shape
carat
color
clarity

how much do you pay for hair cut,color , streaks ect ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I go to an Aveda salon, and my stylist has been doing my hair for about 15 years or so. I''m very attached to her!!!
41.gif

I''m 30, and I have a few little greys that anyone else probably wouldn''t even notice . . . but they drive me NUTS!!! So, I go every six weeks for a full color (very dark brown) with highlights (kinda caramel colored), and a trim/cut. The cost for the color and highlights is $60 and the trim/cut is $20 (so $80 total). (Like I said, she''s been doing my hair for 15 years and I don''t think she''s ever raised my prices! She''s awesome!) I always tip her $20, so grand total it''s about $100 every six weeks.
21.gif

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
At the ripe old age of 27, I am about 30% grey. I also dye my hair red, which means I''m at the salon every 4 - 6 weeks. It is my ONE splurge.

I used to go to Aveda and a cut and color was about $140 before tip. I loved my stylist, but became frustrated with how quickly the color fades, so I''ve started seeing a new stylist and it''s $202 for a cut and single process, but the quality of the color is much better.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Since moving to NY, I haven''t found one particular stylist I like enough to stick with them but the prices tend to be the same, more or less.

Cut: around $110 before tip (my hair is long and I get it cut every 12-16 weeks)
Single Process: about $100 before tip (about 8-12 weeks)
Partial Highlights: starts at $140 before tip (about 8-12 weeks)

absolut_blonde

Brilliant_Rock
I get a trim and highlights/lowlights (my natural colour is medium blonde, it needs both for dimension) every 6 weeks or so.

For a trim and full highlights, it''s $150 before tip. For a trim and partial highlights, I think it''s somewhere like $120 before tip.

That was with my old stylist, though. I have an appointment with a new one this Saturday so I''m not sure what that will come out to be yet... judging from the salon''s site, it should be pretty close to what I have paid in the past.

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
I get a full highlight and a cut for $98.00 (they raised the prices $3.00) and then I pay tip on top of that. I''m in a northern ''burb of Detroit. It''s a pretty good price for this area. I have friends that pay over $200 - 250 for the same process.

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
Love my stylist, am taking her (and her sister) across the country to style for my wedding. I pay anywhere from $200-$250 for a cut, color and crown highlights. I go every 8-12 weeks.

I''ve been going to them for the past 4 years and have referred many family and friends. I suspect that I get a reduced rate due to that!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
8 bucks for the cut + $2 tip = 10 bucks total.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/20/2008 11:13:40 PM
Author: scarleta
deegee:

''I went gray in my 20''s too. I started out going every 6 weeks, but now I go every 4. I could seriously do 3 if I wasn''t afraid my hair would fall out! I can''t color it on my own. It doesn''t look right, and my haircut lady does a great job. Most people are surprised to learn my hair is color treated.''

I am glad I am not the only one Pscoper that went gray in my 20s.Yes I could easily go every 3 weeks too.

Mimzy and Deegee:I envy both of you really.What a deal!!!!

diamondfan:Lucky girl you are.You look after yourself well!!!
scarleta, just fyi, if you wish to quote people, just hit the reply button on the post you are replying to, then hit the quote button.
The previous posters'' comments will come up in the grey box like above.
Of course, you can post any way you like, I''ve just noticed the way you reply, and thought it may save you some time
5.gif

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2008 9:27:27 AM
Author: NewEnglandLady
At the ripe old age of 27, I am about 30% grey. I also dye my hair red, which means I''m at the salon every 4 - 6 weeks. It is my ONE splurge.

I used to go to Aveda and a cut and color was about $140 before tip. I loved my stylist, but became frustrated with how quickly the color fades, so I''ve started seeing a new stylist and it''s $202 for a cut and single process, but the quality of the color is much better.
I go to an Aveda salon too, and pay a lot! Is it your experience that Aveda color fades faster than other? I''m going because it''s the best salon in my area and I like that the color and products don''t contain so many chemicals - or so they claim. I''m about 70% gray (ouch!!) so I have to go frequently. I''m a light brown with low lights and highlights. Geez, all that just to get a natural look, ha ha!!

