shape
carat
color
clarity

how much do you pay for hair cut,color , streaks ect ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Just wondering what is the average cost if one has to go monthly? Thanks

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Cut- $35
Color- $60
Both- $85

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Depends a LOT on the salon and the area you live in. I''ve paid anything from $35 to $95 for a haircut and highlights can be $50 or well into the hundreds...

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
I don't go monthly but usually it's around $200. I think color starts at $110 or so.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
In Chicago, I pay $150 for my cut, plus tip....and $200 for an all over color plus tip....if I do highlights, its 300.00....so, 350-500.00 depending on my current style.

Color is the worst mark up in the world, professional costs around 5.00 for 2 ounces and developer is about $15.00 for a gallon...so, product-wise, you''re looking at about 10.00...it''s all about the colorist time!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I pay about $50 for a cut, and depending on what kind of color, $75 and up (depends on how many colors, how badly I''ve damaged my hair, and how many layers of color it will take to fix it. I like to mess up my hair a lot.)

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/20/2008 7:39:23 PM
Author: pennquaker09
I don''t go monthly but usually it''s around $200. I think color starts at $110 or so.
Yikes!
23.gif

I spend $40-$50 a haircut. I don''t color my hair (I haven''t gone gray yet) but if I had to I would do it myself and save some money
2.gif

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
i haven''t colored my hair in ages. i cut my hair pretty often. i usually pay around $125 or so and that is including tip for just a cut.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Cut and partial highlights (and 25% tip) is about $180.
Cut and root touch up (and tip) is about $110.
Cut and colour (and tip) is about $120.

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
$45 for a cut, $8.50 for color from a little bottle at sallys
1.gif

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have to go every month because my hair grows incredibly fast. My color is $60 (just the roots, no highlights), and cut & color is $90.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I cut and color every six weeks or so. Cut is $100.00 and full highlights is about $200.00 or so. By the time I tip everyone, I am out of there at about 400.00.

I get blows out three times a week, which run $35.00 - $60.00 depending who does it in the salon.

I also get conditioning and scalp treatments which I love, which run about $100.00 each. Those I do monthly.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks to everyone:
OUpeargirl: 85 for both is very reasonable,keep your stylist.

Neatfreak: "epends a LOT on the salon and the area you live in. I''ve paid anything from $35 to $95 for a haircut and highlights can be $50 or well into the hundreds..."
Well into the hundreds you are correct on this one

I paid over 250 ( a new stylist )for the whole job (cut,color and highlights) and thought it was steep.The tip was on top of it.

pennquaker09:"I don''t go monthly but usually it''s around $200. I think color starts at $110 or so"

If you don''t go every month its easier to justify the payment in this amount.

Italianhaircolor:
"In Chicago, I pay $150 for my cut, plus tip....and $200 for an all over color plus tip....if I do highlights, its 300.00....so, 350-500.00 depending on my current style."

Pricey place, I better not move to Chicago.Do you go monthly ? or not necessary?

FrekeChild:Keep your stylist The price is more reasonable.

Skippy:
" I don''t color my hair (I haven''t gone gray yet) but if I had to I would do it myself and save some money"

That was originally my intention to do my own, but its not as easy and I don''t get the look I want.Mind you I have paid a fair price and still did not get what I wanted.So I switched the stylist and he did an excellent job , but to pay over 200 monthly is quite steep.Lucky you I went gray in my 20s ( genetic gift )
Puffy:

"i haven''t colored my hair in ages. i cut my hair pretty often. i usually pay around $125 or so and that is including tip for just a cut."
Another lucky one not to have to cover gray.Hope it stays like it for you.

Princesss:
"Cut and partial highlights (and 25% tip) is about $180.
Cut and root touch up (and tip) is about $110.
Cut and colour (and tip) is about $120.
Are you also one of the lucky one''s that don''t have to go monthly?

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I went gray in my 20''s too. I started out going every 6 weeks, but now I go every 4. I could seriously do 3 if I wasn''t afraid my hair would fall out! I can''t color it on my own. It doesn''t look right, and my haircut lady does a great job. Most people are surprised to learn my hair is color treated.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I go monthly...right now I have a bob, graduated in the back and it requires a lot of stylist TLC. Although a lot of my friends are stylists and I could get my hair done for free, I adore the girl I go to--and shes worth every penny. Being a stylist, I appreciate good work...and she''s great, worth every penny. Plus, she''s in the city..and easy to fit into my day.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Before my favorite stylist got contact dermatitis from the hair chemicals, I used to pay him $60 for cut and partial highlight! It was an incredible deal, and I always tipped him generously.

