How did you happen to find PS?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My dh found PS for me when I wanted to reset my first ER many years ago. The rest is history. 3 ERs and a few settings later. :lol:

lovemyhubby.gif

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I was researching diamonds, in that I didn't want to get ripped off at a local jeweler while being a 'noob' to such things (not that any jeweler would do that... :rolleyes:).

I didn't realise the slope was this slippery :lol: lol

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
dont remember...lol...seems like I remember being on the board on diamond bistro and someone mentioned it and i googled it and found it...i just like looking at shiny things so that is what i came here for

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I was trying to understand what was so different about my first engagement ring (ex husband) and my 2nd turned out I had an OEC diamond vs a modern cut diamond. I found all the information here on PS and the rest is history (for me).

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found PS when I was looking for my 10th anniversary 5 stone. Thanks to PS the 5 stone has turned into a 7 stone with added carat weight. No
surprise there:lol:.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wanted a diamond ring. DH had a budget of 3K which didn't get us much at local stores so he told me to research and decide what I want. PS came up when I was searching for eternity rings.

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
I found PS after buying and returning an ER from Costco. I had done a little research and thought buying a GIA XXX would guarantee me beautiful stones, but that assumption was WAY off. That 3 stone ring was a dud in ALL lighting situations and looked grey and dead all the time. Researching what made those XXX stones so crappy is what landed me here, and led me to discover @Wink and CBI.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In May of 2007, I had my ER diamond reset.
I must have been doing research on my diamond stats from the jeweler, 'cause I apparently signed up to PS in June 2007

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I found PS when I was looking to get another pair of diamond studs. I had and still have a pair that although sparkly wasn’t as large or sparkly as I wanted. I used the info on here to purchase my 3.04 ctw diamond studs. They are sparkle bombs. Considering I purchased them before I knew about super ideals..they are everything I wanted...I happened to also find friends who love bling just like me. I always think to myself that I found my people. :love:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had an appraiser tell me about PS.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was searching for settings to reset my E ring stone

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was looking for a 10th Anniversary diamond ring back in 2003. It was going to be my first diamond ring from my husband bc I never got one from him when we got married. I found Whiteflash and was about to purchase a radiant cut diamond when I discovered ACAs. The first ACA I purchased was an F VVS2 1.51 ACA and two smaller F VVS ACAs that I had set into a Vatche 3 stone ring. After that I decided I wanted bigger.
Now I’m a jeweler whore and hoarder. :roll2:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Like most here—I found PS while researching diamond info.

After a long process locally, I purchased an eternity ring locally on a Friday & that weekend decided something wasn’t quite right with the diamond quality from my local BM. I couldn’t put my finger on it, so I did the deep dive to try to decide if my eyes were deceiving me.

I found PS, returned the ring that Monday & ended up with my WF beauty. And much more!! :lol::lol-2:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was looking for a 10th Anniversary diamond ring back in 2003. It was going to be my first diamond ring from my husband bc I never got one from him when we got married. I found Whiteflash and was about to purchase a radiant cut diamond when I discovered ACAs. The first ACA I purchased was an F VVS2 1.51 ACA and two smaller F VVS ACAs that I had set into a Vatche 3 stone ring. After that I decided I wanted bigger.
Now I’m a jeweler whore and hoarder. :roll2:

Hi, kayla17-

I just saw that you joined on January 14, 2003 and obviously you are still posting. Now when anyone asks me if I am the person who is has been posting for the longest time on Pricescope (and who is still posting) I can just point to you. (I think I have been invoking Alistra.) You joined 12 days before I did.

I knew about Pricescope for quite a while before I joined. I belonged to another diamond discussion group that was active back then and my relationship with it went sour. The founder and then owner of Pricescope, Leonid, and other prominent early posters, including Garry Holloway, were already known to me. So I came over here and have been very, very happy here both with Leonid and Irina and now with Andrey. I have found it to be a wonderful place to discuss diamonds, colored gems, and gold, which I love. I have come here for advice on "big" jewelry pieces I want to construct and even managed to get a pair of Whiteflash earrings names after me!

