carat
color
clarity

How often do you vacuum?

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Smart to remember to do the AC filters.
Not having animals really helps keep the house clean doesn't it. ;-)I don't think I would vacuum daily if we didn't have furry babies.

I thought the same thing. No pets, no mess but I’d rather have my pets for sure. It’s not really mess but their hair and cat litter. My kids are older now so I can no longer blame them.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Like others, mostly once a week except for the family rooms where the dogs are which is daily.

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Not often enough. I hate to vacuum. The thing I like most about cordless vacuums is they run out of charge about the same time as I run out of interest.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Like others, mostly once a week except for the family rooms where the dogs are which is daily.

Doing it where you need to makes sense for sure. I don't see the cat hair but it's all over so daily vacuuming it is for us.

Not often enough. I hate to vacuum. The thing I like most about cordless vacuums is they run out of charge about the same time as I run out of interest.

Haha then do not get one of the new Dyson cordless vacuums. Their charges last a long time. :saint:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought the same thing. No pets, no mess but I’d rather have my pets for sure. It’s not really mess but their hair and cat litter. My kids are older now so I can no longer blame them.

Same. 100% the same. I wouldn't trade my home for a clean spotless home with no furry babies. No way.
No matter all the extra work and pain and heartache when it comes right down to it they are the heart and soul of what makes our house a home. I miss my sweet girl Francesca and sweet boy Fred so much. :(
I couldn't imagine our house without furry babies.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have hardwood and porcelain tile floors. I vacuum every two to three days and then use a damp swifter to keep them clean. If I see dog hair or debris I will do it more often.

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
Another fan of dysons here :wavey:

I vacuum every day with the dyson, and under the table after every meal (no pets but young kids). We have a larger vacuum which I also really like, but it only comes out a few times a month.

mom2dolls

Shiny_Rock
My girls vacuum twice a week as part of their chores. Now that we bought a Dyson, they no longer complain hahaha! I vacuum and mop on Sundays every week.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I recently bought a dyson stick. Used it 2x a day for a week or 2. It was so fun! But now I am back to my usual routine of never. Never vacuum unless I have spilled something. We have a cleaner who comes. In the interim between her visits, we live in filth. The exception is I sweep the stairs. That eliminates enough of the cat hair to make it bearable.

super LOLS sounds like my routine of almost never.

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
Usually not often enough! =)2
About once a week, when the cat hair turns to tumbleweeds in the hall.
Now that we are in a Covid red zone, I may just vacuum less often...

elizat

Ideal_Rock
We have tile throughout. I sweep and/or mop daily, sometimes twice per day.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Once a week but I currently don't have dogs, previously maybe twice a week?

GoldenTouch

Shiny_Rock
Smart to remember to do the AC filters.
Not having animals really helps keep the house clean doesn't it. ;-)I don't think I would vacuum daily if we didn't have furry babies.
I did Vac & wash my floors daily when I was a stay at home mum. We had a dog then (was very well trained & didn’t wander where she liked). Children spend so much of the time in the floor when little.
We also didn’t wear shoes in the home.

CoffeeAndDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Premium
We made the very smart decision to buy handmade Moroccan rugs during our travels. When we bought it, they told us not to vacuum it but instead flip it over so the dirt falls out. Doesn't work that well in practice. Well, that plus two dogs who believe the vacuum is their arch nemesis (maybe they are the protectors of the rugs???) means we have actually never vacuumed in our current place. We sweep every week or so, including the rugs!

Never buying a rug that can't be vacuumed ever again, no matter how lovely!

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
I vacuum the high traffic areas every day. @missy , I am like you - I enjoy vacuuming too. I love having clean floors. I have a golden retriever, so blonde fur piles up in the corners and I like to vacuum it up every day. Right now, though, my battle is with mud. I have a muddy backyard and it comes into the house on her paws. I use a paw cleaner cup and that works pretty well. If I had known that muddy paws were in my future I would not have bought quite so many cream colored rugs. But I do love the look of light rugs on hardwood floors....

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a 7 year old, a 4 year old, a cat and a dog. Oh, and a husband! So I vacuum about eleventy billions times a day :knockout:

Eleventy billions times. That's a whole lotta vacuuming girl. You beat me. :lol:
That is a good workout!

My girls vacuum twice a week as part of their chores. Now that we bought a Dyson, they no longer complain hahaha! I vacuum and mop on Sundays every week.

Perfect arrangement!

We have hardwood and porcelain tile floors. I vacuum every two to three days and then use a damp swifter to keep them clean. If I see dog hair or debris I will do it more often.

Sounds like that works well for you. With our cat hair I just don't see it all. The floors look clean but then I vacuum and ewww. LOL.

Another fan of dysons here :wavey:

I vacuum every day with the dyson, and under the table after every meal (no pets but young kids). We have a larger vacuum which I also really like, but it only comes out a few times a month.

Yeah the cordless is perfect for every day and like you my DH likes to bring out the heavy duty corded Dyson occasionally.

Usually not often enough! =)2
About once a week, when the cat hair turns to tumbleweeds in the hall.
Now that we are in a Covid red zone, I may just vacuum less often...

