shape
carat
color
clarity

How many “carats” for the 40th School Reunion ?

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This just keeps bringing to mind that saying “some people peak in high school” it really is such a shame that this woman has to hurt other to make herself feel better.

I am truly sorry that she hurt you, sometimes the past can have a terrible hold over us. I hope you go and have the time of your life! If she even tries to us that nasty nickname you need to remind her that you are a grown woman and not a child and that she can address you as Mrs. [insert last name] you are not friends so even the use of your first name is too familiar.

Also I’m secretly hoping you accidentally spill your drink on her :whistle:

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This just keeps bringing to mind that saying “some people peak in high school” it really is such a shame that this woman has to hurt other to make herself feel better.

I am truly sorry that she hurt you, sometimes the past can have a terrible hold over us. I hope you go and have the time of your life! If she even tries to us that nasty nickname you need to remind her that you are a grown woman and not a child and that she can address you as Mrs. [insert last name] you are not friends so even the use of your first name is too familiar.

Also I’m secretly hoping you accidentally spill your drink on her :whistle:

OMG YES! Half of the people I know peaked in high school. They are desperately trying to get it back though their kids, though. It's so pathetic. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As Mrs. DIAMONDS. :mrgreen2:

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I agree with others that you should wear whatever diamonds you would have worn if this online stuff had never happened. Doing anything else let's this woman determine your behavior, and no one should do that but you. Mean girls only have power if you give it to them so do what YOU want and don't give it to her.

Here's where I differ from most. I agree that you should be classy, but one of the CLASSIEST things you could do is to call out and stop that mean girl stuff from her or her friends if it starts up again online or at the reunion. You're standing up for yourself and all their other victims. There isn't anything classier than that. And it does make a difference. Bullies don't like to be called out, but if you do and you do it with grace and calm, it will make a difference especially for you. You will feel great about yourself, and others who were bullied will be grateful.

Do you think you could do that? If not, I'd seriously consider not going because you're likely to be victimized again. It's nice to want to support a friend, but maybe neither of you should go if you're just going to be made to feel badly again.

