shape
carat
color
clarity

How Much Pre-Engagement Wedding Planning?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a better picture of the statice...

statice1.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
AmberWaves,

If you want a ladybug cake, you should have a ladybug cake! I''ve seen plenty of people with beach themes having plain wedding cakes with minimal decoration, and it looks fine!

What about something like this? Isn''t it great?
http://www.sweet-tooth-cakes.com/LadyBugView.htm

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Here''s an ocean invite

seacard.jpg

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
EBree, that cake is ADORABLE

E B

Ideal_Rock
Amber, I really like that invitation style!

I''m in Atwater Village, next to Los Feliz (close to Silverlake, 10 minutes from Burbank and Pasadena). I''d love to get together and shop!
9.gif
I''ll probably need to have the ring though, as my boyfriend would think I was insane. I''m hoping he''ll propose in the next month or so!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Look at this cake topper, I just love it.

Also, this site www.wedowed.com is pretty cool

topper.jpg

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
That''s the funny thing, my boyfriend is okay with me "shopping" before he has the ring on my finger- just as long as he''s not the one going with me!!

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I love that ladybug cake!!! It''s so classic and sophisticated but then the little elegant red dots are little bursts of cuteness! It makes me giggle.
9.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
THIS should be my cake topper

gotcha1.jpg

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
hehehe that''s awesome!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
I''ll get him somehow.

caligal

Shiny_Rock
Amber and Ebree- YAY I''d love to shop in LA!! Gals, mine has no ideas I have all these plans, we just talk about what we''d want. He does know I''ve been saving about $200 a month for months now to pay for the wedding. Amber- I''d love the Queen Mary- it will be a gorgeous reception if that''s where you go! I also love the Ipod DJ idea. Someone on PS talked about how they asked their guests to RSVP with a favorite song so it was included in the reception- I like that idea. Of course we have the right to veto if it is something awful!
38.gif

caligal

Shiny_Rock
Angel7- I just went to a fabulous wedding in downtown Chicago over labor day weekend! It was in the restuarant, Cite on the 72nd floor of the Lake Tower. I highly recommend!

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Caligirl-I''ll have to research that. I would love to have it at the top of a high rise with the awesome view of the city in the background but that is some $$$$$$!!!!
Ebree-Love the cake on the first page!

So fondant tastes bad huh? I''ve never had it. I love the way they look but if it takes like crap forget about it!!!
I need some good chocolate cake!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Caligal, I am SO down for shopping. I STILL want to go to the Diamond District! I love that idea of the people RSVPing their songs!! I think that would be awesome. I just figured out how to make me ipod work, maybe that''s a good idea... hm.. I would rather have a DJ, instead of a band. That way I can get the exact songs I want. You know what song I love? Time after Time by Cyndi Lauper. I have three different versions on my iPod, only one is hers.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, fondant is like, sugary paste.

caligal

Shiny_Rock
Angel7- She limited guests to only about 50 of us so that helped. Yep- she spent a lot more money than I would I am guessing! But since she did have reception and wedding there it helped I imagine. And you could do a Sunday, or Saturday brunch (cut food costs)- only have wine and beer, etc...

Amber- YAY the diamond district- that sounds fun! They also have a flower district where I''ll be getting more flowers since I''ll be buying all the roses in bulk from costco- check out the link!
http://www.costco.com/Browse/Productgroup.aspx?ec=BC-EC3125-Cat21124&pos=2&whse=BC&topnav=&prodid=11044314

Pretty good that I can get 250 roses for $280 bucks! I also have a discount card at our local floral supply store since I have a Mary Kay business so I can get the supplies to great bouquets, centerpieces, and bouts at a wholesale price. YAY!

Oh and I LOVE Time after Time! Since my honey is so great with tech. including websites- he''ll be creating a wedding website where folks can RSVP and see the songs already listed. I''ll be making it clear on the website that there will be no Marilyn Manson, chicken dance, YMCA, or other crap we don''t like! I really want our first song to be either "Just You and Me" by Chicago or "Heaven" by Bryan Adams.

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
I start soooooooooo far in advance that I had already started a thread in the bride and groom forum for cutting expenses for a wedding haha

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I'm starting to wonder how hard it'll be to plan my wedding and especially find my dress! There seems to be so few bridal shop in the Montreal area, and there's NO David's bridal in Canada! *wail*

LMAO at the cake topper! We should all get this one!!!
2.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of putting together my own flowers

I''m just confused about where to put them. I want to go to the Diamond District so bad, and the BF was going to shop there, but now his friend told him about where he goes, and because the guy spends so much money there (lucky wife) the guy totally gives him discounts. It was literally, "Just tell him Frankie sent you". So funny. Our first dance is to Allison Krauss'' "Now that I found you" I''m the techie out of my BF and I, so it''ll probably be me with the website. I DO love that idea of RSVPing the songs!!!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Anchor, have no fear, we''ll help you find things. First of all, I''m sure there are magazines designated for certain areas. I know I have the So. Cal edition. As for other shops, there have got to be at least SOME close by. And some have got to be like David''s bridal!

caligal

Shiny_Rock
Anchor have you tried the knot? I know they have a Toronto link- is that super far away? Sorry, never been to Canada, and my geography is quite weak!
23.gif

Amber- that is great you have a store with a personal discount! I don''t think there is anything wrong with trying on rings to get an idea what you like! Some do it with their fellas- I think I''ll start doing it closer to the deadline for me.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Okay, this is totally stupid, but why am I a rough rock, and some are cut rocks? Also, I can''t wait for the day to come when I can plan my wedding guilt free. And when the time comes, the BF will be very happy I did all this work beforehand!

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, I have no idea what those mean...but that made me go check myself! I''m now a cut rock! Woohoo I feel proud even though I don''t have any idea what it means!!!
10.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Well, it can''t be the number of posts, because Caligal and I have about the same amount! I want to be an Ideal Rock. :) Always wantin'' more.
20.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
I thought it was the number of posts. I''m pretty sure that''s what it is. Maybe how long you''ve been on PS?

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Angel, maybe you''re right. Anyway, I wanted to leave my AIM screen name on here in case anyone wants it: Ambr1179 also, if you feel like emailing me, just let me know and I''ll give you my address. I''m obsessive about checking it.
35.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Amber and caligal - Thanks! I''m such a worrywort... And yes, Toronto is super far away from Montréal, about 7-8 hours drive, I think. Montréal is in QC, Toronto is is ONT.
2.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
ANCHOR- I''ve been to Vancouver! Also, the only thing I know about Canada is Degrassi

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Vancouver! That''s on the other side of the country!! Erm... Degrassi? Should I be feeling stupid right now?
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results