I wish we could just vacuum up Covid and be done with it. :/
Wouldn't that be a sweet picture.

I did Vac & wash my floors daily when I was a stay at home mum. We had a dog then (was very well trained & didn’t wander where she liked). Children spend so much of the time in the floor when little.
We also didn’t wear shoes in the home.

I would love to be a no shoes home. We are part of the way there in that my DH and I remove our outside shoes/boots when we come inside but for the most part we don't make guests do the same. Workmen are asked to remove their shoes and we give them those disposable booties. Of course with Covid we aren't entertaining so no one is coming inside at all let alone wearing shoes and when we are post pandemic and we start having people over again I am going to make it a no shoes house. It is disgusting what we bring in from outside on our shoes. :knockout:

We made the very smart decision to buy handmade Moroccan rugs during our travels. When we bought it, they told us not to vacuum it but instead flip it over so the dirt falls out. Doesn't work that well in practice. Well, that plus two dogs who believe the vacuum is their arch nemesis (maybe they are the protectors of the rugs???) means we have actually never vacuumed in our current place. We sweep every week or so, including the rugs!

Never buying a rug that can't be vacuumed ever again, no matter how lovely!

My DH said the same of my very expensive winter cycling jacket. And it did work. I got lots of mud splatter on it when we were cycling (wet and muddy-lovely lol) and he said leave it be (as we were cycling on that day) and when we got home he was right. It had dried up and fallen off and looked clean. However, I still washed it. LOL. But I digress. I am not a fan of rugs for that reason. What germs and allergens are lurking within them and how hard it is to truly get them clean. I also prefer the look of bare wood floors so it works for me. Though I miss my white shag area rugs that I am going to probably put back in the living room soon. They do make the room more grounded if you kwim.

Once a week but I currently don't have dogs, previously maybe twice a week?

Yeah if we had no furry babies I believe once a week would suffice for us too.

We have tile throughout. I sweep and/or mop daily, sometimes twice per day.

Having only tile and/or wood floors makes cleaning much easier though tile drives me nuts because I hate grout. LOL I have a thing with grout :lol:

super LOLS sounds like my routine of almost never.

Haha I have a routine of almost never too. As in bathroom cleaning. I leave that to Greg. That is one chore I don't care for at all.:razz: I am glad my DH doesn't mind cleaning all the bathrooms.

Tinky despised the vacine cleaner
but if the floor wasn't clean he would not sit down to eat

Haha that sounds like our cats too. Except for the clean thing. Our cats are pretty filthy. They seem to relish in rolling around in their food and litter. It's pretty gross. Somehow we got cats who behave like dogs when it comes to dirt but their personalities are all cat. Sigh. :wink2:

I vacuum the high traffic areas every day. @missy , I am like you - I enjoy vacuuming too. I love having clean floors. I have a golden retriever, so blonde fur piles up in the corners and I like to vacuum it up every day. Right now, though, my battle is with mud. I have a muddy backyard and it comes into the house on her paws. I use a paw cleaner cup and that works pretty well. If I had known that muddy paws were in my future I would not have bought quite so many cream colored rugs. But I do love the look of light rugs on hardwood floors....

I have often wondered about dogs bringing in mud/dirt etc. I grew up with dogs but have no memory of that issue. Now I see dogs all the time and they are pretty dirty from the outside and I was wondering do the parents wash them before they come into the house? I so want a dog. You are so lucky you have a golden retriever. They are the best. :love:
Oh and I am right there with you. I LOVE white rugs against dark wood floors. So much. Here's a photo of our set up before I had to throw those away (RW) and while I got new replacement rugs exactly the same they are still packed away for now.

Screen Shot 2020-11-19 at 5.37.34 AM.png

Aww look at our sweet Fred in the photo. Miss him so freaking much it hurts. Francesca too. It's a cruel world that takes our furbabies at such a young age. :(

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
We vacuum every day. Because of going out to do the horses, we tend to bring bits of hay & straw indoors that has got stuck to our socks!

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Now that we are stuck home, I vacuum several times a week. Pre-covid an average of once a week. I just feel like being home all the time, stuff gets more dirty. Plus I am a stress-cleaner lol.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now that we are stuck home, I vacuum several times a week. Pre-covid an average of once a week. I just feel like being home all the time, stuff gets more dirty. Plus I am a stress-cleaner lol.

It’s a wonder how a clean uncluttered home is wonderful for our mental health. Well, at least for me and it seems for you and others too. ❤️

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
It’s a wonder how a clean uncluttered home is wonderful for our mental health. Well, at least for me and it seems for you and others too. ❤

Absolutely! Totally agree with you. I love a clean clutter free home. Always have. Clutter and a messy home stresses me out. I think especially in stressful times, our home environment is something we can control.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Depends. Usually every other day. When she's shedding its every day because she sheds a whole dog...lol

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Once a week. With full time work (more than 8 hours per day) and other responsibilities, I’m not doing it more often!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A lot more now! Though, I am unusually attached to my Dyson. We bought it before my son was born, and I take very good care of it, empty it every time, and buy replacement filters an a regular basis. It's a wonderful machine.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee, trust me when I tell you that you should open up that box and give the stick vac a whirl.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results