Votes: 21 23.6%

Votes: 1 1.1%

Votes: 9 10.1%

• Total voters

Hera

Ideal_Rock
CharmyPoo|1367122173|3435973 said:
athenaworth|1367119388|3435959 said:
I have one mirror in my house that makes me look smashing, but just the one. I think it's one of those funhouse type mirrors. Otherwise I'd say I'm a 7ish. I'm with Sara though, my husband thinks I'm a 10 so that's what really matters.

If you are a 7, the rest of us are 1 :razz:

Hahahaha!! Right????!!! Athena, you have movie star looks.

Btw, Charmy, you're a hawt tamale too! :Up_to_something:

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
kenny|1367101415|3435865 said:
Jennifer W|1367098870|3435850 said:
I'm going to disagree based on your hair alone ...

Whassup with Circe's hair?
Have you seen MY hair ... it's a tragedy in crisis! ;(

Well, I have only ever seen photos of it, and for all I know she could really be a bald man in his 80s, this being the internet, but Circe has the most glorious, waist length, luscious, shiny, thick and amazing hair I ever saw.

Mine is more aligned to yours (except in my head, where it's amazing, of course...). ;))

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just asked my wife.At first she LOL!! and then she said...ZERO :!: ;(

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Definitely 2. I'm not attractive by any means. I'm short, I weigh too much, I don't wear makeup, I wear thick glasses, I don't have good skin. I don't have great hair anymore. I still get acne. My boobs are too big to look good in tight clothes. My ass does not look good in jeans. Men dont hit on me. Women dont want to be me. The evidence is all there folks!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I gave myself a 5, I have issues with self confidence. I feel that I am average, not ugly. My husband would say I am a ten and gorgeous. LOL

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I gave myself a 6. When I was 23 I managed to reach my target weight & shed 8 stone, but i had no confidence to go with my new thin figure. Fast forward to now, at almost 39, and I actually feel attractive. My weight has stayed the same, I have married & had 2 children within 21 months of each other with no surplus weight gain & my tummy is flat due to hard work & exercise. I look after my skin & health. I am quirky due my parents mixed heritage (mum is part Egyptian, Jewish & Greek, dad was half Irish & English) so I have very dark long curly hair, olive skin, very pearcing bright blue eyes, a lovely full mouth but... a big nose. You can't win them all :lol:

With age I have grown to accept & love myself, even my honker. And according to my husband it is that inner confidence that makes me attractive. I get chatted up more now than I did 10 years ago :bigsmile:

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
athenaworth|1367119388|3435959 said:
I have one mirror in my house that makes me look smashing, but just the one. I think it's one of those funhouse type mirrors. Otherwise I'd say I'm a 7ish. I'm with Sara though, my husband thinks I'm a 10 so that's what really matters.

I've seen pictures.,,, you are a 10+.

As for me... I picked 7.... I've improved with age.. Grade school and middle school "homely" comes to mind... Through high school and college I matured and learned how to enhance my features and down play my liabilities. At 50, most don't think I look my age or they are kind enough to say so. I'm still a healthy weight for 5'11" (although I'm consistently trying to lose 5 lbs so one particular skirt will fit like I want it to)..mono helped...being healthy again...put those 7 lbs. right back on! I work out but I wouldn't say over the top.. So I'm fit just not perfect. I get compliments on my hair and at 50 I don't color it and only have a few gray hairs masked by highlights. My skin thinks I'm a teenager... It must be hormones. I think I'm very average, my husband thinks I'm a 10...so I went with 7.

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
When hair and make-up is done and camera angle is right, I'd give myself a 6, although I haven't voted because like measuring intelligence on the other thread, it's really hard to categorize your own looks. Being a book editor, I've got an MPhil in English but I don't think that makes me intelligent. All it means is that I sat at a desk for the required number of hours and read the required number of books, and had a father who paid for it! And looks are so subjective. I would really love to be tall and dark and mysterious. I want to be five foot ten with long, jet-black hair, instead of pale and five foot four. Love to be one of those women who can carry off huge pieces of jewellery and bright jewel tones. I dyed my hair very dark once but it didn't work, I looked like a ghost. When I wake up, I'd give myself no more than a 5. In my mind, the 8-9-10 ratings would be for the likes of Grace Kelly, Cindy Crawford, Elizabeth Taylor - some of the most beautiful women of all time. My ideal person looks-wise is Liv Tyler, with her long black hair.

