shape
carat
color
clarity

How careful are you with your engagement ring?

I pretty much put on my wedding set first thing in the morning and don't take em off for the day until shower time before bed. But I also use those ring holder/dishes to hold my rings while I'm cooking, doing dishes, etc. I have a holder by each sink in the house lol.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm really not careful at all. I know that if I start taking my rings off before washing dishes/showering/cooking I will probably lose them at some point. So I keep them on all day and take them off before bed and put them in their box or ring stand. But I clean my ring every day.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Spouse has worn her 1-ct(ish) diamond everywhere every day for decades. It even saved her finger from being crushed behind a piece of furniture during a move -- and it's been out-of-round ever since =)2. Not a mark on the stone, though.

Now her Edwardian sapphire right-hand ring -- that's another story after a decade of hard wear :oops2:.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now that I WFM but don't wear it at home, I put my ring atop my closed laptop and admire it that way.

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
I wear mine all the time & I only take them off to clean them twice a week. If I'm doing something mucky I'll wear rubber gloves.I just know I'd lose them if I started taking them off!!!:eek-2:

josieKat

Shiny_Rock
I wear mine always. I would take it off to clean but I have a big knuckle and it is quite hard to get my ring off at all, so I clean it with it on (those tiny interdental/brush flossers are great to get inside the basket and along the pavilion).

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I take mine off any time I wash my hands. I clean them every day. I don’t sleep with them at night.

Sadly my prongs were loose, I had a mall jewelers tighten them and they bent the head. I’m currently looking for a new ring.

I take mine off any time I wash my hands. I clean them every day. I don’t sleep with them at night.

Sadly my prongs were loose, I had a mall jewelers tighten them and they bent the head. I’m currently looking for a new ring.

Dude that sucks Sorry to hear they ruined your ring. How's the search for a new ring going?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ariadne_Theia

Shiny_Rock
Premium
My Great Aunt, who had the most beautiful collection of jewellery, always said washing up dishes was how she kept her engagement ring so clean & sparkly. I have also been known when I'm finished to whip off my gloves, sud up my ring finger with the sponge, then rinse under warm water. Works a treat for a little buff up & sparkle!

I want to thank you! I am really bad at remembering to clean my ring but I do dishes almost daily. So I started trying this, just a dishsoap wash after I finish the dishes, and my ring hasn't been this sparkly since my engagement. I now have a ring cleaning routine.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm pretty careful but if I have my ring on I usually keep it on while doing light household chores...loading dishwasher, vacuuming, dusting, simple cooking, laundry. I don't wear it while exercising, showering, sleeping, and more intense cleaning where I'm using chemical cleaners. And if I'm doing a lot around the house on a particular day I might not wear it at all. I was definitely more careful/worried about it when I first got it, overtime I have gotten more relaxed.

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you @Bonfire !!!! I’m sorry I missed the notification that you tagged me and just saw it today.

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
@MamaBee - hope you are well. I generally don’t wear rings when I am home but since getting my new ring, I do once in a while. I take them off when doing dishes and cooking though.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee - hope you are well. I generally don’t wear rings when I am home but since getting my new ring, I do once in a while. I take them off when doing dishes and cooking though.

I’m hanging in there @Dmndsr4evr11..Thank you..
I’ve now christened mine by washing some dishes with it on..I’m very careful..but I did drop it on my marble countertop. It bounced off and hit the floor. I just about had a heart attack..but it’s fine..I wash my dishes with it on if I’m just rinsing...Then I’ll suds it up and rinse it under warm water while it’s still on my finger. If it’s yucky dishes I take it off..

Girlfriday17

Shiny_Rock
It’s been really interesting to see how people take care of their ring during the day doing normal activities. Winter is new to me..so I think I’m being extra careful...I will probably loosen up as time goes on. I was also super careful with Summer because I knew I was trading her in..In my mind she wasn’t mine.
Before I sold Libby I did pretty much the same thing. I always put my ring on a high built in that I have in my kitchen. It’s eye height so if I’m not wearing my ring I can pass by and visit..haha When I’m washing dirty dishes I take it off and put it on that shelf...or wear disposable gloves.. Sometimes I will put her back on at night when I watch tv. If I‘m doing laundry I do keep it on but I was known to whack Libby on the washer and dryer..It never caused her harm but I would run to loupe her. Now that I have Winter I’m just extra careful when I’m doing the laundry.
When I‘m ready to go to bed I put my jewelry that I wore that day in my little organizer and take it to bed with me. It sits on my bedside table. I like them near me...haha
111C065D-E5DC-4ABC-8F5E-FCD5FDD5D6ED.jpeg

What a perfect little assortment to snuggle next to.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Very careful. Last thing on and first thing off, and don't wear it at work as there's manual labor involved. I have it insured, but I'd rather not have to deal with any claim. She's small but she's all I've got by way of an ER.

MillieLou

Brilliant_Rock
I am interested in people who wear them all day. How have the rings held up over time?

Just had a near miss of dropping onto a stone floor when putting it back on after cooking :errrr:

I plan to continue taking mine off for sleeping and showering, but wonder if by taking them off / putting them on continually throughout the day (for cooking, light cleaning, washing dishes, craft with the kids etc) is actually putting them more at risk of being dropped and more severely damaged than just keeping them on and being careful. I've often heard the phrase "it's safest on your hand" and wonder if just keeping it on all day (barring hardcore manual labour) might be a better option...

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am interested in people who wear them all day. How have the rings held up over time?

Just had a near miss of dropping onto a stone floor when putting it back on after cooking :errrr:

I plan to continue taking mine off for sleeping and showering, but wonder if by taking them off / putting them on continually throughout the day (for cooking, light cleaning, washing dishes, craft with the kids etc) is actually putting them more at risk of being dropped and more severely damaged than just keeping them on and being careful. I've often heard the phrase "it's safest on your hand" and wonder if just keeping it on all day (barring hardcore manual labour) might be a better option...

@MillieLou I don’t wear my rings 24/7 anymore...but I did many years ago. I only took them off to clean...I cooked, showered, did yard work, etc...I never got a chip, scratch or any damage whatsoever. I’m much more careful now...I take mine off at night at home. If I travel...they stay on my fingers. They are safer on my fingers in hotels, etc..The concern would be more about loss or being stolen.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't tend to wear my rings in the house unless I've been out but like @kayla17 , I have a ring holders in my bedroom, kitchen and bathroom. Without a convenient place to put them, I would put them down wherever and forget.

mommylawyer

Brilliant_Rock

I wear my rings (platinum) to do all kinds of things, including sailing. They've saved my fingers several times, including once when the boat got too close to a post. They have held up beautifully after almost 20 years.

1615128565759.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results