs. That eliminates enough of the cat hair to make it bearable.

:lol:
I think I love you ❤️
“We live in filth”. Got me. XOXO :kiss:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

@737lizakg This made me laugh out loud! Thanks!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My golden retriever sheds like no dog I’ve ever seen. Some days I have to run the roomba twice

@House Cat Bailey sheds a crazy amount. I had a golden retriever before him. I thought he shed a lot of hair. I was sitting outside and just rubbing along Bailey’s fur. This is what happened.... Brushing doesn’t remove his hair. It doesn’t come out in the brush. We have to rough up his fur and then smooth it out.
86700651-CD66-4A19-BC41-DF1815610441.jpeg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vacuum downstairs daily when I’m off. Sometimes two or tree times around the kitchen area in a day. If I’m working I ask my husband to do it but it doesn’t always get done.
I just purchased a second Dyson cordless V11 for upstairs. They had a sale at QVC! Prior to purchasing it I only vacuumed once a week but now I do it at least three times a week.
The areas where the cat litter boxes are get vacuumed every day.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you suggest one @missy?

I love all the Dyson cordless vacuums. I have many different models. They’re all (IMO) great. Just depends on your price range. I’d recommend any of them. Check out Costco and the reviews. They often have sales too.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@House Cat Bailey sheds a crazy amount. I had a golden retriever before him. I thought he shed a lot of hair. I was sitting outside and just rubbing along Bailey’s fur. This is what happened.... Brushing doesn’t remove his hair. It doesn’t come out in the brush. We have to rough up his fur and then smooth it out.
86700651-CD66-4A19-BC41-DF1815610441.jpeg
LOL! I feel your pain. I have that equivalent strewn all over my hardwood floors on a daily basis.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love all the Dyson cordless vacuums. I have many different models. They’re all (IMO) great. Just depends on your price range. I’d recommend any of them. Check out Costco and the reviews. They often have sales too.

Haha! The one in the box that has been sitting in my dining room forever is cordless!
CAC62053-957A-41F3-8AC2-4AD6DA9FB73F.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha! The one in the box that has been sitting in my dining room forever is cordless!
CAC62053-957A-41F3-8AC2-4AD6DA9FB73F.jpeg

That's a good one!

FYI:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's a good one!

FYI:

I quickly read some of the posts..I’ll go back and read later..Thanks for linking it! It looks like mine won’t hold a long charge. That’s okay because I usually split up the vacuuming by floors anyway. I hope it’s long enough to do one complete floor. I have three levels..so I’ll just have to see how it works out..It’s still better then lugging that old heavy vacuum.

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Aww I wish others in your household would help you clean. Time to hire a professional perhaps?

Ha I wish! I have made my wishes for a monthly cleaner known though known if he ever makes 6 figures. Until then I am the cleaner lmao. I usually wait til Saturday or Sunday to do my cleaning because he can take care of the toddler during cleaning time and while I take the rest of the day off.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results