Oh, and if I went, I'd tell them it's been 40 years, you're parents and grandparents now, and everyone should be able to sit where they want. Then sit wherever you want. Again, they only have power if you give it to them.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love:
Thank you everyone for your lovely comments.
I was feeling a bit raw last night.
It was so upsetting that this *piece of sh*** could just take me back to those awful school days with just a few words. I would have liked to think I was “over it”.
Don’t laugh, but I was even thinking of taking my Presidum “CZ you dare say! Well watch this!”
But yes, I’m better than that. I have nothing to prove to her or anyone else.
I’ve always been reticent to “show my stuff” except here because we all love to see and admire other beautiful sparkles. I know not everyone is fortunate, some people are struggling financially, emotionally and/or physically.
Here in Australia we call it “Tall poppy syndrome”, Aussies can be quick to cut down and reduce anyone who is “better than them” with snide remarks or sarcasm. Almost a national sport unfortunately.
And I’ll share this here *bit upsetting*
At 16 I was a State level sprinter, like running 100m in around 12 seconds. As a late developer, at 16 I hadn’t even reached my full potential. I had quite a “promising” future.
Unfortunately I had a bad fall, tripping on steps, and fractured my foot. A career ending injury unfortunately. That was devasting of course as I went back to school in plaster and on crutches.
The nasty group, just joking of course, ha ha, grabbed the back of my backpack as I was trying to go down a flight of stairs at school causing me to lose my balance and fall head first down the flight of stairs, breaking my wrist.
I turned around after falling and they had all disappeared. And as it was mid class, I lay at the bottom of the stairs in the stairwell for what seemed like hours, probably just a few minutes, until someone else came upon me and an ambulance was called and off to hospital I went. I then was basically bed bound for 6 weeks as I couldn’t use crutches with a broken wrist.
They never admitted to it, they denied even being there when I fell and seeing as I had already had an accidental fall (breaking my foot) the school Principal suggested that I was just clumsy and was “imagining” that I had been pushed.
Kids do dumb stuff, sometimes “joking around” it goes really badly BUT it was the leaving me there all alone and injured, then denying they had even been there and making me look like a liar that I’ll never forgive.
And in 2 weeks I’m going to be in the same room as these nasty people.
40 years later it’s not wise to “play jokes on me”.
In the intervening 40 years amongst other things, I did about 10 years of Karate, I did another 10 years of weight training. I did kick boxing as well.
I remember walking along a street a night alone (a while ago now) and a guy, a friend, spotted me and with a few drinks under his belt and his mates egging him on, thought it would be funny to “play a joke and give me a bit of a fright” by suddenly putting his hand on my shoulder. He was rewarded, in a split second reaction, with a king hit knocking him out and breaking his jaw. Yep, and he was a policeman, off duty with his policemen mates who all stood their mouths open big enough to drive a truck through!
So that’s actually why I’m going and helping my friend with MS. Without her transfer device, she has to be picked up out of her wheelchair to sit in a seat / and use the toilet. I might be 57 but I can still bench press about 80kgs so I’m up for the task of lifting her as no one else has my physical strength. Without me she wouldn’t be able to go.
And this is the “show” those nasty types will see.
I’ll be arriving in the Porsche dripping with diamonds, wearing my Chanel carrying my Hermès AND then I’m going to pick Jenny up out of her wheelchair and put her on her seat.
And somehow I don’t think those nasty girls are coming to come anywhere near me!
It wouldn’t be wise.
And I’m laughing inside, because they honestly put my seat as being on the outside on the table right near the toilets. So those women are going to have to walk right past me to use the bathroom. Ha ha, maybe I’ll just drop and do a few warm up pushups as they walk past and be standing there as they have to walk back out again.
Either that or go in, kick a toilet door off it’s hinges (I could do this you know) and say “oops so sorry, didn’t realize this stall was occupied,” ha ha

Last edited:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
You made me think of what I did with would-be bullies through the ages ... It all hurt, yet, I did give as good as I had gotten, making a few perpetrators famous for reasons not of their choosing.

As Mrs. DIAMONDS.

Humour is a great peace-maker & this is good, IHMO...

