shape
carat
color
clarity

How Much Pre-Engagement Wedding Planning?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, I went ring "looking" and tried a bunch on with my boyfriend, so he definitely knew what I like, but he actually chose it all himself (hehehehe that was so exciting - I wrote "is going to choose" but then remembered he already BOUGHT it!
9.gif
) So I get to rest easy knowing it''s something I''ll love but he got to decide which of the styles I liked to go with, and choose the actual one. The perfect compromise for me!
1.gif

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
I always take too long replying and then there are 5 new posts before I actually hit submit! AAAH!

EBree - oooh that''s pretty! I totally was dead set on a strapless before I saw that Lazaro one. I''m sad though b/c there are a ton of different cheap strapless varieties that I would have been perfectly happy with but now I want this one which I''ve never seen anything else quite like.
7.gif

Amber - hehe oops! Oh well, sounded similar to me.
20.gif
Can you post pictures for us anyway?
1.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Actually, albicocca, that dress is lovely, but it's not what I have in mind. Here are dresses I like, although they all have something I'd change... I'll find THE one somewhere...

Dress #1 (Jasmine 767):
Jasmine767.jpg

I'm not sure the dropped waistline would look good on me. I'm 5"1' and rather straight waisted. Also, the train is chapel. But the necline, the A-line and the beading are perfect.

Dress #2 (Casablanca 1713):
Casablanca1713.jpg

Again, I'm not sure about the waistline and the train is chapel, but the rest is perfect.

Dress #3 (Casablanca 1803):
Casablanca1803.jpg

The waistline is the problem yet again. I like the detachable train; I could have chapel for the ceremony and sweep for the reception.

Dress #4 (Bellissima Gabriella):
BellissimaGabriella.jpg

Again, problematic waitline and train. The beading is wonderful!

Dress #5 (David's Bridal CQ105):
DavidsCQ105.jpg

I absolutely ADORE this one. It's absolutely perfect, with buttons that go down the back. Except it's a chapel train. Maybe a chapel train wouldn't be so bad after all.

Amberwaves said: It's not blackmail, honey. It's called wanting to cement your love. Nothing wrong with that.

Thanks. That's exactly what I believe. It's great to know that some people can understand what I'm going through and what I believe in. And my boyfriend respects my values and beliefs, and that's the most important thing. I don't know why my friends are so... negative about this.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
EBree, how long is it? Also, it''s beautiful. What about bouquets? Veil? Tiara? I''m going Roses, mini calla, and freesia (fave flower). With some sweet pea added in memory of my grandma..

Albi- I can only hope he knows me as well as he thinks he does.. I''ve said, no yellow gold (skin tone is too yellow already), and no marquise cut. RB preferred, and he also thinks that anything smaller than 1 carat isn''t good! Gotta love him for that. I think he''s getting me a solitaire, but which setting, I don''t know!! I wish I could see it.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
There are the friends who would be supportive of you, and then there are the ones who are either jealous, or don''t want to lose the single friend. I admit, years ago I was one of those. And because of it, I lost my best friend, who is now married with a baby who I''ll never see. I''ve learned my lesson. I''ll see if I can find my dress online. How do I post it?

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Whoops, I totally said "Amber" when I meant "Anchor" before! Sorry!!

Anchor - you''re right, those are quite different, but I love them all! I just think I need to go less formal than that...it''s going to be really small and my family are very non-fancy people.... And I''m so sorry your friends are being so negative!! My friends don''t have any idea what I''m going through, but at least they try to be nice about it! But yeah, I totally hate the "blackmail" analogy everyone likes to throw out there...it''s just really unfair because the whole problem with being an LIW is that the guy is the one with all the power, just by default, so you can''t blame us for trying to have SOME little teeny semblance of control over the MOST IMPORTANT THING IN OUR LIVES!!! I think it''s the power imbalance that bugs me the most...even though, well, I dooo want it to be a surprise so I guess I can''t complain toooo much.
1.gif

And don''t worry Amber, I''m sure it will be gorgeous!!! Have faith!!! Has he bought you any other jewelry before that might give you a clue what his tastes are like?

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
To post a picture you have to save it as a jpeg onto your computer (right click on the image and select "Save Image As" then name it something unique (eg "dress" won''t work b/c it''s been used on PS before) then click the Attach File button in PS when you''re posting, find the image, and click upload!

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Albicocca - I tried it on a few times but then I noticed tiny little beads on the floor after I was done so I decided to take it to my parents house and store it away in my Dad''s closet. That way I''m not tempted.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Amberwaves: Yeah, I know what you mean. It makes me sad, though. Now I just don't talk about it and come here to rant instead. Those who just tell me to stop thinking about it will probably be happy for me when he proposes, the others will probably be saying things like my boyfriend's whipped or something. They should be counting on an invitation after that...
7.gif

To post pictures, click on the picture icon on the top right-hand side of the screen. Put the URL and the name in the appropriate blanks.

Albicocca said: you can't blame us for trying to have SOME little teeny semblance of control over the MOST IMPORTANT THING IN OUR LIVES!!!

EXACTLY!!! Woah, you ladies make me feel so much better about myself!!! My friends who are being negative just don't understand what I'm going through. They don't seem to respect my views either. I don't talk to them much anyway and it's probably going to stay that way.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
style="WIDTH: 94.59%; HEIGHT: 42px">Author: albicocca

And don''t worry Amber, I''m sure it will be gorgeous!!! Have faith!!! Has he bought you any other jewelry before that might give you a clue what his tastes are like?