April20

Ideal_Rock
I pay about $175 for cut and color/highlights, including tip. I go about every 3 months or so. I would color at home if I thought I would be successful, but after one debacle where I turned it a horrible shade of yellow, had to wear a hat for a week and then have my hair professionally colored darker and keep cutting it short until the damage was grown out, I no longer allow myself to color at home.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/21/2008 11:21:43 PM
Author: bebe

I go to an Aveda salon too, and pay a lot! Is it your experience that Aveda color fades faster than other? I''m going because it''s the best salon in my area and I like that the color and products don''t contain so many chemicals - or so they claim. I''m about 70% gray (ouch!!) so I have to go frequently. I''m a light brown with low lights and highlights. Geez, all that just to get a natural look, ha ha!!
Bebe, I don''t mean to answer for New England Lady, but I go to an Aveda salon and I''ve never noticed the color fading quickly. Mine seems to last pretty well, and I go every six weeks. Of course, I do use Aveda hair care products as well, so maybe that helps to keep the color from fading???
33.gif

And I feel the same way about the chemical thing! I have noticed that the color my stylist uses on my hair doesn''t "stink" the way a lot of color does. Maybe that''s due to less chemicals? I''m not sure. But, if Aveda really does use less chemicals, then that''s great!
21.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2008 1:34:40 PM
Author: Rosebud8506
I get a full highlight and a cut for $98.00 (they raised the prices $3.00) and then I pay tip on top of that. I'm in a northern 'burb of Detroit. It's a pretty good price for this area. I have friends that pay over $200 - 250 for the same process.
You don't get your hair cut and colored in Farmington Hills/Novi , do you? That's exactly what I paid! 98!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Scarleta, yes, I''m one of the lucky ones that doesn''t have to go so often. I generally find my way in between 8 and 10 weeks. I don''t usually keep track (I know, I know...bad client. Bad).

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/22/2008 9:40:18 AM
Author: elledizzy5

Date: 10/21/2008 1:34:40 PM
I get a full highlight and a cut for $98.00 (they raised the prices $3.00) and then I pay tip on top of that. I''m in a northern ''burb of Detroit. It''s a pretty good price for this area. I have friends that pay over $200 - 250 for the same process.
You don''t get your hair cut and colored in Farmington Hills/Novi , do you? That''s exactly what I paid! 98!
No, Sterling Heights! That is ironic though, huh!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In a London suburb - £20, which converts to about $45. I go every three months. No colour.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Expensive Chicago suburb, young hairdresser with fairly new shop:
$35/cut
$75/highlights

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/22/2008 9:30:57 AM
Author: Irishgrrrl

Bebe, I don''t mean to answer for New England Lady, but I go to an Aveda salon and I''ve never noticed the color fading quickly. Mine seems to last pretty well, and I go every six weeks. Of course, I do use Aveda hair care products as well, so maybe that helps to keep the color from fading???
33.gif

And I feel the same way about the chemical thing! I have noticed that the color my stylist uses on my hair doesn''t ''stink'' the way a lot of color does. Maybe that''s due to less chemicals? I''m not sure. But, if Aveda really does use less chemicals, then that''s great!
21.gif
I saw this web site that rates shampoos and all the beauty crap we use. Anyway, Aeda got a not so good score. I was shocked, here I''ve been thinking the company was so good.!!
I will continue to go there and use their products, but their score kinda surprised me. (can''t find the site now)

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
I tried Aveda and found that the color faded faster.

E B

Ideal_Rock
A cut is usually ~$50, and a bang trim is $10. I don''t color.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Scarleta, right now, I am all about pampering and maintenance. I have nice hair, but the natural color three kids later is mousy. So I take care of it, as it looks better when I do. I also have neck and arm issues and chronic pain, so blow drying my hair which is long is OUT. And going out with it wet in the winter is out, and it frankly looks ugly to me when it is wavy. So, I just decided this, plus manicures weekly, pedicures at least once a month, waxing, a massage, facials, etc, are all vital for me. It is an indulgence on one hand yes, but it helps me feel so much better. I am not a kid anymore, and need to maintain myself so I look good! I used to be able to wash, throw styling product in and have the most gorgeous long wavey ringlets, dirty blonde, and not need make up. The upside is I have NO gray at all, and almost no wrinkles though I never do any botox or injections nor surgery. I might not always be so lucky, but this maintenance is hopefully gonna forestall any issues in the near future. At 42 I can still pass for my early thirties.

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
This might be a little off the topic, but do you guys believe that if you use salon products vs. a store bought brand (like a John Frieda for blondes or brunettes, etc.) that it will make your color last? I really wonder if it makes a difference. I have used both, and truthfully, it lasts pretty much the same in between salon visits. If I am in the sun, obviously the color is bleached out a tad no matter what product I use (and how expensive).

