shape
carat
color
clarity

How many engagement type rings do you have? Pics please!

Discussion in 'Show Me the Bling! (Rings,Earrings,Jewelry)' started by Mamabean, Dec 8, 2018.

1. carbonfan
    Brilliant_Rock

by carbonfan » Dec 19, 2018
    I just now saw this; I am so sorry @Bonfire! I will certainly be happy to post a photo for you soon! I will actually have a piece or two to introduce in the new year, so I may hold off until I can take a "family shot" with the forthcoming additions. In the meantime, I am truly enjoying seeing everyone's bling!! And just for the record, your VC masterpiece is still one of my all-time favorites!! :love::love::love:

2. the_mother_thing
    Ideal_Rock

by the_mother_thing » Dec 19, 2018
    Sorry, I guess I could/should have included that, right? The OEC is M color w/Faint fluoro, SI1 clarity and a big ‘ol fat culet that just spews kozibe all over that thang! :lol:

I’m actually thinking about resetting it into a three or five stone. :think:

Mamabean likes this.
  3. mrs-b
    Ideal_Rock

by mrs-b » Dec 19, 2018
    @the_mother_thing -

Can you pls tell me who did your setting? I love this ring, as you know!

4. Mamabean
    Ideal_Rock

by Mamabean » Dec 19, 2018
    Wow! I can’t believe it’s an M! I just LOVE it!

5. the_mother_thing
    Ideal_Rock

:wavey: Thank you; which one? The MRB is in a custom Sholdt; the OEC is in a CvB Abby.

Thank you so much! Even though you don’t plan to switch yours out, I think you should still post a picture so we can appreciate her gorgeousness in a larger-scale ... since you started this thread and all. :whistle:

mrs-b and Mamabean like this.
  6. Mamabean
    Ideal_Rock

I only have one but I’m working on it! She’s 2.03 ctw G VS1 AGS ideal cut..I love her but now have DSS and I would love a bigger one..I named her Lentil because that’s what she looks like next to the honkers on here! I take crummy pics but here you go! My fingers look bent out of shape! I’m freezing outside so my hands look like lobsters! Haha!
    7FD9081C-2F37-4175-A918-5D11249B0FD8.jpeg

I am looking for a cluster ring! If you see one in a high color please let me know!

7. the_mother_thing
    Ideal_Rock

@Mamabean :love: Lentil is just beautiful, and she is no shrinking violet!

I could sell all my diamonds and just get OTRTA, but I really like having different styles to change things up, and I know ~7mm is really my comfort zone. Anything bigger just wouldn't fit my lifestyle.

diamondseeker2006 and Mamabean like this.
  8. Mamabean
    Ideal_Rock

Thank you @the_mother_thing! I’m going to look for a diamond cluster ring of some kind..and just fill in with some other things. :twisted2:

9. Wewechew
    Brilliant_Rock

the_mother_thing likes this.
  10. Mamabean
    Ideal_Rock

by Mamabean » Jan 7, 2019
    My BIG birthday..eek..was yesterday and my hubby suggested I get an upgrade when I combine my Christmas and birthday Mad Money! I just had it reset last year! Also, I know I would lose money on it..and I do love it..so I’m thinking of just getting another ring to wear as an alternate. Can you guys give me names of trusted pre-loved jewelry sites...I’m not too comfortable with Loupe Troupe because I don’t know what protections are in place with non professional selling them..Any suggestions would be great! @mrs-b if you can find me a gorgeous diamond for a steal...:lol:I’m open to creative vintage type settings to make the diamond look larger so it doesn’t look tiny on my finger!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
    diamondseeker2006 likes this.
  11. Alex T
    Ideal_Rock

by Alex T » Jan 7, 2019
    This is one of my favorite OEC’s. It’s just perfection!

AV_ and Mamabean like this.
  12. Mamabean
    Ideal_Rock

Me too! I ordered a mrb in an m and I know they’re different but I love this color..I’m hoping!

Alex T likes this.
  13. the_mother_thing
    Ideal_Rock

by the_mother_thing » Jan 7, 2019
    Thank you so much; it’s really a quirky, imperfect OEC but that’s what I personally find so ‘perfect’ about it.

If it’s ideal cut, I think you’ll be happy with it. I adore my K colored MRB (av pic) and am amazed at how white it is really. I’ve not seen an M colored MRB diamond to compare the OEC to, but will be excited to see/read your pics and thoughts when you get yours. Do you have a thread on it already somewhere? :appl:

Alex T and Mamabean like this.
  14. Mamabean
    Ideal_Rock

Yes..I do! Click on the link in the thread I bought a .40 M diamond! and blow it up. It looks dark in the video but I think it will be lighter in person. It’s a bitty at .40 so I’m going to use it as a stacking ring. It’s so unique..I love it in the video because it’s shimmery and looks like mercury glass to me. I hope I love it in person. I don’t get it until next week.

