shape
carat
color
clarity

How many “carats” for the 40th School Reunion ?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
10385BBF-41CD-498E-9EB0-031E50880C17.jpeg I got this :lol:
:lol::lol:

Ok. I'm not sure Melanie would go here....
scratchhead.gif
:bigsmile: ;))

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love love love that jumpsuit.
But I’m probably a bit old and fat for it, though my 16 year old size “8AA” bust now as a “14GGG” could rock that clevage :lol:

:lol-2:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bron honey, less is more. In your case you have EVERY RIGHT to be a total showoff :) BUT I would do it in a way that they don't say that obviously you have low self esteem. Okay 50 is good no more and do you have a chanel or vuitton bag? subtlety is the name of the game, like as in eff you all and hahaha with a twist of class. I can be a real bi--h when I wanted to show off to the bi---s from high school at my 40th.. and I did.. it's like a bucket list item that one checks off :) my sister went to an all girls high school.. she wouldn't go to her 40th and she was totally popular, a queen, and nice but fearful... paybacks are good, with class. Congrats girl you only have 60 more to go!!! You deserve to show off gems.. You aren't and never were 'miss mess it up' mean girls very mean. have fun, you are a classy lady.

The 40th School Reunion is in 2 weeks. It was a girls school btw.
It’s been a bit “weird”. We’ve all been sort of “catching up with others” on line by posting up photos of our kids and pets and favourite garden plant etc. The tone with some got rather “boastful” which I didn’t like and then when a thread started with “post up your engagement ring”, I didn’t join in on that one.
OMG it sure wasn’t nice or kind, unlike here on Pricescope, one even went so far as to declare herself “Winner, ha ha, mines the biggest”.
So the bullies with their cattiness and bitchiness are still trying to make people feel “small”. I was bullied unmercifully back then by this “alpha” group because I was a shy type and into books and athletics, not makeup, boys, parties etc.
And then I cop a nasty comment from said self declared winner with her 3 carat diamond....
“ Hey Mess it up, (the awful name they used to tease me with) did you even get an engagement ring?”

So is wearing 50 carats of diamonds to the event too much or not enough?

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ha! a good place to be since you will be peeing in your pants from laughter!

I know, unbelievable isn’t it.
There’s this “alpha group” and they are still “lording over everyone” - they decided the date, the venue, they decided the food, the drink AND the seating arrangements. So yeah, I’m on like table 23 near the toilets!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And then when you get there you can say to miss Fu-- Head, well I didn't want anyone to feel bad about the size of their stone... I am evil

p.s. I would NOT post any pics of your ring or anything else. Let it be a delicious surprise. ::)

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow, I'll take one of each girl! :) hugs to you... you'll be fine..just have fun, small digs with a few zingers.. remember this !!! have fun with your bestie is the best revenge.

10385BBF-41CD-498E-9EB0-031E50880C17.jpeg I got this :lol:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry for what you’ve been through. I am in awe of your strength.

vintageloves

Shiny_Rock
I think wearing a ton of diamonds to show up this woman just kind of rubber stamps the idea that having that stuff makes a person more successful and more superior. And it won't work. She'll be whispering about how they're fake, or tacky, or your husband buys you a carat each time he takes on a new mistress.

I think the best revenge is to ignore her. Nothing her. She's no one to you. Wear what you normally would and if she talks to you act like something very interesting is happening on the other side of the room and beg off when she's in the middle of a sentence.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As many as you can carry without falling over.

As for the bullies, they are miserable and hate themselves, hurt people hurt other people, it's their problem not yours.

Reminds me of this quote:

That's the best revenge of all: happiness. Nothing drives people crazier than seeing someone have a good f**king life." ~ Chuck Palahniuk, author of Fight Club and several other novels.

You're a wonderful person Bron, those bullies will never be even half the woman you are.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have so much to be proud of Bron and I'm not talking the diamonds, porsh, etc. The fact that you are going to help a friend is such a lovely
personality trait. I would pick out a few classic pieces (including Bea...not sure if you renamed her). If anyone comments, you can say you decided
to give most of your jewels the night off. :mrgreen2::lol-2:

Kill 'em with class!

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
For what it’s worth, Janis Joplin was bullied in high school and she decided to go to her reunion because, hey, she was JANIS JOPLIN.
The poor girl was still shown no respect, in fact she left worse off then when she came.
Moral of story, you can’t change narrow minded mean people. They have low self esteem and the only food that fuels them is by making other people feel bad.
Take a handsome guy on your arm..... that would be payback since they will be with their old, overweight husbands! Now that would get their goat!!!!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
A3A31067-E2F6-43A4-9B4A-2C3A8B373C95.jpeg
Yeah, if only I could whip my gems up into a 30 carat plus Burmese Ruby and sapphire bracelet in 2 weeks !

Some simple settings would be possible for a workshop with little else to do.

Last edited:

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Bron, you are my hero - you can bench press 80kgs! But seriously, you are an amazing and generous person/friend. You are really being a guardian angel to your friend. I can't imagine how difficult attending would be without you helping her.