He bought me a beautiful Bulova watch for our 1yr anniversary and my birthday (4 days apart) last year, and great earrings. I trust him. Even though I''d love him to get the move on. You know what happened? His mom told him he could take her stone from her E-ring (HUGE). And I would love to be like, TAKE IT, but it was the last thing his dad gave her before he passed on, and I couldn''t let her do that. I want my ring, but not that badly. :)

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Hehehe good idea Starset! I wouldn't trust myself either.
4.gif

Amber - I love that one! My friend was planning to get it but backed out at the very last second for this one

Which color sash would you get?

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
One good thing about engagements and long relationships, you really find out who's there for you. I was going to ask a friend of mine a favor (nothing big) and she said, I don't care what you say, I'm not going to be in your wedding! All meanly. At that point I was like, 1) you're not going to be, and 2) it's not what I wanted to ask you, cool it. We're not friends anymore.
face5.gif

I think I'd get a sage green sash. I just worry about strapless gowns. Things fall off of me. I like the look of halters, too.

E B

Ideal_Rock
AmberWaves,

It's a full length dress. I also don't think it has a train, which I like. I don't need a train.

ETA: I'm thinking white flowers for my bouquet (white roses, perhaps) and I won't be wearing a veil. Probably some gorgeous crystal hairclips or pins instead.

ETA2: AmberWaves, your dress is beautiful! What does the front look like? I've toyed with the idea of a sash, too. Anchor- the fifth dress (your favorite) is beautiful too! If the train is the only thing you're worried about, I'm sure you can have something done to alter it.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/3/2005 5:44:47 PM
Author: EBree
AmberWaves,

It''s a full length dress. I also don''t think it has a train, which I like. I don''t need a train.

ETA: I''m thinking white flowers for my bouquet (white roses, perhaps) and I won''t be wearing a veil. Probably some gorgeous crystal hairclips or pins instead.
I can only imagine the veil in sand. Good idea, EBree. That''s going to be so pretty. For white flowers, what about callas? I know they''re common, but it''s for a reason! I saw a bouquet that had little shells tied around the bouquet! So pretty.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/3/2005 5:43:19 PM
Author: AmberWaves
One good thing about engagements and long relationships, you really find out who's there for you. I was going to ask a friend of mine a favor (nothing big) and she said, I don't care what you say, I'm not going to be in your wedding! All meanly. At that point I was like, 1) you're not going to be, and 2) it's not what I wanted to ask you, cool it. We're not friends anymore.
face5.gif

I think I'd get a sage green sash. I just worry about strapless gowns. Things fall off of me. I like the look of halters, too.
That's true. The ones who haven't been nice to me when I told them about my feelings certainly won't get invitations. My bridesmaids are going to be my twin sister and my bestfriend. My bestfriend already said yes
2.gif
, and I'm sure my sister won't mind wearing a dress for one day
9.gif
. I know she loves me and will be happy for me. She doesn't understand how I feel because she doesn't plan on getting married ever, but at least she has the "just wait and see" attitude, not the "you're blackmailing him" one.

ETA1: For my flowers, I want daisies! They're my favorite, and just like me... So smiley and friendly and simple...

ETA2: Ebree said: If the train is the only thing you're worried about, I'm sure you can have something done to alter it.

Good idea. I hadn't thought of that.

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my gosh I love that everyone else does this! I''m like, I"m not engaged, why the heck do I save stuff to my computer that I want to have at my wedding! Hee hee this is so much fun! Ebree-that cake is awesome. Ok, let me post some things I like. God knows if I still will by the time I get married!

I saw this garder here on PS. My bf(fiance someday I hope/assume) is a HUGE sox fan and I''m a Cubs fan. Imagine his suprise and disgust to find this under my dress!!
31.gif
I haven''t done any dress searches yet. Hmm should do that for fun online!

garder.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
Has anyone ever heard of Jenny Lee, the designer? I absolutely adore her wedding gowns. She and Reem Acra are my favorite designers, and unfortunately, extremely expensive.

AmberWaves: Seashells glued to the bouquet would be so cute! I'll have to look out for a picture to use as my inspiration.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
I love this bouquet

whitetied.jpg

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Amber - WOW! I LOVE the bouquet!!! Daisies and roses, and the buttery yellow colour would fit my colour scheme! Do you have a link??

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
AmberWaves-That bouquet is BEAUTIFUL
Ebree-Beautiful dresses! I agree with Reem Acra. Beautiful!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
How do you register on the Knot? Doesn''t it ask for an address and a wedding date and such?

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
I love this yellow one for the flowers (just not yellow, maybe green and pink)

yellowlove.jpg

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE this tie, and ya know, the flowers are great, but with tighter closed roses. I don''t know about the knot, I just go to brides.com or something like that.
30.gif

pinklove.jpg

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
EBree: Hm... I don''t know what the front looks like!!! WTHeck?

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i''ve waited in the sidelines and have finally decided to post a pic. ok. so here''s my inspiration dress. i blurred the face b/c it''s from a pic in the local paper. here''s the discription:

the bride wore an Amsale gown of Duchess silk that featured a strapless bodice and silver metallic embroidery at the dropped waist. The full box pleat skirt ended in a chapel length sweep train.

brideanon.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
I edited my last post since I wasn''t sure if those not registered on the knot could see the link. Here''s one of the dresses I was talking about, designed by Jenny Lee. It''s the only one with lace I''ve found that I really love! Sorry for it''s hugeness!

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

knjelef050512l.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results