15. AV_
    Brilliant_Rock

by AV_ » Jan 7, 2019
    :clap:

16. AV_
    Brilliant_Rock

by AV_ » Jan 8, 2019
    ctd.

@Rhino Let me ask this much: what does it take to copy a diamond?

Rhino likes this.
  17. pearaffair
    Brilliant_Rock

by pearaffair » Jan 9, 2019
    Omg I love the emerald ring!!! Details on the setting?

Haha lentil is the best ring name EVER!! I love it.

Diamond Girl 21 likes this.
  18. Diamond Girl 21
    Rough_Rock

by Diamond Girl 21 » Jan 9, 2019
    20190109_123546.jpg 20190109_123539.jpg

19. pearaffair
    Brilliant_Rock

by pearaffair » Jan 9, 2019
    Frankenstein has never looked so good!! Feel free to post more pics, it’s a beauty!

Diamond Girl 21 likes this.
  20. mrs-b
    Ideal_Rock

by mrs-b » Jan 9, 2019
    I've worn all of these with a wedding-ring-style band, making them a wedding set. Well, not the AVC, granted. But when it's set it will definitely be in the wedding-set rotation!

20190109_131233.jpg

20190109_131417.jpg

Acinom, KristyDarling, eapj and 2 others like this.
  21. Rhino
    Ideal_Rock
    Trade

by Rhino » Jan 9, 2019
    The proportions and/or a model of it.

AV_ likes this.
  22. diamondseeker2006
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by diamondseeker2006 » Jan 9, 2019
    Wait! What happened to your cushion halo??? I loved that ring!

23. diamondseeker2006
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by diamondseeker2006 » Jan 9, 2019
    Aside from my original e-ring that I haven't worn since my first upgrade, I have technically have three engagement rings: AVR in a solitaire and antique asscher in CVB setting. The newest is a light yellow AVR in a CVB Casablanca halo. I don't wear the newest two much, although I adore the rings! I justify having them because I have two daughters and two granddaughters so far. But I fear these are going to be too large for them unless they wait until they are much older to wear them. Their e-rings are around a carat which is above average for where we live. I do debate about downsizing...crazy talk for a PSer, I know! lol!

AVRandAntiqueAsscher.jpg
    IMG_3521(Edited).jpg

24. mrs-b
    Ideal_Rock

by mrs-b » Jan 9, 2019
    @diamondseeker2006 - you don't consider your cluster AVC to be in this category? I LOVE that ring!

25. AV_
    Brilliant_Rock

by AV_ » Jan 10, 2019
    This will be fun!

This is it - right in the middle of it all: WWW

Let me follow up properly...

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  26. diamondseeker2006
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by diamondseeker2006 » Jan 11, 2019
    Thank you! Yes, honestly I prefer wearing all my rings on my left hand ring finger, so in that respect, that one could be considered an alternate engagement ring, too! Here it is with some friends!

IMG_1990 b.jpg

27. Mamabean
    Ideal_Rock

by Mamabean » Jan 11, 2019
    :lickout: Yummy!

28. mrs-b
    Ideal_Rock

by mrs-b » Jan 11, 2019
    @diamondseeker2006 -

Siiiiiiigh.... :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

I'm with you, as you know, in that I only wear rings on my wedding finger. Nothing else, nowhere else, ever. So ALL my rings have matching bands - the typical example being the curved, fitted band I had made to go with my opal ring. So I hear you on that.

But I have to say - that cluster is my favorite of all your rings - all of which are sublime. I really hope you don't mind, but I'm considering a similar-tho-not-identical arrangement with my AVC. The band would be very different and the melee will be the same color as the center stone, and the whole thing set in either rose or peach gold. But your ring is my absolute inspiration ring, and I'm thinking of copying you shamelessly...IF I can find warm OECs, which to this point, has been difficult to the point of impossible. So we'll see.

But - again - your AVC in that stunning CvB setting is just too too TOO! Love it.

Thank you for the photo. :wavey:

29. soxfan
    Ideal_Rock

30. diamondseeker2006
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by diamondseeker2006 » Jan 11, 2019
    I think that's a great plan for your AVC! I'd be happy for you to use mine as inspiration, of course! The only thing I would say is that a whiter OEC halo is going to highlight the color of the center stone more than a matching color, if you can even find them. But I am sure it would be beautiful either way!