shape
carat
color
clarity

How closely are you following Trump's trial, and aftermath?

How closely are you following Trump's trial, and aftermath?

• Not at all

Votes: 17 25.8%
  • Very little

Votes: 17 25.8%
  • Little

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Averagely

Votes: 11 16.7%
  • Much

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Very much

Votes: 10 15.2%
  • As much as possible

Votes: 4 6.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@smitcompton Your post to me was perfect, funny, truthful and on target, thank you for a laugh and your honesty

Suggesting a person on this forum is ‘special’ and likening him to someone referred to as the same by virtue of their lack of education and hearing impairment is ‘perfect’, ‘funny’, ‘truthful’ and ‘on target’ to you, and worthy of a laugh? When there wasn’t even a hint of ‘joking’, emoji, a wink ...

We may not agree on much in the political spectrum, but I would NEVER have imagined you supporting - much less ‘cheerfully’ condoning - someone disparaging or insulting another person in a manner mocking people with actual disabilities or lacking in education.

Disappointing, to say the least ... and that’s the last I’ll say about it.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Folks, no personal insults. Period. Keep it clean or get a time out.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@smitcompton Do you not comprehend just how ignorant your post above - directed at DF - reads (I won’t even quote it)? It’s incredibly offensive that you would direct such an insulting, condescending & judgmental assertion about someone on this forum like that.

DF may not be bothered by it, but I am disgusted ...
It really doesn't bother me. I expected nothing less from a typical liberal. ;))

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have no idea what you are saying @the_mother_thing I have always admired @smitcompton's posting, she and I aren't always on the same page BUT I have always enjoyed her very thoughtful replies and posts. I'm at a loss as the WTF you are saying.

Suggesting a person on this forum is ‘special’ and likening him to someone referred to as the same by virtue of their lack of education and hearing impairment is ‘perfect’, ‘funny’, ‘truthful’ and ‘on target’ to you, and worthy of a laugh? When there wasn’t even a hint of ‘joking’, emoji, a wink ...

We may not agree on much in the political spectrum, but I would NEVER have imagined you supporting - much less ‘cheerfully’ condoning - someone disparaging or insulting another person in a manner mocking people with actual disabilities or lacking in education.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are judging @smitcompton - how can you miss that, I didn't find the post offensive, I thought it was a rib to @Dancing Fire as he often throws into the mix funny jabs himself. Such as his insult "I would expect nothing less from a liberal" but I assume he was joking because he often 'jokes' about liberals. I saw nothing wrong with Smitcompton's post, just a big of chatter between 2 posters.. jeeze louise.

@smitcompton Do you not comprehend just how ignorant your post above - directed at DF - reads (I won’t even quote it)? It’s incredibly offensive that you would direct such an insulting, condescending & judgmental assertion about someone on this forum like that.

DF may not be bothered by it, but I am disgusted ...

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

It was meant to be funny. It was meant for DF. He takes all in good stride. I know this and so feel that he would smile when he read it. I have said things to him in anger, that he could have been angry about, but wasn't. My nurse talks this way. She calls her daughter, the girl, and her son, the boy. Its what I refer to them as well. I've known her several years and I have no idea of anyones name. She loves and adores her special brother. He is not dumb or has any handicapp, except for his deafness.

The utter irony of this is that the staunchest advocates of the most disgusting man who insults people of stature, those that are handicapped, experts, scholars, the FBI, and anyone who even slightly disagrees with him. run to the hills when it is suggested that like 80% of the public they may not have kept up on the impeachment news. The person speaks about rules. Breaking, Rules.? You have got to be kidding?

I assure you this was not meant as an insult to DF or in the other post a personal attack on you. Please set your aim of outrage where it belongs, on DT. That's disgusting.

Annette

`

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Tekate, You interpreted the post correctly. TMT reports these posts to Admin. Think of how ironic it is. We need safe spaces for conservatives now. Thanks for understanding.

Annette

There are always those people who find trouble, sometimes where there is none.

I rescind my apology for the first reported post. I just wanted to make nice.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is disappointing.

Absolutely hilarious! I actually used the new search function and went through the old trump thread. Funny enough, NEITHER of you expressed a single modicum of outrage when Trump made fun of a disabled reporter. This fake snowflake outrage is so transparent it's actually sad. Stop pretending like you give a sh*t about someone being mocked as disabled, because I don't believe for a single second that either of you actually do.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely hilarious! I actually used the new search function and went through the old trump thread. Funny enough, NEITHER of you expressed a single modicum of outrage when Trump made fun of a disabled reporter. This fake snowflake outrage is so transparent it's actually sad. Stop pretending like you give a sh*t about someone being mocked as disabled, because I don't believe for a single second that either of you actually do.

Funny that you care enough what I have said in the past to search. ;)2

How bout some pie?

1580617501849.png

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I’m not surprised you’re deflecting. But I am glad you agree the PSer’s comments in this case were as low, inappropriate and offensive as those of the person you claim to detest. Or am I mistaken in that you only care about mocking the disabled when Trump does it, but find it acceptable behavior when it’s your ‘forum friend’?

