shape
carat
color
clarity

How much larger will a diamond appear w/ a bezel?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone have before and after pics to share?
Thanks
P.S. How small do you think a person could go with a pendant and still have it really stand out.
My e-ring is on the small side and on my finger thats fine but I wonder if a smaller stone would get lost on my neck. I don''t have much pendant experience. I''m fact I don''t own any!

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
KtIce has a .38-ish round bezel set pendant, and it''s quite noticeable.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hehehe - timely question! I''ve been thinking about this all day. I just set a little teeny diamond that I had sitting around (.25 pts. or so): with the bezel, it measures 5.6 mm. So, it went from being approximately 4 mm. unset to almost 6 mm. (equivalent to .65 of a carat). Does it look like a .65 stone in the setting? Heck, no! But it definitely has more ... presence ... now than it did before. The pendant hangs right at the hollow of my throat, and while I wouldn''t say it''s imposing, or anything like that, it''s a pretty, subtly noticeable sparkle at my neck. I''ll post pics eventually (ahem - when I finish the article I should be writing instead of procrastinating on PS), but in the meantime, if you do a search, there''s a 10 page thread of solitaires with neck shots ranging from delicate to really impressive here.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I gave my sister a small bezel set pendant for x-mas last year. It was about a .12ct diamond, and a pretty thick bezel, so it more than doubled the size. It floats on a thin chain, and looks great on her.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
I think if you scroll down the show me your studs thread, there are some examples which will show you the difference. sorry, dont have time to pull it up now, but it cant be bad to scroll through diamond studs can it
31.gif

good luck, the setting will make it difference to me anyway.

d2b

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results