Votes: 21 23.6%

Votes: 1 1.1%

Votes: 9 10.1%

• Total voters

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On a scale of 1 to 10 ...
1 being the least attractive, and 10 being the most attractive.
Define attractive however YOU define it.

Just vote the first number that comes into your head, before your ability to vote with your gut-answer is crippled by questions like "how should we define attractiveness?, or do you mean how attractive compared to others my age?, with or without make up?, how attractive do others think I am?, etc."
IOW, don't think, just answer.

This poll is asking for your unscientific and instinctive rating of yourself.
Poll result is not how attractive people ARE, just how attractive they think they are.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm comfortable being a 3.
No big deal.

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
This one is tougher for me than the intelligence one lol!! Several years and pounds ago I was higher than I am now :). I gave myself a 7.

portia

Brilliant_Rock
kenny|1367085934|3435731 said:
No big deal.

I consider myself a 3 as well. The older I get, the more comfortable I am with it.

fabulousfindk

Shiny_Rock
I think I'm gorgeous until I see myself in photos! :lol:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I gave myself the same score as the smart thread - a five, average. I don't feel I've aged well and was much more attractive when I was younger. It bothers me but I'm working on getting over it.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
fabulousfindk|1367087280|3435742 said:
I think I'm gorgeous until I see myself in photos! :lol:

This, exactly!

Its amazing to me how the spirit stays young and beautiful while the external package ages; sometimes I'm shocked when I look in the mirror, thinking "who is that?!"

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
This thread, moreso than the intelligence one I feel, will yield lower scores than what is actually true. I think people are really bad about selling themselves short for the most part when it comes to looks. I guess it depends on each person's individual interpretation if the scale but for me, I have a hard time believing that anyone on the boards is a 3 as I would judge it. I can't even think of many "3's" I've seen in real life.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I am average, not gorgeous and by no means ugly. Yesterday I was 54 but I am aging very well. I actually think I am improving with age!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
portia|1367087044|3435740 said:
kenny|1367085934|3435731 said:
No big deal.

I consider myself a 3 as well. The older I get, the more comfortable I am with it.

Indeed.
Getting old sucks in some ways, but in many many ways it's such a peaceful time of life.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sonnyjane|1367087707|3435748 said:
This thread, moreso than the intelligence one I feel, will yield lower scores than what is actually true. I think people are really bad about selling themselves short for the most part when it comes to looks. I guess it depends on each person's individual interpretation if the scale but for me, I have a hard time believing that anyone on the boards is a 3 as I would judge it. I can't even think of many "3's" I've seen in real life.

True, but this thread is about our impressions of ourselves.
I think there are 4 separate things:
1. How we rate ourselves
2. How others rate us
3. How we think others rate us
4. How we really are ............. which of course is BS, a trap since 4 doesn't exist, only 1 through 3.

Answering this thread should be simple.
Unfortunately the question inspires analysis paralysis.
I blame the beauty industry, fashion and media.
They make trillions getting us to think that in order to be attractive we need what they sell.

Same thing with that singing poll.
100 years ago many of our great grandparents spent their evenings singing around the piano, guitar, or ukulele.
Enter radio, and profit from idolizing the famous stars.
Suddenly 'real' singers were those who made companies rich.
The common person got no positive feedback since nobody makes any money off my ordinary sister's singing last night in the parlor.

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Oh gosh, no paralysis here. I can't actually vote for some reason, it won't register my (vain) opinion...

You know how some pretty, healthy looking people can look in a mirror and see a gross distortion of their actual shape and image looking back at them? Well, I have a sort of reverse body dysmorphic disorder. In the face of even quite strong evidence (I've weighed almost 100lbs more than I do now one point, and I've had terrible acne in the past) I am firmly convinced, unshakably certain in my belief that I'm positively stunning[/]. I think I can convince other people, too. Well, some of them. :bigsmile:

In reality, I have to say I'm probably a 5 or thereabouts, but in my own head? 10 and then some. It just makes life nicer, I think. :lol:

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
AprilBaby|1367088538|3435754 said:
I think I am average, not gorgeous and by no means ugly. Yesterday I was 54 but I am aging very well. I actually think I am improving with age!

