shape
carat
color
clarity

How is the price for this stone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LadyJ

Shiny_Rock
The one I was looking at is the .78. I ran it throught the cut advisor and it got excellent on everything except the last one it got very good. I am looking for this size range and comparing places. There is a ACA on WF that I am considering as well. It is just a little less in weight and a little more in price. Is it worth it to pay a little more to get the ACA?? I find the whole hearts and arrows thing confusing.

Here

LadyJ

Shiny_Rock
Here is the ACA stone. It looks good to me. Can someone help me compare it to the previous stone?

Here

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Sadly, LadyJ, you cannot purchase the 1 diamond from Nice Ice. It's one of a matched pair intended to be sold for earrings.

The WF link did not work for me.
1.gif

2Bmarried

Rough_Rock
LadyJ,

This is pretty funny, actually. The .755 you are looking at from Whiteflash is one that I almost bought from them last month. There was nothing wrong with it at all, and I had Brian at Whiteflash looking at it as well as 2 others (all side by side by side), explaining them all to me over the phone. I think Garry Holloway replied to my post, stating that it had a tweaked girdle. If you want to take a shortcut to some opinions on that stone and others, just check out my post from last month. That should give you a jumpstart!

My post from last month

LadyJ

Shiny_Rock
Geez
rolleyes.gif
I did not even notice that about the .78 I feel so dumb now
rodent.gif
. Very interesting reading about the WF .75. I don't really know how I feel about the tweaked girdle because I don't really understand it completely so I will have to do a search on that. It just has a negative sound. But I guess I don't care as long as the stone performes well. Does that hurt the value at all? Thanks so much for the info!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 3/7/2004 9:29:02 PM LadyJ wrote: I don't really understand it completely so I will have to do a search on that. It just has a negative sound. But I guess I don't care as long as the stone performes well. Does that hurt the value at all? ----------------

The word is funny, but it is a GOOD thing they are trying to convey: a minute modification in cut of minor facets which allows consistent light return from "girdle to girdle". This eliminates the slight likeage around the girde otherwise unavoidable in even the best cut, but not 'tweaked', round brilliants. I suspect this artifice was developed after observing some simmilar practice applied to the branded 'Eight Star" brilliants - but I could be wrong assuming this...

As far as I know, such extra attention to the cut of new ACA-s does not affect price: just improves the 'look' beyond the already strict cut quality standards for these stones
1.gif

This post summarizes what you may find by running a search on past posts on 'tweaked' around here, I hope.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Tweaking isn't a negative, Lady, when done by a reputable cutter such as Brian Gavin. Some cutters "tweak" the girdle to enhance carat weight or cheat the angles for a better grade. White Flash ACA's are already proven superb performers. ACA diamonds are tweaked to enhance performance even more!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results