Pricescope has also been a wonderful community to which to belong and certain threads have become part of my yearly tradition, like the fall baking thread and the Christmas/holiday music thread. I have also gone through many permutations of political fora: when no political discussion was allowed; when it was allowed in a special place for certain people who wanted to discuss politics; when it was allowed for everyone who behaved; and so on. The discussion of politics has been one of my passions and when it is done in a civil, intelligent manner as it now usually is here, I find it a great addition to a diamond forum.

And I shouldn't forget that everyone in Hangout is a pet lover. I love dogs, so I can talk endlessly there about all my dogs, present and past and hear the dog stories of others. I am even amused by cat stories now that I am hearing those! And then there are the dessert recipes. And the royal jewels. And people speak foreign languages. And they like grammar. And they discuss books. Well...there is a lot here. I guess that is why I have stuck around for so long. I have been here for over 16 years now!

Deb/AGBF :wavey:

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was searching for a new diamond. I was googling diamond retailers in the UK and Pricescope kept coming up. When I clicked on it I saw it was an online community and moved on. I came back to it later and decided to join in the fun. Ended up on quite the diamond journey lol! Been here since 2006 :)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was searching for a new diamond. I was googling diamond retailers in the UK and Pricescope kept coming up. When I clicked on it I saw it was an online community and moved on. I came back to it later and decided to join in the fun. Ended up on quite the diamond journey lol! Been here since 2006 :)

Yes, you have been part of everything. I remember so much of your story. Your children. Even your search for matzoh!

Hugs,
(((Maisie)))
Deb

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Google search way back when I was looking for my first upgrade...

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I was researching Tahitian pearls and came on here.
Now I'm upgrading my engagement ring :lol-2: :lol-2::lol-2:

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Once upon a time I used to be a dispatcher for emergency crews for electricity and gas, our team was 24/7 and I would spend my graveyard shifts googling stuff to stay awake. It started off as a gem and mineral fascination at first, then evolved into an obsession. Shortly after that was when I found PS, I was continuing to google stuff to stay awake but now with a more focused topic to research.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, you have been part of everything. I remember so much of your story. Your children. Even your search for matzoh!

Hugs,
(((Maisie)))
Deb

You have an excellent memory my friend! I still remember the delicious cake you sent me! upload_2019-6-9_8-48-3.gif

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I decided to use the money I saved for 5 years for a big holiday with my then hubby on an EC when I finally admitted we were not compatible travelling companions.
The EC would be my 40th birthday present to myself as a RHR.
I researched for suitable vendors in Europe where I could pick my own diamond in person, and came across PS posts that suggested Diamondhouse in Antwerp.

DK :))

Q

Queenie60

Came upon price scope while using the internet to learn more about diamonds as I have a jewelry addiction and wanted to know more about purchasing nice bling.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
After realizing my first ER was crap (my fault, I picked it out). Started hitting up Google to learn more and ended up here. I've been around for a long time!

clumberlove

Shiny_Rock
I am probably unlike most, as diamonds didn't bring me here. I maybe shouldn't admit this here, but the only diamonds I own are melee! I was looking for a precision cutter for a project and got directed to the recommended vendor list on CS. I know mostly hang around CS and fashion jewelry.

hmr_mama

Brilliant_Rock
For our second anniversary we took a trip to Sonoma County where I discovered yellow diamonds in a jewelry store window display. When we got home I started googling "yellow diamonds" and Diamonds by Lauren popped up. I found PS by searching for Diamonds by Lauren reviews. That was in 2007. 12 years later and I still don't have a yellow diamond ring. But I do have so many other lovely jewelry pieces thanks to this forum. I'm more of a wallflower PS member but I pop in often to see what's new in SMTB and get distracted by some of the threads in RT and DH.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it was through posts in another Pearl Forum.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results