I am sorry you were bullied terribly in high school. It is awful what they did to you. To leave you injured at the foot of the stairs is beyond comprehension.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bron , You have one of the most beautiful collections I have ever seen. Your pieces remind me of pieces royalty would wear.

At the end of the day, what the people you care about at the reunion will remember is how kind you still are. I will take people having that memory of me over she has great jewelry any day of the week. Jewelry, cars and bags are just things. Kindness is your heart. My guess is these women have gone on to hurt many other people in their lives.

It must be exhausting to feel the need to make others feel as though you have the best of everything in your life. The reality is no one does, but that doesn’t mean we aren’t extremely grateful and happy for the lives we have made for ourselves. Very few of us get thru life without their being bumps in the road.

The last reunion I attended. I found out one of my oldest friends was sick. My mom has pictures of us sitting on the floor eating from a box of Cheerios when we were 3. He was a huge support to me when my parents divorced when I was a teen. He is a great man. We were all laughing at the reunion remembering funny things we had all done together. He walked me to my car after the reunion and told me he had been diagnosed with prostate cancer that had spread to his colon the week before. I was so grateful his wife had told him he needed to tell me.

Have fun at your reunion with the people who matter to you.

Last edited:

AV_

Ideal_Rock

ctd.

I would wear an all-ruby step cut three stone and ruby earrings. No diamonds involved.

I have noticed this look done in emeralds months ago - something to remember!

Miss Marple

Shiny_Rock
@Bron357 so sorry to hear the mean girl is still acting like a mean girl. She may have done you a favor by being nasty in advance. Now that you know what to expect, you can be fully prepared. I'd like to think that, in your shoes, and after getting gleeful thoughts of petty revenge out of my system, that I would be able to go to the reunion and put her in her place in the classiest way possible--dressing up in a way that made me feel confident and powerful -- whether it's dripping with jewels or a few select items. And clothing absolutely perfectly tailored to suit my today body the best.

Then, in my imagined conversation, when the nastiness began, I would look at her with my best lady of the manor haughty, yet pitying look. I would then say something like, "I'm so sorry to see that your life apparently hit a brick wall after high school, because I can't otherwise imagine why an adult would need to resort to high school-level mean girl tactics."

I would follow up by sweetly thanking her for being so thoughtful as to make sure friend was seated near the toilets, to avoid the awkwardness of navigating between tables with a wheelchair.

And if she made comments about how my jewels must be fakes, I would look at her with surprise and state that I'm gobsmacked that anybody with as much interest in jewelry that she seems to have cannot tell with a look whether diamonds are real or fake.

Finally, if she made a comment about how everything must have been rented for the evening, I would respond with something like, why would you ever think that. Followed by a look as if I've just had a flash of understanding, and then say, oh, I guess you thought that because that's what you did? And move on.

Ok, I might als accidentally on purpose feel the need to stretch my legs when she was walking by to get to the toilets in such a way that she tripped.

But that's my little fantasy. I hope that, whatever you choose to do, you enjoy the evening with your friends. Putting her in her place would merely be an added bonus.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
"Oh - hallo ___! I didn't recognize you - you've gained so much weight!"

Ok, only kidding.

Goodness... I missed reading this one :whistle:

We both know that fine rubies can be worth more than diamonds, but those ladies won't.

True enough. One way to let everyone see what they wish to see :sleep:

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE Pricescope soooooo much.
Ladies (and gents) who are “virtual” friends yet all so kind and supportive.
It’s awful isn’t it, how bullying does stay with your all your life and can “reduce” you when you aren’t expecting it to.
I think that is what shocked me, that this awful women with a few words could still stick “the knife” in me, twist it and have me gasp in pain and shock.
I did enough psychology subjects at Uni to know what that says about her and none of it is good.
I am very fortunate, I do have a lovely collection of jewels, most of which I worked hard to save up for - sometimes choosing jewels over holidays or new cars. I had a successful career and my DH is supportive even if he doesn’t get why I need 54 vintage ladies watches!
To be honest I wasn’t even going to wear my engagement ring to the event. Let alone be dripping diamonds.
You see I know that some of my school friends are experiencing harder times, divorce, unemployment, significant health problems, children with drug problems, victims of domestic abuse, mourning the loss of family or regretting that they were never able to create one.
I’m the last person who wants to make someone else feel inadequate or less or scream out “look at me, look how successful and loved and clever and rich I am compared to you”.
It’s enough I know who I am and I am proud of myself for me.
And you can be sure that my table will be the BEST table. I will entertain everyone with my best stories, my funniest stories (did I mention I once did Stand up Comedy as a joke ha ha) and we will all fall about laughing and cry tears of joy. I will probably snort my wine out my nose, go to sit down and miss the seat, forget my handbag handle is through the chair leg and accidentally drag the chair with me to the loo. And I will laugh harder at myself than anyone else. We will have to be hushed quiet multiple times during the boring, self serving speeches from the old prefects because we will be having too much FUN.
And all those bullies and losers will be excluded and have to watch the Party go down from afar.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s awful isn’t it, how bullying does stay with your all your life and can “reduce” you when you aren’t expecting it to.
I think that is what shocked me, that this awful women with a few words could still stick “the knife” in me, twist it and have me gasp in pain and shock.
I did enough psychology subjects at Uni to know what that says about her and none of it is good.
I am very fortunate, I do have a lovely collection of jewels, most of which I worked hard to save up for - sometimes choosing jewels over holidays or new cars. I had a successful career and my DH is supportive even if he doesn’t get why I need 54 vintage ladies watches!
To be honest I wasn’t even going to wear my engagement ring to the event. Let alone be dripping diamonds.
You see I know that some of my school friends are experiencing harder times, divorce, unemployment, significant health problems, children with drug problems, victims of domestic abuse, mourning the loss of family or regretting that they were never able to create one.
I’m the last person who wants to make someone else feel inadequate or less or scream out “look at me, look how successful and loved and clever and rich I am compared to you”.
And you can be sure that my table will be the BEST table. I will entertain everyone with my best stories, my funniest stories (did I mention I once did Stand up Comedy as a joke ha ha) and we will all fall about laughing and cry tears of joy. I will probably snort my wine out my nose, go to sit down and miss the seat, forget my handbag handle is through the chair leg and accidentally drag the chair with me to the loo. And I will laugh harder at myself than anyone else. We will have to be hushed quiet multiple times during the boring, self serving speeches from the old prefects because we will be having too much FUN.
And all those bullies and losers will be excluded and have to watch the Party go down from afar.

