shape
carat
color
clarity

How many “carats” for the 40th School Reunion ?

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's really funny how these ladies brought a knife to a gun fight on this topic. No one could possibly out-bling you.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bron, take the highroad. Don’t let her make you feel as though you need to stoop to her level. As hard as it may be, be yourself without any thought to who is around. Wear what you’re comfortable with on a regular basis. Support the friends as you intend to. And if the mean bitch says anything else to you, you can always respond with “bless your heart… you never really grew up, did you?“

My gut feeling is that if you show up dripping in diamonds or other beautiful jewels she would accuse you, either to your face or in a catty way with a group of friends, of them all being fake and having been bought just for the occasion to try to show her up. There is no winning with people like that when you try to play their game. Besides, her behavior just continues to show how isolated, lonely, and worthless she feels without putting others down to make herself feel better. Find your comfort in that. You won in the game of life =)2

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with Ellen. I would also find a simple black dress (classic), get a great pair of shoes, and wear 3 classic pieces of jewelry (I love your engagement ring and your art deco bracelet). Wear pieces that are meaningful, that will give you strength and are blindingly beautiful. Classy and strong. And when you are there, focus on the people, conversations and relationships that matter- shut the door on the toxic and immature mindset.
Definitely. It's classy, and black showcases diamonds so well.
nails.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would wear what makes you feel awesome. There’s usually no winning with these sorts of people, and you wouldn’t want the friends who do know you and who you like to think you’re being ostentatious and not yourself just to get a reaction out of people you don’t respect or like. I would worry that after an initial rush of glee you might spend the rest of the time feeling self conscious if you don’t usually wear that much bling.

Like they say, the best revenge is a life well lived. Being strong and happy with where you are in life will shine brighter than any amount of bling.

I was an “outsider” in high school, very goth punk + nerd = universal weirdo. But honestly I always felt grateful to feel free. I’d see these girls putting on shows for one another and wonder if they even had a sense of what they wanted or if they were just competing to act out a script they didn’t even write.

These days when catty women comment on my low key fashion or lack of bling, I just low key mention I’m a doctor so have to make pragmatic choices for my day to day. What can I say, too busy saving lives to primp I guess. :twisted2::devil:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does anyone think this horrible woman would be one of the ones to outright ask "Are they real?" I can see it coming so prepare yourself @Bron357. I do agree also with the others that you should wear what you want and not for show. I was angry for you earlier. Don't giver her any power.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn't go dripping but I wouldn't go shy either - pick a happy medium with your especially favorite pieces - and concentrate on your besties - nothing else matters.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I would drip diamonds, and kindness. You will come off as the class act. Just think about how Melanie received Scarlett at the party after Scarlett was seen with Ashley. Class, with a capitol C.

I love Gone with the Wind, and think following this lead would be perfect, although personally I’m not sure I’d be mature or strong enough to manage it under the circumstances.

Second best in my book would be pretty much ignoring them as much as possible without being outright rude, whilst having a heart-felt catch-up with the friends you are going to support (and who are supporting you in the face of her unpleasant behaviour).

And I would be highly tempted to wear, or at least drop into conversation so she can hear, your amazing alex bracelet. How much better to have found such a unique piece through intelligence and knowledge, than to just have had a large diamond bought for you...

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would wear whatever you love wearing/matches with your outfit and enjoy your time with your bestie!

There is just no point with these people! Their insecurity is too deep nothing will cure them of the nastiness.

Oddly enough I have found in recent years that my extreme hippiness has scared off people like this. The hippiness is real and not an act at all but when I start pulling out containers, reusable cloths and talk about how I haven't had slippers for the past 2 winters until I wear holes in all of my socks, these types just do not know what to do/how to respond to me. One ran off at a party after I pulled out a metal straw (I avoid receiving plastic straws).