I'm 38 now and I've had quite a lot of age-related comments since my birthday which haven't done a lot for my confidence, looks-wise. "Oh, now that you're getting older"....said by my parents, doctor, a family friend. Jesus, since when was still being in your thirties classified as "getting older"? I wouldn't think to say that until someone was in their mid-fifties. I really don't know what's the matter with people sometimes.

In this picture I'm wearing my new Whiteflash sapphires-by-the-yard necklace.

Charmypoo is absolutely gorgeous in my opinion - a true ten. ETA: This is all just a bit of fun on Kenny's part anyway. Since there will always be people better-looking and more intelligent than you, it's hopeless to even think too much about this stuff. I'm intelligent enough to get through life earning a living and not getting myself killed by doing something stupid, and attractive enough not to crack any mirrors, and that's good enough for me. My "better" person is my friend Laura. She looks like a green-eyed, blonde-haired version of Cindy Crawford, and she's a doctor (a surgeon), and she's a really, really nice person. So she's A-plus beautiful, caring, and very intelligent. There will always be someone better than you!

gedc0940.jpg

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a lovely, carefree picture, Smith :))

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
I voted 7. Two years ago when I was 10 lbs lighter, I still would have voted the same. I'm getting more and more comfortable with myself as I get older. I like my face :bigsmile:

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Alex T|1367159635|3436064 said:
This is a lovely, carefree picture, Smith :))

Thanks, Alex. You didn't notice the dark circles, then?? I'm wearing a ton of that hugely thick pot concealer in the pot from MAC but they're still there - I'd been up all night worrying about my mum, but my sister needed a picture for her family calendar, so I had to do my hair and makeup. My hair is naturally a total frizzball!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Apparently, posting from ForumRunner with a quote and a pic is beyond me. Let's try this again ....

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Jennifer W|1367137500|3436009 said:
kenny|1367101415|3435865 said:
Jennifer W|1367098870|3435850 said:
I'm going to disagree based on your hair alone ...

Whassup with Circe's hair?
Have you seen MY hair ... it's a tragedy in crisis! ;(

Well, I have only ever seen photos of it, and for all I know she could really be a bald man in his 80s, this being the internet, but Circe has the most glorious, waist length, luscious, shiny, thick and amazing hair I ever saw.

Mine is more aligned to yours (except in my head, where it's amazing, of course...). ;))

Dude, thank you! I think that' one of the nicest things anybody's said about my avata ... er, me.

I think it's a kind of objective awareness that's important when it comes to one's perception of oneself - once we adjust for self-esteem, any hope of accuracy goes out the window. I know I've got clear skin, thick hair, and decent proportions ... so, just speaking off that, I'm willing to give myself a 7. Like every other modern Western woman, do I have days where I'm convinced that my forehead wrinkles will make me an outcast from society? SURE. But giving in to that sort of thing ... that way lies madness (and a very rich plastic surgeon). Do we have a "shudder" emoticon?

Basically, what Jen said in her first post, but chock-full of verbosity.

P.S. - Smith, I think I have the same general build and coloring you do ... and the same beauty ideal. Always wished I was tall and slender and androgynously beautiful, with coarse straight black-or-red hair! But, since one works with what one has ... I'm content to be the best specimen of my type that I can. The alternative is no more sensible than a collie wishing it was a German Shepherd.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm a work in progress:
Gained 60+ pounds in the last few years while at school.
Rosacea that I'm trying to get under control.
Feet like my father. (even wide width aren't wide enough in a lot of shoes :nono: )
Thin, straight hair that doesn't do anything.
Nails that are dry and like to break, tear, and split.
Blood vessels visible through my pale skin.
Bruise moderately easy. (not so easy to be worried, but between being pale and rather active I've usually got a couple somewhere)
Teeth aren't straight and far from sparkly white.
I never wear makeup. (see the rosacea bit...)