Of course. You possess sense and sensibility.

But honestly a little whipped crème (pie) in the face never hurt anyone.:P2 Just sayin'....

cheers--Sharon

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Of course. You possess sense and sensibility.

But honestly a little whipped crème (pie) in the face never hurt anyone.:P2 Just sayin'....

cheers--Sharon

oh%20thwap.gif

Bron, you've "got it" alright, regardless of what you do or don't wear. ;))

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just an idea, but if it resonates with you, it might be worth thinking of.

I have a small group of gal pals and we usually have a yearly get together and I typically I will put together some relatively lux gift bags for them. Most of them are still paying off school or loans of various sort or don’t have a lot of disposable income, and being generous also makes me happy. I usually make little baggies with Lush brand bath products, or nice face masks or body lotions or the curated sets from Sephora. Sometimes I’ll do a nice bracelet or little Coach wristlets.

So maybe instead of showing up dripping in diamonds if that’s not your typical style anyways, bring some nice (enviable) goody bags for the friends you’re looking forward to seeing again? Not only does it “show” your success but it also shows your kindness and generousity, and gives you a chance to help your friends who are going through a hard time indulge a bit in some self care with nice products they might not otherwise get themselves.

Side bonus: all Ms Mean Girls friends will wish they were friends with you instead of her.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
4EE634BD-50D9-4E80-9688-7ECBF7A6F846.jpeg 11FD2FDD-4CA4-4DF5-9A5B-8B108FA75926.jpeg
Just an idea, but if it resonates with you, it might be worth thinking of.

I have a small group of gal pals and we usually have a yearly get together and I typically I will put together some relatively lux gift bags for them. Most of them are still paying off school or loans of various sort or don’t have a lot of disposable income, and being generous also makes me happy. I usually make little baggies with Lush brand bath products, or nice face masks or body lotions or the curated sets from Sephora. Sometimes I’ll do a nice bracelet or little Coach wristlets.

So maybe instead of showing up dripping in diamonds if that’s not your typical style anyways, bring some nice (enviable) goody bags for the friends you’re looking forward to seeing again? Not only does it “show” your success but it also shows your kindness and generousity, and gives you a chance to help your friends who are going through a hard time indulge a bit in some self care with nice products they might not otherwise get themselves.

Side bonus: all Ms Mean Girls friends will wish they were friends with you instead of her.
I’m making more of these dangles. I recycle old earrings and broken bead necklaces into them.
These are what I make for the greyhound charity I support (and why I got my gem haul because it had beads in it I could use) people like them as handbag or key “dangles’ or for dresssing up your dog collar.
And I order a heap of snap tite earring settings that I’m still waiting on. I’m going to put some of those wee Tanzanite and Rubelite into earrings.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I can't be the only one who'd want to see everybody wearing their best. Good for friends, good against foes.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sorry Bron. I didn't read all the replies, so if this is repeated a hundred times forgive me. It just pushes all my buttons, this kind of rudeness.

Wear the outfit that you feel beautiful in, and the jewels you love. Refuse to compare with her. Life is not a competition even if some want to make it feel that way. Your value is not based on how much money you have, or how you look or even how stylish you are. It is who you are inside. Kindness is priceless. Love is priceless. All the other stuff can be gone in a quick minute. If you want to go, enjoy your friends and the good memories you have with them and don't give this woman a thought.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bravo Bron! Wonderful attitude! I wish I could come and sit at table 23! :appl::wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results