Me too. I'm growing into my looks. :D

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
I wish I saw myself through my man's eyes. He knew me when I was young and a 9. He then saw me again, 30+ years and an extra
40 lbs later and still thinks I'm a 9. I see myself as a 6. I have to say, even though I hate the extra lbs, no one believes I am 57 with 12 grandkids. The extra weight smooths out the wrinkles. :lol:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh gosh, when I was young and in amazing shape, I was maybe an 8?

After having two kids in two years?? I'm more like a 5.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I rate myself and a 3...when I was thin and younger..maybe a 4 or 5..I turned a few heads in my day..but now, nope...however I will say I have had several comments that I do not look my age..I am 52..so that always makes me feel a little better.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
sonnyjane said:

I'm with you. Between our weird Puritanical emphasis on false modesty as a virtue, and the way many women are taught to judge themselves as harshly as possible over minutia ... to obsess over their "cankles" and their obscure wrinkles-gone-bad (why do I even know about nasolbial folds and how they can be corrected?!?) ... I'd probably add a few digits to most people's self-image.
Me, I figure I'm a seven. I'm not particularly pretty, too strong-featured ... but in a more eloquent age, I probably would have been described as a handsome woman. I'm good with that. :naughty:

Also, JenW, WORD.

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Circe|1367094734|3435816 said:
sonnyjane said:

I'm with you. Between our weird Puritanical emphasis on false modesty as a virtue, and the way many women are taught to judge themselves as harshly as possible over minutia ... to obsess over their "cankles" and their obscure wrinkles-gone-bad (why do I even know about nasolbial folds and how they can be corrected?!?) ... I'd probably add a few digits to most people's self-image.
Me, I figure I'm a seven. I'm not particularly pretty, too strong-featured ... but in a more eloquent age, I probably would have been described as a handsome woman. I'm good with that. :naughty:

Also, JenW, WORD.
;))

I'm going to disagree based on your hair alone and go for a 9 (not that I was invited to re-rate you, but well, why not?)
I don't rate 'pretty' terribly highly, though. It isn't the same as attractive (to me). I suppose bound up in the original question is the implicit one of what do you think makes for attractive?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jennifer W|1367098870|3435850 said:
I'm going to disagree based on your hair alone ...

Whassup with Circe's hair?
Have you seen MY hair ... it's a tragedy in crisis! ;(

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I am every so slightly narcasstic and I have a pretty high confidence level so I would rate myself a 7. Before children (aka added weight) I would say I would closer to an 8.5. ;)) Hubby thinks I'm a 12 so that is all that really matters! :devil:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would say a 6, decent looking but not gorgeous. I think I have aged gracefully but my age is beginning to show.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I voted 7. I think I am decent looking. I am still a 7 after two kids. I would've voted 7 before kids too.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have one mirror in my house that makes me look smashing, but just the one. I think it's one of those funhouse type mirrors. Otherwise I'd say I'm a 7ish. I'm with Sara though, my husband thinks I'm a 10 so that's what really matters.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
athenaworth|1367119388|3435959 said:
I have one mirror in my house that makes me look smashing, but just the one. I think it's one of those funhouse type mirrors. Otherwise I'd say I'm a 7ish. I'm with Sara though, my husband thinks I'm a 10 so that's what really matters.

You're gorgeous...you ARE a 10!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MC|1367120453|3435963 said:

You're gorgeous...you ARE a 10!

Oh I agree...Athena, I've seen pics of you here on PS...a 10 for sure!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock

If you are a 7, the rest of us are 1 :razz:

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My wife says I'm a 10. Who am I to argue?

Perry

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
perry|1367126949|3435998 said:
My wife says I'm a 10. Who am I to argue?

Perry

:D Very cute!

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A lot less post-baby. :(

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results