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I heart you!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
:love:
Thank you everyone for your lovely comments.
I was feeling a bit raw last night.
It was so upsetting that this *piece of sh*** could just take me back to those awful school days with just a few words. I would have liked to think I was “over it”.
Don’t laugh, but I was even thinking of taking my Presidum “CZ you dare say! Well watch this!”
But yes, I’m better than that. I have nothing to prove to her or anyone else.
I’ve always been reticent to “show my stuff” except here because we all love to see and admire other beautiful sparkles. I know not everyone is fortunate, some people are struggling financially, emotionally and/or physically.
Here in Australia we call it “Tall poppy syndrome”, Aussies can be quick to cut down and reduce anyone who is “better than them” with snide remarks or sarcasm. Almost a national sport unfortunately.
And I’ll share this here *bit upsetting*
At 16 I was a State level sprinter, like running 100m in around 12 seconds. As a late developer, at 16 I hadn’t even reached my full potential. I had quite a “promising” future.
Unfortunately I had a bad fall, tripping on steps, and fractured my foot. A career ending injury unfortunately. That was devasting of course as I went back to school in plaster and on crutches.
The nasty group, just joking of course, ha ha, grabbed the back of my backpack as I was trying to go down a flight of stairs at school causing me to lose my balance and fall head first down the flight of stairs, breaking my wrist.
I turned around after falling and they had all disappeared. And as it was mid class, I lay at the bottom of the stairs in the stairwell for what seemed like hours, probably just a few minutes, until someone else came upon me and an ambulance was called and off to hospital I went. I then was basically bed bound for 6 weeks as I couldn’t use crutches with a broken wrist.
They never admitted to it, they denied even being there when I fell and seeing as I had already had an accidental fall (breaking my foot) the school Principal suggested that I was just clumsy and was “imagining” that I had been pushed.
Kids do dumb stuff, sometimes “joking around” it goes really badly BUT it was the leaving me there all alone and injured, then denying they had even been there and making me look like a liar that I’ll never forgive.
And in 2 weeks I’m going to be in the same room as these nasty people.
40 years later it’s not wise to “play jokes on me”.
In the intervening 40 years amongst other things, I did about 10 years of Karate, I did another 10 years of weight training. I did kick boxing as well.
I remember walking along a street a night alone (a while ago now) and a guy, a friend, spotted me and with a few drinks under his belt and his mates egging him on, thought it would be funny to “play a joke and give me a bit of a fright” by suddenly putting his hand on my shoulder. He was rewarded, in a split second reaction, with a king hit knocking him out and breaking his jaw. Yep, and he was a policeman, off duty with his policemen mates who all stood their mouths open big enough to drive a truck through!
So that’s actually why I’m going and helping my friend with MS. Without her transfer device, she has to be picked up out of her wheelchair to sit in a seat / and use the toilet. I might be 57 but I can still bench press about 80kgs so I’m up for the task of lifting her as no one else has my physical strength. Without me she wouldn’t be able to go.
I’ll be arriving in the Porsche dripping with diamonds, wearing my Chanel carrying my Hermès AND then I’m going to pick Jenny up out of her wheelchair and put her on her seat.
And somehow I don’t think those nasty girls are coming to come anywhere near me!

It wouldn’t be wise.
:appl::appl:

Wow, you've been through so much, and come out of it all the more wiser. Good for you.

DO have a wonderful time!
1237379fdqxrvb3f5.gif

AV_

Ideal_Rock

(we were writing in the same time)

Some story! I cannot immagine loosing a gift like yours for running...

Your nemesis were cowards, the Principal, unprincipled. They all might still feel as if they need to cover it all up. Idiot lot.

2p

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It wouldn’t be wise.
And I’m laughing inside, because they honestly put my seat as being on the outside on the table right near the toilets. So those women are going to have to walk right past me to use the bathroom. Ha ha, maybe I’ll just drop and do a few warm up pushups as they walk past and be standing there as they have to walk back out again.
Either that or go in, kick a toilet door off it’s hinges (I could do this you know) and say “oops so sorry, didn’t realize this stall was occupied,” ha ha
So what you're saying is that you're pretty damn awesome, at least from where I'm sitting ;)) :D

It would be a terrible shame if one of the guilty parties accidently slipped over in the bathroom on a wet floor while no-one else was around! ;-)

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Damn girl!! What I wouldn’t give to be a fly on that bathroom wall! Take no prisoners Bron! “It’s payback time!” :lol: (You’ve got this Honey)

greenteabiscuit

Rough_Rock
Haven’t read all the posts yet but if you do go wearing all the bling, it might be a good idea to be prepared for situations where the bully will take over the situation, e.g.
- bully claiming your bling is all fake and speak louder than you and you dont get a chance to say anything about them being real
- bully making fun of you for taking up the “keeping up with the joneses” joke on fb seriously and trying to outwin everyone
- bully saying how crassy it is to be wearing everything they had on them (i have more at home but dont wear them all because I am classy like that, etc)...

