shape
carat
color
clarity

How many of you have the 1mm Spacer from Etsy?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I believe that the seller is "JewelerOnTheRoof". I know FrankieExtah (?) does, and I think I have seen a few others sporting one.

I am considering that myself, but would like to know if it has been a worthwhile investment for you.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohh good one, Ill message about if its available in platinum or not. I can't decide if it will be "invisible" enough to forgo the 2mm in it's favor.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey ame, I'd be worry about platinum in 1mm size. Have you researched about what is the min. on width depth of plat in order to retain its shape? just a thought. otherwise maybe palladium might still work since its a spacer and in the same family as plat?

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
It's super invisible. The rest of my set is platinum but I didn't want to spring for platinum on a spacer. Quick iphone shot...I have 4 rings on my ring finger and as you can see (or not see) the spacer's essentially invisible. On my pinky are two other spacers I found less satisfactory, the rose one is from blazer arts on etsy and the other I don't remember but it's a good bit thicker with a noticeable solder line.

spacers.JPG

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, I like that look Kelpie!!! I would never be ok with the visible solder line. Why anyone would send that out I cannot fathom.

I haven't done a ton of research on it. I just want sometihng thin and low and out of the way that isn't really visible, and gold is not an option. I might just keep it with the 2mm in the middle, even if I don't need it. I keep trying to justify not buying a new spacer by telling my brain having the platinum between them maybe keeps the little diamonds from outshining the big one.

Lottie

Brilliant_Rock
I love this but as a wedding band not a spacer. My favourite wedding band is a 1.5mm engraved platinum band and I have been looking for a super thin smooth band for really minimal days. Perfecto!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know that the Jeweler on the Roof guy on Etsy does a 1.5mm version also.

I may have to wait it out a bit.

nfowife

Brilliant_Rock
I have the junedesigns palladium one too, for my platinum set. It ended up that with the info I found it wasn't really necessary to have a platinum one, and the price was a big difference. I don't care if it gets eaten into at $65...I can just replace it. Though there's not a mark on it yet and I wear it every day with my set:
photo%204_0.jpg
eta- sorry my pic is rotated all funky. Not sure why?

diamante-girl

Rough_Rock
Hi :wavey:

I have recently bought a 1mm 14k white gold spacer, but I didn't buy it from Etsy. I wanted one that was a domed shape like a wedding band. I found this one on ebay and you could buy it outright. When I received it, it was just what I was looking for, and indeed 1mm. It isn't paper thin either.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1MM-14K-SOLID-GOLD-LADIES-BAND-THUMB-RING-Size-4-13-/170362834227?pt=US_Wedding_Bands_without_Stones&hash=item27aa6a8d33#ht_4150wt_907

Both my e-ring and 1/2 eternity wedding band are 2mm. It was very reasonably priced and arrived very quickly. It is exactly what I needed to keep the e-ring prongs away from my diamond wedding band. You can see it, because the donut sticks out at the base of the prong basket, but I don't mind it at all. Most of the time you're not looking at your rings that close anyway. ;)) BTW I wear a size 4.

I am pleased with it and it's performing its function well. :appl:

Screen shot 2011-08-16 at 7.17.25 PM.png

Screen shot 2011-08-16 at 7.17.59 PM.png

Screen shot 2011-08-16 at 7.44.40 PM.png

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks! I like that you gave me a side-view.

I don't know if my skin will react to Palladium but I know I can't get gold, so Ill see if that seller has a platinum option. I like the lower-dome.

I also considered going to that weddingbandhotline site and getting the 2mm low-dome band in place of my current one, at least that looks more matchy to the vatche than the rounded one I have.

Ladybug1

Shiny_Rock
Quick question Kelpie, how long did it take you to receive your spacer from Junedesigns? I ordered mine and it seems to be taking forever!

MrsBettyBoop

Brilliant_Rock
I ordered two of the 1mm platinum bands from etsy... I like to wear them together as my wedding band. They are awesome.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Miss Betty I would love to see photos if you would oblige me. :)

I have considered getting two, wearing one on top of the stack and one below my ering, like a sandwich...

Head-in-the-clouds

Rough_Rock
I have the 1mm platinum band from 'Jeweler on the roof' and I absolutely love it! It has saved my e-ring from being eaten up by my eternity band and is very dainty and invisible in real life as opposed to photo's.