As for what you believe:
1ACC7D5F-E21A-4C01-AC93-CC2B2D50717F.gif

Lastly, to save you searching the rest of my posts, I prefer strawberry. :drool:
CBEBFE9E-A2AC-4DEF-9531-7D34BC733D69.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pie notwithstanding

Screen Shot 2020-02-02 at 9.05.09 AM.png

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Missy. Getting back to the actual thread, the editorial I posted by a former goper, if you read it, was not kind to the Democratic party either. One thing he did point out was that they are not organized enough or willing to do what it takes, to call out or keep in check the worst impulses of the Republican party. The Republican party is the dominant party in the us. Democrats don't have the power/votes, and the vast majority of people follow the parties more like sports teams than any real critical analysis. It's going to be up to the Republicans themselves (and the people who vote for them) to stand up for what is right or wrong for this country, special interests be dammed! Republicans have the power. They have the power to shape their own party from within. The Democratic party has their own issues and work to do. But they are just playing defense at this point, and not very well, You can't blame the Democrats for what is going on wrong in the Republican party, and the Republicans need to take responsibility for their own party.

For those who identify as Republicans, my suggestion to you is to read up on the history of your party. Don't have to read everything, maybe start from Eisenhower and work forward. What the Republican party stand for. What was it's most important ideals. What legislation they supported and found acceptable. What was the acceptable level of civility in discourse and compromise working with people who disagreed with them. Their value in keeping the government functional and working for ALL Americans. Do you see any changes? Do you recognize your own party?

Last edited:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wonder how the families of those who died on Flight 93 would feel about their loved one‘s memory being politicized in a divisive & partisan meme. Nevertheless, ‘ordinary citizens’ volunteer their lives everyday in support of the Constitution and rights of ALL Americans, including those Democrats hate and feel aren't deserving of those rights.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wonder how the families of those who died on Flight 93 would feel about their loved one‘s memory being politicized in a divisive & partisan meme. Nevertheless, ‘ordinary citizens’ volunteer their lives everyday in support of the Constitution and rights of ALL Americans, including those Democrats hate and feel aren't deserving of those rights.

I believe that this is the kind of statement which provokes "the other side" and leads to angry discussion. It is pretty immoderate to say that the Democrats who think that President Trump got an unfair trial do not think that "all Americans are deserving of the Constitution and its rights." How would one derive Democratic hate from the accusation about a fair trial?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I believe that this is the kind of statement which provokes "the other side" and leads to angry discussion. It is pretty immoderate to say that the Democrats who think that President Trump got an unfair trial do not think that "all Americans are deserving of the Constitution and its rights." How would one derive Democratic hate from the accusation about a fair trial?

Yes. I choose to ignore when the response is just to provoke. I have many things I could say in reply but imo it isn’t worth the energy. :))

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes. I choose to ignore when the response is just to provoke. I have many things I could say in reply but imo it isn’t worth the energy. :))

Do you think none of the things that are said by democrats here in this very thread, and many others, are said to provoke? Let's be honest about provoking and trolling here. Plenty are not innocent in that regard. While you are not usually among them to be sure.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you think none of the things that are said by democrats here in this very thread, and many others, are said to provoke? Let's be honest about provoking and trolling here. Plenty are not innocent in that regard.

I was just responding to Deb about the TMT’s comment to my post. I wasn’t taking on all posts ever made.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was just responding to Deb about the TMT’s comment to my post. I wasn’t taking on all posts ever made.

But you didn't answer my question.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
But you didn't answer my question.

I agree both sides can be provocative. I often stay out of these discussions because they tend to go downhill fast. :/

Want to add there is good provocation and bad provocation. Big difference. The good kind makes you think. The bad kind is just to cause disruption and anger and doesn’t do anything to further anyone’s point. IMO.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

There are millions who think the House show was not fair in the first place.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree both sides can be provocative. I often stay out of these discussions because they tend to go downhill fast. :/

Want to add there is good provocation and bad provocation. Big difference. The good kind makes you think. The bad kind is just to cause disruption and anger and doesn’t do anything to further anyone’s point. IMO.

Is this an equivocation? Yes. Sometimes people are just angry at things, including double standards.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Regarding the SNL skit loved the quote "This trial is more realistic than the sham that's happening in the senate"

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Surely anyone who has participated in political discussions here recognizes that they follow the same pattern. Those who get the most righteously indignant about perceived insults, who scream "hypocrisy", who sermonize about the need to be open minded, polite, and not engage in insults are also the ones who don't follow their own advice. Every.damn.time. I'm NOT referring to any specific poster but if you're triggered in any way by what I just said, perhaps it's time for some personal reflection.

When a discussion begins to erode our ability to stay polite, we have options. We have an ignore button. I use it to block posters when my own tendency to make a sharp-tongued response starts to win over common decency.

If you don't want to use the ignore button, one can also simply say to someone who turns the discussion negative: "I won't continue to respond to you until you can be polite." And then do it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results