shape
carat
color
clarity

How is this cut? And thoughts about med blue flourescence?

OECfan

Rough_Rock
Hello,

Apologies if posting in someone else's thread isn't the right etiquette, but i didn't want to create another thread on the same question I had as the OP. I'm considering purchasing a 1.12C, D, VS1 stone and wondering if anyone can tell if there will be any haziness or oiliness (due to medium blue fluorescence) from the stock videos? I read online that a lay person would be able to instantly tell if a diamond was hazy from videos, but wouldn't that depend on the lighting used? As its from an online inventory, I've requested photos in diffused lighting and sunlight. Also i've seen some medium fluorescent diamonds display a level of blue tinge in sunlight, does this vary in intensity from medium fluorescent diamonds to another? Below is a link to the video and attached is the GIA certificate indicating inclusions.

V360 Viewer (diamondasset.in)

Annotation 2021-05-03 222105.jpg

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you for your time.

I’ve watched a few YouTube videos (I don’t remember by who, but probably Good Old Gold or Brian Gavin) where they do show some diamonds can look milky in the online view, it’s especially noticeable when you compare to a diamond with no/negligible fluorescence.

It’s probably best to see in person to confirm. The haziness/oiliness in is an issue with a very low percentage of diamonds with fluorescence. It seems like we as consumers have been told it’s a bad thing but most of the time it really isn’t. Which is great because that means you get a nice little discount on the diamond.

I did quite a lot of reading on my own recently too because I was considering a diamond with strong blue fluorescence.

Here is my GIA strong blue fluorescence (the diamond I ended up picking) in shaded and direct sunlight. No haziness, no oiliness and no blue tint. Whatever blue you see is just a reflection of the sky.

46C3BE99-C155-439E-9B4B-ECBE2AFB9450.jpeg

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi there. This is my first post, and thank you to everyone for sharing all of your advice and experiences. I am considering this stone, and wondering what your thoughts are:

GIA 3.32
9.63 x 9.66 x 5.86
E
SI2
Cut, Polish, Symmetry = Excellent
Flourescence = Medium Blue

Table = 57
Depth = 60.7
Crown = 34.0
Crown Height = 14.5
Pavillion = 40.8
Pavillion Depth = 43.0
Girdle = Medium
Lower Half = 80%
Culet = None

I have not seen it in person, but wondering if it's worth it to take a look?

Thank you for your thoughts!

Unlikely to have any haziness issues. The VSi is borderline VS2 but eye clean.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello,

Apologies if posting in someone else's thread isn't the right etiquette, but i didn't want to create another thread on the same question I had as the OP. I'm considering purchasing a 1.12C, D, VS1 stone and wondering if anyone can tell if there will be any haziness or oiliness (due to medium blue fluorescence) from the stock videos? I read online that a lay person would be able to instantly tell if a diamond was hazy from videos, but wouldn't that depend on the lighting used? As its from an online inventory, I've requested photos in diffused lighting and sunlight. Also i've seen some medium fluorescent diamonds display a level of blue tinge in sunlight, does this vary in intensity from medium fluorescent diamonds to another? Below is a link to the video and attached is the GIA certificate indicating inclusions.

V360 Viewer (diamondasset.in)

Annotation 2021-05-03 222105.jpg

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you for your time.

You would likely get more responses from starting your own thread.

It's my opinion additional inspection is required beyond the normal vendor videos to determine transparency issues. Since fluor is "activated" under the correct levels of UV lighting, your lighting source obviously matters.

And yes, two stones both graded MBF may show slightly different levels of fluor effects. The reasoning is somewhat simple. Much like color grading, there is a RANGE. Stones assigned medium are > faint/negligible but < strong.

You see more variance in the AGS category of negligible because it encompasses both none & faint as classified by GIA. But the point still remains.

Original source:
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...s-stones-for-fluorescence.254309/post-4669635

FL-6-Table_Inert-to-Medium.jpg

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Low VS1 in the oval just posted

Thanks for clarifying. Re-reading, sounds like I was being overly picky regarding VSi instead of VS1.

My confusion was because your response in post #32 had used the quote of the OP's stone specs from post #1, which is SI2. I should have caught that & tracked better. But appreciate you bearing with me. :cool2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results