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Goodness, this classmate of yours is a piece of work. When she asks you loudly if your ring is fake, which she most likely will, laugh in her face and tell her, “That sounds like something you would say” and walk away.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you want to go? Are there people that you’d genuinely like to see and would that be enough to make the reunion enjoyable for you?
Would you be too hurt by these other toxic women?
This woman is pushing your buttons and taking you back to an emotional bad place. It’s up to you to decide if you want to subject yourself to what is still painful for you. You are not in high school anymore. Don’t allow yourself to be emotionally manipulated. Just do what feels comfortable for you.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Bron357 There is such a lot of brilliant advice in this thread. In summary:

1. Definitely dress classically & dare I say, exquisitely.
2. Wear your favourite pieces, no matter how many carats they amount to.
3. Support your friends & have a hell of a good time catching up with those you liked but haven't seen for many years - that's always so much fun!
4. Don't entertain The Bitch. If she tries to engage you, shut her down. You have a great family & a rewarding life. Turning to her with "I'm sorry, I'm not really here to chat with you..." before tuning away again is one of the biggest insults to a bully. They don't like people above them on that kind & moral high ground.
5. ENJOY YOUR PARTY!!!
6. Come back & update us as to how it all goes. My heart sank for you reading this post this morning. Nobody should make anybody feel the way she made you feel, all these years later & for no reason :angryfire:

Big hugs!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry these ladies are saying upsetting things to you. Wear whatever brings you joy, whether it is 0.5 or 50 cts. Enjoy your time with the friends you want to see and try to ignore the nasty ones.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven’t read all the posts here but will do so later today. I’m sorry this woman hurt you when you were young and apparently hasn’t grown up yet. I would wear whatever I felt comfortable in but I doubt I would wear a big rock. Bron, from your posts you are happy woman with a very nice life. People who are happy in their lives rarely go on and on about how they have the best of anything, let alone everything, like this woman has done.
Enjoy the time with the people who meant a lot to you during that part of your life at the reunion. You will have a great if you spend it mostly with those people. I would be polite to the mean woman and say you are doing good and tell her you are happy for her, and then walk away and spend the time with nice people.

You really have to feel sorry for this mean girl. Most people realize as a young adult that not everyone has a wonderful life and that life can really be hard at times. Being humble and being kind are what most people find are attractive qualities in people. This woman seems to not have learned that lesson yet. It really is pretty sad.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with what's been said already, this woman is to be pitied at this point, because she is self-centered and likely a very lonely person (because who needs friends like her?!). I would pretend like she is not there, and just smile with confidence if she approaches you! Your emerald cut diamond ring is impressive, so I would be sure she has the opportunity to see it as she passes you to go to the restroom. :lol: I'd wear a balanced, classy amount of diamonds, but the largest you have!

(Like you, I was never in the popular crowd, and I just have never had a desire to go to reunions.)

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
Bullies make me sick. I would probably take the opposite route, and if I had to go, which it seems you do because you’re an amazing person who cares about her friends, I would wear a simple gold band and call it a day.
If they think that their silly materialistic items make them big shots, they are LOSERS!!!!
If they say anything to you, I would answer back with I didn’t want to look like Astor’s pet pony like you all do!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does anyone think this horrible woman would be one of the ones to outright ask "Are they real?" I can see it coming so prepare yourself [
Bron should bring a diamond tester to prove that all her blings are REAL! :lol:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bullies feel empowered when they are in a group of like or weak minded individuals. I would avoid them and enjoy your old BFF along with the friend you are helping. Have a good time with no thoughts to this mean girl attitude.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bron you are one of the nicest, caring, thoughtful and generous persons I have ever met. Don’t play their game. Wear your beautiful ring and whatever makes you comfortable. Be the Melanie to her Scarlett because that is who you truly are. She will be undone knowing she couldn’t hurt you. You will feel better at the end of the day.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Please find this classmate and tell her very sincerely "the years have been kind to you" . Pause, then burst out laughing (ala Bill Murray). Get the ball rolling.

Just kidding!

How about a whipped crème pie?:saint::cheeky:

cheers--Sharon

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Plain and simple, imo, bullies don't like themselves. So they put you down to build themselves up.

I would drip diamonds, and kindness. You will come off as the class act. Just think about how Melanie received Scarlett at the party after Scarlett was seen with Ashley. Class, with a capitol C.

