shape
carat
color
clarity

how much do you pay for hair cut,color , streaks ect ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I live in the DC area. Last night I paid $114 for single-process color & blowout. WIth the economy being what it is, though, I may just start doing my single-process semi-permanent color at home (I go from my natural medium brown to a glossy dark mahogany). I''ve gotten used to doing it at the salon, but I used to do it myself, and honestly, you can''t tell the difference in the results.

If I were going lighter or getting highlights, though, I would still go to the salon.

Steel

Ideal_Rock

DH - €0.00 : I cut my husband's hair !

Me - €50 when a I force myself for a trim and then I buy 3 for 2 @ €4.65 each boots hair dye (to keep those pesky greys at bay!).

I used to get my hair done every two months; I had perfectly cut hair with glistening high lights. Now I am back to brunette over the tub in 25-30 mins once every two months.

I would LOVE to go back to a salon the way I used to, but I did not stop just because of the cost, I hated that they kept messing it up. The high lights were never close to the root, so I looked like I had 2-3 weeks growth when I left the salon, even when I complained and complained, changed salon nothing changed so I stopped going. Also how come it takes so darned long to scr$w up somebody’s hair, I went in at 9 and it was dark in winter before I left! Geesh!

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Vesper-I agree, I may start doing my single-process myself. I may put the money elsewhere-

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
I may just try to do the color myself just to see how it comes out?
What product works well on covering gray and is easy to put on?
Maybe this post should be posted separately, but let''s see what comes up.Thanks

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Nothing..
My uncle-in-law is a hairdresser at Macy''s and does mine for free.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Can I share a secret with all of you?
I can give it a try right?
this is my first post that generated 3 pages.How exciting that is for me.I am reading everyone''s responses and I found a place that charges a bit less than I used to pay before so until I learn myself how to do it I shall use that place.Thanks for " listening"

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
$50 for cut, that was a recent price increase

$80 for partial highlights

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
I have done fancy cut before (price-wise) and I was never once impressed. Now I just go to a place that charges $15 plus tip for shampoo and cut. I have no complaints!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
for a couple of years i paid $160 + tip every 5-6 weeks for a year and a half - that was for a trim with root and highlight touch-up. however she was an hour away and i really wanted to find someone close, especially if i was going to be paying that much.

i still paid about $85-100 + tip for a cut and demi-color (no highlights) at various new salons. i found a stylist who did a cut, base color, and highlights for around $85 + tip, but the last time i went i told her the cut was working PERFECTLY so i just wanted a color touchup and trim - she took off an inch (!) and added layers (!!). the style is no longer working. :(

so i am back to searching for a new stylist.

Lill_The_Thrill

Shiny_Rock
I get my hair cut about 2-3 times /year for $30, he blow dries it straight aswell, it's a bargain for me since I have *buttloads* of long curly hair.

Well, I've gone brunette for the time being, and I dye my hair at home, I buy a bottle of L'oreal semi permanent color, every 6 wks and do my roots.
But, I usually get highlights at the salon during the spring/summer months and that costs about $120, I do it once, and color it darker a few months later once I grow tired of it.

I'm one of those suckers who can't stick with one color, I go back and forth, wanting to be blonde one second, and a brunette the next. So i've learnt not to spend too much money getting my hair colored at the salon, so I just do it myself as long as it's not highlights.
9.gif

I've been getting my hair done by my stylist since I was about 12-13 (10 yrs), he really has an eye for color and cut, so much that random women on the street ask me about my haircolor/cut and where I got it done, they even ask for his nr, lol. I've converted all my friends to him. He's an artiste, and I don't really have *that* much input in his cutting, he does what I ask for, but with his own twist, if that makes any sense?! It always turns out better than I've imagined it to. I've strayed a few times, but always went back to my original stylist, I'm never straying again though
32.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results