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/23/2008 10:33:59 AM
This might be a little off the topic, but do you guys believe that if you use salon products vs. a store bought brand (like a John Frieda for blondes or brunettes, etc.) that it will make your color last? I really wonder if it makes a difference. I have used both, and truthfully, it lasts pretty much the same in between salon visits. If I am in the sun, obviously the color is bleached out a tad no matter what product I use (and how expensive).
Rosebud, I used to use John Frieda Brilliant Brunette. I used the whole line (shampoo, conditioner, daily color glaze, and styling products). I recently switched to Aveda products, and I think my color actually lasts better with the Aveda products. Also, my hair tends to be a little dry around the ends, and the John Frieda stuff didn''t do anything for the dryness (even though I used the moisturizing shampoo and conditioner). I''ve been using Aveda Dry Remedy shampoo, conditioner and weekly deep conditioner, and my dryness is much better.
21.gif

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/21/2008 10:47:22 PM
Author: arjunajane

deegee:

''I went gray in my 20''s too. I started out going every 6 weeks, but now I go every 4. I could seriously do 3 if I wasn''t afraid my hair would fall out! I can''t color it on my own. It doesn''t look right, and my haircut lady does a great job. Most people are surprised to learn my hair is color treated.''

I am glad I am not the only one Pscoper that went gray in my 20s.Yes I could easily go every 3 weeks too.

scarleta, just fyi, if you wish to quote people, just hit the reply button on the post you are replying to, then hit the quote button.

Of course, you can post any way you like, I''ve just noticed the way you reply, and thought it may save you some time
5.gif
Thanks so much for that short cut arjunajane.I need any help I can get in this department so I sure appreciate your tip.Will now see how it works.You are absolutely right I spend lots of time doing it my way.Thanks and thanks to everyone for your response to my question.I am heading out to work shortly, but I will read everyone''s comments later.Thanks again for the tip.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I don''t do color but I do get my hair chemically treated (for straightening) and then have to go in every two weeks to have rollers set, then blowdry. The treatment is about $50 every three months and the bi-weekly styling is $35 without a deep conditioner and $45 with.

Which is why my hair has been curly for the past 8 months...

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/22/2008 3:38:49 PM

Date: 10/22/2008 9:30:57 AM
Author: Irishgrrrl

33.gif

And I feel the same way about the chemical thing! I have noticed that the color my stylist uses on my hair doesn''t ''stink'' the way a lot of color does. Maybe that''s due to less chemicals? I''m not sure. But, if Aveda really does use less chemicals, then that''s great!
21.gif
I saw this web site that rates shampoos and all the beauty crap we use. Anyway, Aeda got a not so good score. I was shocked, here I''ve been thinking the company was so good.!!
I will continue to go there and use their products, but their score kinda surprised me. (can''t find the site now)
So sorry I missed this--i''m just going to piggyback on everybody else''s responses.

I started noticing that the color in Aveda was fading maybe the 2nd time I went--I thought it was just because I go bright red, which tends to fade faster than any other color. My stylist started creating these color-depositing shampoos and conditioners for me with the color I used infused in (sort of like Madder Root, but more tailored) to help with the problem, but it didn''t seem to help.

I went to a hair consultant about 2 months ago (it was a class on the best cut/color based on your face shape, features, hair type, coloring, etc.) and the instructor could tell that I used Aveda color right away--he said Aveda color always looks faded and washed out (??) and that within the industry the color is considered one of the worst. I then decided to find a new stylist (mine had just left Aveda anyway) and he said the same thing, which sort of surprised me because I''d always liked the tone of Aveda''s color. Anyway, the red he used on my hair is a bit richer in color and hasn''t faded, so I''m happy.

I still love Aveda''s products, though. I don''t know if their products rate higher than their actual hair color, but I''m pleased with them and am sticking with them.

Didn''t mean to threadjack--sorry!

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
$85 cut and color. Plus tip.

I color almost identicall to my natural. I color to cover greys. I love my stylist. She makes my color look so natural that it does not look colored at all. She does a great cut too. A great colorist and stylist all in one is a valuable thing!

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2008 10:47:22 PM
Author: arjunajane

deegee:

5.gif
Cool! I have always wondered how to quote someone else my reply. Great info. I''m not Scarleta but thanks for the info!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also color my natural dark brown to cover gray. I have never used permanent color, so my hair is not damaged. I go every 3-4 weeks for color and a trim. It is $45 total. (Yes, the cost of living is a lot lower here!!!)

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
I spend $22.00 every six months for haircut and tip...I used to use Redkin products until un-employment and now I switch back and forth between the cheap stuff and the better hair care products to save on the bucks.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/25/2008 2:43:07 AM
Author: jewelerman
I spend $22.00 every six months for haircut and tip...I used to use Redkin products until un-employment and now I switch back and forth between the cheap stuff and the better hair care products to save on the bucks.
THATS 22.00 EVERY 6 WEEKS.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results