shape
carat
color
clarity

How come you guys bash.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
I like topaz. I like the irradiated colors, and with a low price point it was an easy way to enter into gem purchasing. I''m a bit wary of getting any of the coated stuff, but I may end up buying one simple because it looks intriguing. But for whatever the reason, a coated stone no longer seems like a gem to me.

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
I have a really pretty imperial topaz, about 6 ct. I''ll post a pic when my husband gets home from Washington DC. He is spending quite a lot of time in the hotel lobby watching a city become paralyzed on a foot of snow. Not fun at all. Anyhoo, he has my camera.

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
Because there are so many cheap/treated/colored junk imitations out there.

I love topaz in it''s natural form! Post those pics with pride!

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I have a gorgeous asscher champagne topaz from Peter Torraca. I could never bash a topaz after seeing how much it sparkles! So I would love to see yours.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
I have two gorgeous precious topaz stones from Barry. They are natural, not treated. They are great! They are sort of in that imperial family of colors. One is an emerald type cut and the other is a tiny little round brilliant that sparkles like mad.

I also have a blue topaz that my daughter wears because that is her "blue" necklace. Probably treated, but pretty none the less.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/6/2010 3:40:44 PM
Author: cinnamon013
I have two gorgeous precious topaz stones from Barry. They are natural, not treated. They are great! They are sort of in that imperial family of colors. One is an emerald type cut and the other is a tiny little round brilliant that sparkles like mad.

I also have a blue topaz that my daughter wears because that is her 'blue' necklace. Probably treated, but pretty none the less.
I'd check the radioactivity of this blue topaz, especially if it is worn around the neck. Thyroid gland tends to accumulate radioactivity.

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/5/2010 5:50:54 PM
Author: smitcompton
Hi All,

I happen to like topaz. I like the swiss blue, which I recently compared to pictures TL posted of paraiba tourmalines. My topaz is the color of top color paraibas. I enjoyed that very much. I now don''t need a paraiba. I also like some London blue topaz. I think the colors are great. If you don''t post your pictures we can''t admire your gemstone.

There are problably closet topaz lovers out there. Lets hear it for topaz.

Thanks,
30.gif

at first when i realized blue topazes were usually so heavilly treated i was quite sad (i''ve loved them since i saw some sparklies on QVC when i was in elementary school) but regardless of treatment, some of those london blues (and swiss one too!) have gorgeous color.

i have two londons, a swiss, and a mystic that i bought off ebay. they''re not that expensive (so i doubt they''re of any great value), but i can''t afford to buy some of those completely natural lovelies right now (mmm ceylon sapphires). besides, they''ll always be the first stones i bought, and subsequently will be my first projects (i even bought a blue quartz because i wanted something concave cut).
i''d post pics of my preeeeeecccciooooouuuuuuusssss, erm my shinies, but i have no macro
9.gif
so please post pics of yours!

MissMina

Brilliant_Rock
I have topaz in various shapes and sizes and colors from champagne to orangish. I love them all.

Kim Bruun

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/6/2010 4:35:35 PM
Author: crasru

Date: 2/6/2010 3:40:44 PM
Author: cinnamon013

I also have a blue topaz that my daughter wears because that is her ''blue'' necklace. Probably treated, but pretty none the less.
I''d check the radioactivity of this blue topaz, especially if it is worn around the neck. Thyroid gland tends to accumulate radioactivity.
Irradiated blue topaz - the cancer stone. How''s that for bad publicity?

Kim Bruun

Shiny_Rock
And absolutely no disrespect intended for those who have fought this terrible disease, but I have wondered if radioactive stones and irradiated material can pose a threat to the health of the wearer.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2010 6:07:02 PM
Author: Kim Bruun
And absolutely no disrespect intended for those who have fought this terrible disease, but I have wondered if radioactive stones and irradiated material can pose a threat to the health of the wearer.
This article Link suggests that the radiation levels are so low that there should be no impact to your health from wearing blue topaz jewelry.

I think blue topaz is a really pretty stone for the price. I''m wearing my blue topaz earrings right now.
1.gif

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
See, these are things that make me paranoid
32.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I have a london blue topaz from Barry and I think it''s gorgeous.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results