shape
carat
color
clarity

How many of you have the 1mm Spacer from Etsy?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
lavatea|1313779575|2994402 said:
Oh, so the choice between palladium v. white gold is b/c of color, not wear?
I actually think that Palladium WG will wear better than Nickel WG. But they do definitely have different colors and different "patinas"

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lavatea|1313779575|2994402 said:
Oh, so the choice between palladium v. white gold is b/c of color, not wear?

i *think* that palladium vs. white gold is just a matter of color/preference, not wear.

i know you didn't ask about platinum vs. the others, but i had read here recently that platinum, because it is a softer metal, will 'take on' little bits of grit which will then scratch adjacent rings, whereas gold will not do that (allow bits to embed). not sure if that is true or not, but it stuck with me.

i have been wearing a channel bead set eternity in palladium white gold (i have an allergy to nickel white gold) with my platinum ering for a few weeks now, and the sides of the eternity are already dull from being scratched up, so something is happening. that's why i will be wearing a spacer - to prevent further damage (with gold, you lose metal, with plat you displace it, and i don't want to wear way my eternity's sides!). it's also not as pretty when scratched up, so i am hoping the spacer will help keep the eternity shiny after i have it polished up again.

hope that answers some of your questions!

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, rainydaze. That helps some more.

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Ame, I have a 1mm WG spacer from Jeweller on the Roof who were wonderful to deal with and the ring is beautiful. However to be honest with you I don't wear it much. I find that it 'cheapens' the look of my wedding set - although I`m sure it`s just a psychological issue as I stare at it all the time; others probably don't notice the spacer at all. So I wear a 2mm WG band instead, which is much more substantial and looks like part of the set.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for saying that. That's where I keep going back and forth. I feel like the spacer needs to be non visible, otherwise I might as well keep the 2mm I have now.

...speaking of...my pics are about to go up on SMTR!

frankiextah

Brilliant_Rock
hey Ame,

I love my 1mm plat spacer from etsy (jewelry on the roof) ...wore it daily when i still had the below ring setting, super comfy to the point where i couldn't even feel it on at all... here are a few pics that show how invisible the spacer really is... note that these are super zoomed in photos and you can barely see it :

20101114-IMG_3254a.jpg

20101114-IMG_3242a.jpg

20101114-IMG_3241a.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
*sigh* I so loved that setting...

Thank you so much!

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
frankiextah|1313808441|2994773 said:
hey Ame,

I love my 1mm plat spacer from etsy (jewelry on the roof) ...wore it daily when i still had the below ring setting, super comfy to the point where i couldn't even feel it on at all... here are a few pics that show how invisible the spacer really is... note that these are super zoomed in photos and you can barely see it :

20101114-IMG_3254a.jpg

20101114-IMG_3242a.jpg

20101114-IMG_3241a.jpg

Frankie, that's amazing! I've been unsure about getting a spacer because I was afraid it would really show, but yours really disappears between the rings. Could you post the mm of the ering and band?

frankiextah

Brilliant_Rock
the band width of the ER is about 1.8mm and the eternity width is 2.8mm. hope this helps !!! :wavey:

it's super sturdy and hasn't bent out of shape. the etsy seller Jewelry On the Roof is super nice and sweet to deal with ... the ring originally fit a little too tight and without hesitation they sent me another one along with a self stamped envelope for me to send the non-fitting one back ... i would make sure to consult them in terms of sizing because it is a super thin ring so you may need to size up/down accordingly (a little different from your other wider rings).

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
frankiextah|1313860542|2995067 said:
the band width of the ER is about 1.8mm and the eternity width is 2.8mm. hope this helps !!! :wavey:

it's super sturdy and hasn't bent out of shape. the etsy seller Jewelry On the Roof is super nice and sweet to deal with ... the ring originally fit a little too tight and without hesitation they sent me another one along with a self stamped envelope for me to send the non-fitting one back ... i would make sure to consult them in terms of sizing because it is a super thin ring so you may need to size up/down accordingly (a little different from your other wider rings).

Beautiful set and the spacer is absolutely invisible!!

Sousup129

Rough_Rock
Hi Frankie--

Can you please share the information on your e-ring and wedding band from this post? Who are they by/where are they from? I'd love to know the carat wt and any more details on these rings/the set -- they're gorgeous!!

Thanks,

Sousup

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I believe her ering in this was by Michael B. but I am not sure about her band.

Sousup129

Rough_Rock
Thanks Ame! I appreciate the reply :)

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sure thing!

danyhutch

Rough_Rock
I'm finally able to add to this topic!!! I had a 3mm band as a spacer, needles to say that it was too big. Got my 1mm spacer in 14k white gold from etsy as well. The seller's shop name is Deb Blazer!!! So friendly and helpful. Couldn't be happier. Here are some pics of my 3mm band and 1mm band!!!

photo__9_0.jpg

photo__8_0.jpg

photo__7_0.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am resurrecting this thread bec I am eyeing these spacers again from Jeweler on the Roof to go with what I think will be the winner setting. Anyone have any input on their spacers and who they got them from? Who still wears theirs?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have her favorited too. I think LoganSapphire has one from her. She is in Montreal tho and that might be an issue just with customs shipping to the states.

I've got jeweler on the roof, deb blazer and aurum bay saved. If I get the setting I am thinking I will, i need to decide what to do, matching width that might be a tad above the height of the donut or one that's the same height as the donut that may be invisible. I don't want my 2mm attacking it.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got mine from Jeweler on the Roof on Etsy and…. it has sat unworn for, well, since whenever I posted to this thread last. The difference in ring 'depths' bothered me, and ultimately it didn't really make a difference. I just wear my rings together, and all is well (but I have the JM 1345 so it sits nicely against other rings).

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
I should clarify that I haven't seen it in person though! I've been wearing a 1.5MM palladium band as my wedding ring lately and I love it. I'd even be tempted to try a 1.25MM. Is that crazy for a wedding band?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results