The progress:
Started exercising (lost 6 pounds so far)
Prescriptions are finally helping rosacea
Holding out hope that losing some weight will help.
Going to a nice salon and taking vitamins.
More vitamins and carefully balancing diet.
Hoping exercise will help?
Eh. Shows that I have an active life.
Dentist has suggested braces. I'm considering.
Eh. If I have to skip this to keep my rosacea under control then it is well worth skipping!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
P.P.S. - I take back every nice thing I ever said about ForumRunner - it took me THIS LONG to get the one shot of the hair.

i_moonlight_as_cousin_it.jpg

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Circe|1367166770|3436106 said:
P.P.S. - I take back every nice thing I ever said about ForumRunner - it took me THIS LONG to get the one shot of the hair.

Circe - you're a real-life Rapunzel! What amazing hair!!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I'm a 5. Average. Not fat (a size 6 now that I've got middle-age spread), features are pretty uneven, nothing too exciting.

With the right light and a good hair day, I can get to a 6.

But I try to be interesting to talk to, and that can nudge me into an 7 in overall attractiveness.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mmmm...a 5 I'd day. Just average. Weight to lose, not good skin and now starting to see lines in addition to the acne so yay for being almost 40. :rolleyes:

Back in the day, I would've said like 8 or so. I've watched guys run into things while turning to look, and one woman taking her husbands face in her hands and turning it back to look at her after she'd nudged him several times. Eeeeeh that was a long time ago.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guess the poll is closed? Well, that's one less 10 for your records, Kenny.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
With or without make up? I can go from a 5 to a 10 in about 20 minutes! It's amazing what a shower, a quick hair blowout and well applied make-up can do for a woman :twirl:
In all honesty, I think at the ripe age of 40, I'm aging well among my age peers...so I gave myself an 8.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So Kenny, is the next one going to be How Sexy do you think you are???? :naughty:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
arkieb1|1367188847|3436286 said:
So Kenny, is the next one going to be How Sexy do you think you are???? :naughty:

How about, "Do these polls make my @ss look fat?" :lol:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1367193933|3436330 said:
arkieb1|1367188847|3436286 said:

How about, "Do these polls make my @ss look fat?" :lol:

Sadly I think these days my arse mostly looks fat. LOL I don't need a poll to tell me that!!! :lol:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some of you are really hard on yourselves!

I'm sure you are much better looking than you think.

DevinG

Rough_Rock
I had to laugh when i read this thread topic. My hubby and i met on a site called hotornot.com. You post a pic of yourself and people rate you from a 1-10. Then you can 'meet' the people you rate by sending them a message. 3 weeks after we met he moved in. He was an instant 'Dad' as i was a single mommy to a 1 1/2 yr old. And after being together for 11 months, we got married.

9 1/2 years and a 2nd kiddo later, were still looking good if not better than when we met. He was rated a 9.8 and i was a 7.6 on that silly website....i'd say we've both improved in the looks department since then...hehe :naughty: Not to sound vain but I don't know many 35 year olds that after 2 kids can do fitness modeling :bigsmile: **yuppers that's me below :naughty: **

devin_fitness_1_slr.jpg

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Crikey, Devin! And here I am proud of my flat tummy after 2 children in quick succession, but yours kicks its arse right out of the water!! Holy cow!! :shock:
And how funny that you met your man that way. It just shows you love can happen anywhere. But I would rate you higher than that. I almost fancy you & I'm straight! :lol:

DevinG

Rough_Rock
Awe! thank you very much....you're making me blush :oops:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
DevinG, I am smaller like you but after three kids my stomach is just loose skin. Standing up it looks normal but as soon as I lean over its all nasty and shrivled like. You look amazing!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lknvrb4|1367231677|3436528 said:
DevinG, I am smaller like you but after three kids my stomach is just loose skin. Standing up it looks normal but as soon as I lean over its all nasty and shrivled like. You look amazing!

Me too, the loose skin is my problem as well. I don't think you can fix it either, no matter how flat your tummy is. ;(

DevinG, you look hot!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results