Now, I pay about $120 plus tip for the same. I know it''s still a relatively good deal, and my new stylist is very good, but I miss the old one.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Actually my stylist is pretty expensive for our area. Skippy and I are both in New Mexico, and while I know of people who charge more, 95% of the people I know pay less. I've been going to her for 24 years (she's the owner and looks maybe late 30s tops), minus a foray with a woman who only charged me $20 for a cut, who did it just as well as my regular stylist, the only problem is that her store is 30 minutes away. I'd rather pay through the nose than lose an hour.

And I'll just throw out that that I wish I'd go completely gray already. Then I wouldn't be tempted to mess with my hair so much. (I really really want to dye it dark brown right now, because my natural color is boring!)

ETA: I should mention that I only get a cut once every 4-6 months.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have no grey at all. But I go blonde, somewhat close to my natural dirty blonde I had as a child, which is now a boring mid range brown. Not a look I like. Blonde takes a lot of maintenance.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
I''m going in tomorrow for a trim and root touch-up. It will be around 140.00
When I go in for roots and highlights, it''s over 200.
if I get roots low lights and high lights, it''s too much (250.00 or so)

I get for root (gray) touch up every 3 weeks.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Cut $65 + tips. I just had my hair cut very short, so now I''ll be back at 6 weeks for maintainence/cut instead of my usual 8.
Foils $100 + tips.
Doesn''t include $$ for products.

cheers--Sharon

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I''m in a suburb of San Diego. My cut is $40, color runs between $50-$80 (she alternates the amount of foiling with each cut). I usually walk away having spent between $12--150, with tip.

She gets my hair as far as cut is concerned (now that she understands I like my curly hair and don''t want to fight it into being straight); my color sometimes misses the mark. It''s never been unattractive, it''s just not always what I ask for (I think she''s gunshy, when I say "Go red" I mean it) but overall, for what I pay, she''s a great stylist.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I used to go to Aveda, and pay $70 for caramel highlights on my dark brown hair.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
I pay 95 + tip for cut and color. I started going gray in my 20''s
32.gif
Two kids later, lets just say that I go often...

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
deegee:

"I went gray in my 20''s too. I started out going every 6 weeks, but now I go every 4. I could seriously do 3 if I wasn''t afraid my hair would fall out! I can''t color it on my own. It doesn''t look right, and my haircut lady does a great job. Most people are surprised to learn my hair is color treated."

I am glad I am not the only one Pscoper that went gray in my 20s.Yes I could easily go every 3 weeks too.

Mimzy and Deegee:I envy both of you really.What a deal!!!!

diamondfan:Lucky girl you are.You look after yourself well!!!

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Wow DF! I wish I could get those treatments, sounds good! Are they worth it? I want to try a scalp treatment.

I normally get my hair colored and cut every 6-8 weeks at Aveda salons:

Cut $65
Color $80
Highlights $100

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I didn''t include tips and things like that, but I never pay less than the aforementioned $200. And since I''m a guy, that''s a lot, but I have a weird natural hair color that I don''t like, so I get my hair colored dark brown. I used to get highlights, but I haven''t been doing that as of late.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I live in the midwest (small town), so things are cheaper. I have to go every 5 weeks, as I am definitely gray. So for root touch up and trim (hair is all one length), with tip it's $55.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Everyone charges at least $50.- for a haircut on Long Island, but I luck out in the color department because an old friend owns an old fashioned "beauty shop" in town and she touches up my r--ts (I hate that word!) for just $30 a month. She does that for me because I''ve been going to her for many years. No more highlighting for me. My hair is too fine and fragile and a good percentage of the highlights break off. I save money there!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
My cuts are $42, and I go every 6 weeks or so. I color my own hair since it''s so short. I can''t justify spending a ton of money to dye 2 inches of hair.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My cuts are about 20 dollars thereabouts, my hair is now in a shoulder length bob so fairly simple. I do my colour myself, have done for years and as my hair isn''t that dark, I get a decent champagne blonde easily enough. In fact I am lucky that it looks as if I have highlights. I have spent a lot recently on Kerastase products which are great.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results