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haven’t read all the posts yet but if you do go wearing all the bling, it might be a good idea to be prepared for situations where the bully will take over the situation, e.g.
- bully claiming your bling is all fake and speak louder than you and you dont get a chance to say anything about them being real
- bully making fun of you for taking up the “keeping up with the joneses” joke on fb seriously and trying to outwin everyone
- bully saying how crassy it is to be wearing everything they had on them (i have more at home but dont wear them all because I am classy like that, etc)...
No offense intended toward you. I know you mean well here, but why should we care what this woman says or does? That’s walking on egg shells and empowering her. Geez it’s time to act like a grown up and not a high school sophomore. Bron can shut her down if she has to. Too much drama with high school reunions if you ask me. :eek2:

Reactions: AV_

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And I be like
Oh, I know a little bit about diamonds
“So, this is the winning 3 carat diamond? ”
Pulling out digital calipers measures diamond
“I don’t think so, more like 2 and a half”.
Pulls out Loupe
“Hmm, not ideal cut, not hearts and arrows, HCA score over 2 maybe even up to 3 I’d say - that’s treally bad btw - and gosh inclusions are everywhere - clarity, hmmm only an SI 2”
Put her diamond alongside the one I’m wearing
“Oh dear, look how yellow it looks alongside my G near colourless, so probably a J or lower”
Pulls out UV light,
“Shame, no fluorescence, that would have made it look better”.
Sigh.
“And I do so hope you didn’t pay more than $10,000 for it because otherwise you were ripped off big time”!
Smile
“Anyone else wanting an appraisal?”

AV_

Ideal_Rock
...if you do go wearing all the bling...

Not that it makes sense to pacify a bully - they'd martir you & call to be aplauded for grieving after :pray:

A couple of large stones are never trying too hard ::)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dress casually but chic and bold. Discreet Hermes handbag. Let the bling speak for you. Not lots but make sure what is on counts. Got VCA? Throw on a 10 motif necklace. Super nude and short nails so you look like you’re not even trying. This stuff? It’s what I throw on every day. And completely ignore them, like they don’t exist. And sounds like you’ve got toned arms. Show off those guns.
As those whatevers? They just gotta get a life. You already have one.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don’t let them win. Wear only what you would have anyway. And if that horrible nickname gets used again or any other nasty remarks get made, calmly turn to her, look her dead in eye, and say in a firm but I mean business voice “I didn’t appreciate that kind of behavior from you then, and I don’t now.” (Or say it online if it comes out there again).

Bullies always back down when they encounter those who are not insecure and who will not tolerate their BS. You don’t need over the top trappings of wealth to be good enough (and it will radiate insecurity if you go that route). Your pieces are absolutely stunning, but are probably way too much for this event. Choose something tasteful and classy, and be tasteful and classy, but have a zero tolerance policy for b*tchiness.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sad you had to go through that as a child. I would honestly call that person or any others out as a bully and a bitch, and say wow, it's really remarkable that in 30+ years you still clearly haven't managed to become a decent person.

Last edited:

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
10385BBF-41CD-498E-9EB0-031E50880C17.jpeg I got this :lol:

OMG OMG OMG Please wear those fabulous earrings and necklace! :kiss2: I would rock that with a nice classy dress or a fun jumpsuit

949D78FF-EAB0-44A6-A083-1109C81D9624.png

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whatever you do, just don’t tell them you invented Post-Its. (Totally watching Romy & Michelle’s High School Reunion!)

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Whatever you do, just don’t tell them you invented Post-Its. (Totally watching Romy & Michelle’s High School Reunion!)

Haha I just watched that recently as well

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG OMG OMG Please wear those fabulous earrings and necklace! :kiss2: I would rock that with a nice classy dress or a fun jumpsuit

949D78FF-EAB0-44A6-A083-1109C81D9624.png
I love love love that jumpsuit.
But I’m probably a bit old and fat for it, though my 16 year old size “8AA” bust now as a “14GGG” could rock that clevage :lol:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"Oh - hallo ___! I didn't recognize you - you've gained so much weight!"

Ok, only kidding.

My 40th school reunion (Hornsby Girls High School) was last year, and altho I didn't go (bit of a commute to get there!), from what I hear and the photos I saw it was FULL of kindness and none of that kind of posturing. The thing that really DID strike me was how ooooold everyone looked, and how the best looking girls in high school were every bit as old as the rest of us, and just as tubby. Jewelry can't make up for saggy jowls, which I'm sure these women know, which is no doubt why they're comparing RINGS beforehand - trying to shift the competitive ground to somewhere they might 'win'. Which means they're afraid they're going to 'lose' somewhere else.