I really hope you have a wonderful time. And look at it this way. If you're sitting by the bathrooms, you'll see lots of people! :bigsmile: ;))

Yes, like Ellen said, be classy all the way. Take the high road.
Attend, and have fun with your real friends, and people that you are happy to see again.
I would not seek her out, but If you find yourself next to her, be sickeningly sweet, but make it brief.
And show off your jewels! While speaking, make sure to bring your hand up to your neck, and wave those diamonds around as you speak.
But I would ignore her if at all possible. Don't allow her to make you feel bad.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a complete and total bitch. @Bron357, if you want to go, then go... but don't feel as if you have to. Mean girls like that will not be outdone, so even if you show up with the freaking Krupp on your finger, it's likely she'll try to convince everyone (even herself) it's not real. My point is to go and catch up with those who were kind to you... maybe even be surprised by some who weren't very kind who take this opportunity to make up for it by acting like adults and being nice to everyone now. Wear what makes you happy and comfortable, mean girls be damned. You have evolved, even though they feel the need to be stuck where they obviously peaked -- IN THE PAST.

*F* them. Rock your jewels.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh a couple quick favors?? ... I think you have the 4.25 emerald cut? So when you are getting ready to go we need pics of whatever you decide to accessorize with and of course...
If you do end up planting it in her forehead could you get a picture of the imprint for us all?

I love when rings make a statement. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

( I am kidding on the planting it in her forehead part but not the pics! need pics for what ever you choose. )

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The 40th School Reunion is in 2 weeks. It was a girls school btw.
It’s been a bit “weird”. We’ve all been sort of “catching up with others” on line by posting up photos of our kids and pets and favourite garden plant etc. The tone with some got rather “boastful” which I didn’t like and then when a thread started with “post up your engagement ring”, I didn’t join in on that one.
OMG it sure wasn’t nice or kind, unlike here on Pricescope, one even went so far as to declare herself “Winner, ha ha, mines the biggest”.
So the bullies with their cattiness and bitchiness are still trying to make people feel “small”. I was bullied unmercifully back then by this “alpha” group because I was a shy type and into books and athletics, not makeup, boys, parties etc.
And then I cop a nasty comment from said self declared winner with her 3 carat diamond....
“ Hey Mess it up, (the awful name they used to tease me with) did you even get an engagement ring?”

So is wearing 50 carats of diamonds to the event too much or not enough?

Oh **** no! Take that B down! Wear it all!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you do decide to go (and you really don’t have to, although there are bound to be some people you would like to see again), personally I’d just opt out of any competition. Wear a simple band and tiny earrings, all the while chuckling internally at the silliness of those who think big diamonds=success in life!

This! I would purposely wear ZERO CARATS. Nothing.
Do you realize the only reason she has any type of power over you is because you actually care what she thinks?
If this silly group of women's greatest accomplishments in life and the stick by which they measure every other woman is how many carats of diamonds one owns? The world is sadder and more clueless than I thought.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no she didn't!
But seriously, I agree with the idea of something in the middle, a few of your favorite biggest pieces. Tasteful, not reality show, and spend time with people u are there for. I went to my 15th hs reunion, hs was not great for me (but I loved college). I went to connect with old friends and even the other group of people had matured and mellowed. Except one girl who picked on us nerd girls, really really mean things, who was fake nice to me and then talked to me about her shady mlm. Anyways at the table with friends I say, can you believe x gave me a business card for her mlm?!? And everyone else pulls out their card, and we laugh and throw them in the trash.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
No one could possibly out-bling you.

I recall some large rubies from another thread... How about a new pair of earrings for this party?

Seeing RED!

Eg. a 10cts version of these www ...

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Fifty carats is NOT enough. What can I loan you? We should have you DRIPPING in diamonds. I'm glad you called her out on her name comment. I'm sure, being a pricescoper, that you have pieces that are bigger than her three carat ER.

In high school, I had a small circle of friends that diminished once a few of them started doing drugs. I spent high school eating lunch alone in the Orchestra room because I didn't want to deal with the selective seating in the cafeteria.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
People that have to feel better about themselves by putting others down either lead sad wanna be lifestyles forever comparing themselves to others or usually have a heap of bad things going on in their lives like, cheating husbands, badly in debt living on credit, kids that are out of control are just a few that come to mind.

You are a smart, kind and a generally lovely person. You don't need bling and you should never let someone as shallow as that let you cry again. If the lady or any other calls you that again just say I see you haven't managed to grow up or become a decent person since we were at school.

In fact if you like email me a link to the email page I would be more than happy to post a photo of my 5.34 carat diamond telling her that I am your friend and only basic bitches need to boast about what size their diamonds are.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results