Jeweler on the roof were lovely to buy from and it only took approximately 10 days to receive it from memory. I have absolutely no complaints regarding this ring and would definitely recommend it :bigsmile:

IMG_1147.JPG

IMG_1144.JPG

IMG_1146.JPG

Head-in-the-clouds

Rough_Rock
Please excuse the grubby rings, I should have cleaned them before taking all these pics!

IMG_1149.JPG

IMG_1148.JPG

MrsBettyBoop

Brilliant_Rock
ame|1313631106|2993015 said:
Miss Betty I would love to see photos if you would oblige me. :)

I have considered getting two, wearing one on top of the stack and one below my ering, like a sandwich...

I don't have any awesome pictures... but here is one that shows the bands pretty well.
photo-6_0.jpg

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
I'd say that is an awesome photo, Betty!

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Ladybug1|1313615865|2992835 said:
Quick question Kelpie, how long did it take you to receive your spacer from Junedesigns? I ordered mine and it seems to be taking forever!
A couple weeks but under a month, iirc. I am over seas. I ordered back in April and there was a postal strike in Canada a few weeks ago that is probably gumming up the package.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Head-in-the-clouds|1313635313|2993083 said:
Please excuse the grubby rings, I should have cleaned them before taking all these pics!

I love your eternity band, Head-in-the-clouds-who makes it? It's gorgeous and the size is just perfect with your e-ring!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Head in the Clouds got hers from jeweler on the roof on Etsy.

Awesome pics, and thank you all for your input AND your photos.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hi ame - first of all welcome back, i remember you from when i first found PS!

second, thanks for starting this thread - it ended up helping me out too! i just contacted jeweler on the roof to see if he makes the 1mm Sol in white gold with palladium alloy, and he can! so, i just placed an order with him. i will use it as a spacer too. based upon other threads here recently, i went with the white gold over platinum to better protect my rings and to hopefully avoid having it go out of round, plus the cost was much more palatable for me.

good luck with your own quest!!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you!!! And Thanks for the welcome back :)

I look forward to your update when it comes. I should have my new band tomorrow, so I will see if I think I still need/want to wear a spacer at all between that and the e-ring. The benefit to the Flyer band is that there shouldn't be any issues with stones hitting the prongs...

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
ame|1313682966|2993406 said:
Head in the Clouds got hers from jeweler on the roof on Etsy.

Awesome pics, and thank you all for your input AND your photos.

Thanks ame-I asked about the eternity band though! I didn't see a thread on it and it's gorgeous!

Head-in-the-clouds

Rough_Rock
HI Thing2of2 - Thanks for the compliment on my eternity band! I haven't created a thread yet, I live in Hong Kong and had it made at a local jeweler here. It is made of platinum and has 6pt diamonds. I was very surprised by the quality actually and was not expecting it to come out as beautiful as it did :appl:

Looking forward to seeing pics of your band when it arrives Ame!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks! I am pretty anxious! Right now I am just scared it will be too big or too small and will need to go back for resizing. :errrr:

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
Sadly I'm not really in need of a spacer, but for future reference, can someone recap palladium v. white gold (or a white gold palladium alloy) v. platinum as a spacer with a platinum set?

And the reason behind the spacer is so that the prongs of one ring don't eat into the other ring, correct?

TIA. :)

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Correct.

I cannot wear gold, so for me it's not an option. But when gold is alloyed with Palladium it creates a whiter/grayer gold, versus with nickel when it's a warmer yellower white gold. Palladium is in the platinum family, but is a lighter metal. I have not seen it wear super well though. if you were to go with the white gold ring, the pllatinum wedding set will "eat it" a little faster than wearing the platinum between them.

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, so the choice between palladium v. white gold is b/c of color, not wear?

nfowife

Brilliant_Rock
It's so that the diamonds from a wedding band don't eat into the prongs of the e-ring. Diamonds will eat into things (they can scratch each other, as well).
Here's a thread I posted when I was deciding on mine:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/do-i-need-a-spacer.160759/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/do-i-need-a-spacer.160759/[/URL]

FWIW, my set is platinum and I can't see any difference with the palladium ring. Plus the spacer is so thin that you can't see it at all unless you really studied my hand as it is a shorter height off my finger than my e-ring and w-band are (which I wanted). For me the purpose is to create a space so there is no damage done, as discreetly as possible. I don't want it to be noticeable.

My previous e-ring with the same w-band I currently have now had Tiffany-style prongs and there were big indents after a few years of wear from being up against my wedding band. So when I got the replacement ring (even though I had a different head style this time) I wanted to avoid that kind of damage.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results