This is a highly tedious way to live. Making life an ongoing competition is just exhausting. You know this, so avoid joining in - by either winning OR losing. Go, see the people you want to see, ignore and avoid the rest. Table 23 will have a lot more fun than table 1; living a life where you have to be better than everyone else is soul destroying. I wouldn't feel sorry for said mean girls - they picked their path - but, by golly, they must be ugly and desolate inside their heads, whereas, with your generosity and decency, we here on PS have seen many times how beautiful and verdant you are on the inside. Take your kindness and dignity to this reunion, and let people enjoy you. But don't be afraid to stand up to the people who don't (or can't!) enjoy who you are; you can do this without a yelling match or throwing a punch.

You said it was a girls' school... You didn't go to Meriden by any chance, did you?

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Bron357 :dance:

You're right, you have TOTALLY got this! The car, the bag, the diamonds and then, THEN, the huge & good heart, helping your friend from chair to chair without a care or worry in the world, not least for your diamonds ("these old things? They're only diamonds so who cares if one snags whilst I'm helping my good friend here...") I would love to be a fly on the wall near to The Bitch so I could hear her mumbled snidey comments!

Please update us. On everything!! :appl:

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ok, only kidding.

My 40th school reunion (Hornsby Girls High School) was last year, and altho I didn't go (bit of a commute to get there!), from what I hear and the photos I saw it was FULL of kindness and none of that kind of posturing. The thing that really DID strike me was how ooooold everyone looked, and how the best looking girls in high school were every bit as old as the rest of us, and just as tubby. Jewelry can't make up for saggy jowls, which I'm sure these women know, which is no doubt why they're comparing RINGS beforehand - trying to shift the competitive ground to somewhere they might 'win'. Which means they're afraid they're going to 'lose' somewhere else.

This is a highly tedious way to live. Making life an ongoing competition is just exhausting. You know this, so avoid joining in - by either winning OR losing. Go, see the people you want to see, ignore and avoid the rest. Table 23 will have a lot more fun than table 1; living a life where you have to be better than everyone else is soul destroying. I wouldn't feel sorry for said mean girls - they picked their path - but, by golly, they must be ugly and desolate inside their heads, whereas, with your generosity and decency, we here on PS have seen many times how beautiful and verdant you are on the inside. Take your kindness and dignity to this reunion, and let people enjoy you. But don't be afraid to stand up to the people who don't (or can't!) enjoy who you are; you can do this without a yelling match or throwing a punch.

You said it was a girls' school... You didn't go to Meriden by any chance, did you?
OMG same part of the world as you! It was Roseville Ladies College (but they were no ladies! ).
Being athletic (and a tomboy) I had some male mates from Shore (I used to do running training with the Rugby guys) so I got “bullied” by the Ravenswood and PLC Pymble girls as well because Roseville wasnt a “proper” private school and I think they were jealous I was hanging with all the hunky guys!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ok, only kidding.

Oh and I’ll add this too, you’re Aussie and my vintage ha ha - do you remember Mark Holden of pop music fame?
Well I was a great one for digging my “own grave”.
At the school formal I didn’t have a boyfriend of course so I had asked a male mate along. He ended up injured (football of course - blackmeye, broken nose - lovely) and couldn’t go so he got his older brother - studying Medicine mind you - to take me. The big brother turns up at my house in his Triumph Stag (remember them?) and NO P plates (he was like 21 I think) and he was a gob smacking dead ringer looks wise for Mark Holden.
So when the other girls picked their jaws up off the ground (they thought he WAS Mark Holden) I got to say “no, he’s not a lame pop singer he’s studying Medicine!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results