shape
carat
color
clarity

How are you eating during the virus lockdown?

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
@mrs-b A super easy non-dairy ice cream recipe:

2 cans full fat coconut milk(without any thickener)
1 cup nut butter of choice
1-2 Tbsp Vanilla extract(I use an organic non-alcoholic version)
Sweetener of choice to taste, I like to use stevia glycerite(about 2 tsp) as it doesn't freeze as solid as a powdered sweetener like swerve
Dash of salt
Dash of cinnamon

Put the canned coconut milk in the refrigerator overnight, this allows the milk to separate. Pour off the liquid(save for baking or smoothies) and only use the thick/fattier portion.

Place all ingredients in the blender, blend until mixed. If I have time it is best to cool the mixture back down in the refridgerator for a few hours before placing in the ice cream maker.
Keto Ice Cream freezes hard, so it is best when taking it back out of the freezer to eat again to give it some time to thaw a bit before scooping.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BabyBlue, me too! Gained quarantine weight and can’t seem to get back on intermittent fasting consistently! Also the baking made me crave chocolate and sweets which I never did pre quarantine,;more of a potato chip and other salty savory crunchy addict. Maybe when summer gets in full force here and I get back to going in to work full time I will be more motivated? !

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Last night waa surposed to be ribbs
The sauce arrived in the grocery delivery
But no pork :cry2:

So we had pork ribblet (the kind that makes a nice hot sandwhich) nstread with hash brows and peas & corn, a pinnaple ring and a slice of beetroot for Gary

A bit ho hum

xsouzie

Shiny_Rock
Last night waa surposed to be ribbs
The sauce arrived in the grocery delivery
But no pork :cry2:

So we had pork ribblet (the kind that makes a nice hot sandwhich) nstread with hash brows and peas & corn, a pinnaple ring and a slice of beetroot for Gary

A bit ho hum

Still sounds good to me. =)2

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I started Humira a few months back - and its stimulates your appetite. I'm also on Prednisone - which also stimulates your appetite. And I'm on two other drugs, both of which suppress your metabolism. AWESOME!

:roll2:

I've been holding steady, but it's KILLING MEEEEEEEE!!

Ah well.

For July 4th, I decided to stay keto, but try to do something not calorie restricted and decidedly celebratory. I've made beef spare rib casserole - which is sublime, if I do say so myself! - and for dessert - pineapple cheesecake with a toasted almond and walnut base.

I made it last night, and the household lasted aaaalllll the way to 10.15 this morning before there was a small uprising in the kitchen and the cheesecake was duly trotted out!

And I have to say, it was DELICIOUS! DH is up for a second slice later in the day, but GD (god-daughter!) and I have called one slice enough, despite it being utterly, mouth-wateringly delicious!

Here are a few snaps of our already-eaten dessert. Casserole and a nice shiraz will be around 2pm.

Happy 4th!

20210704_101533.jpg

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Yum that cheesecake looks divine! And the casserole sounds delicious too. I love cheesecake too!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lockdown has forced us to step up our cooking. Has been both fulfilling and stomach loving=)2

so we had bbq last weekend with about 20 family members, no no bbq today

made 2 layer lemon cake (no box- from scratch -a-tee-scratch) with lemon buttercream icing (also scratch-a-tee) ::) proud of my baking, chicken fried rice, bacon broccoli quiche…mmm mmm good

B49ACD79-4877-4C07-9AC6-24CD6F640004.jpeg EFF6D6E2-F339-417D-AC61-2CAF568389E3.jpeg 07E0AE4A-4CF5-4E41-8C5A-F9F682DC4F96.jpeg

xsouzie

Shiny_Rock
Hoisin chicken udon noodles...
IMG_20210629_0543555_2.jpeg

My first time trying out a hot and sour soup recipe...
IMG_20210608_0145598_2.jpeg

Cashew chicken...
IMG_20210624_0508417_2.jpeg

Congee with chicken and century eggs...
IMG_20210626_1956276_2.jpeg

Lobster poutine...
IMG_20210628_2012095_2.jpeg

And a naked black forest cake I baked for Father's Day... IMG_20210620_0552117_2.jpeg

xsouzie

Shiny_Rock
So I started Humira a few months back - and its stimulates your appetite. I'm also on Prednisone - which also stimulates your appetite. And I'm on two other drugs, both of which suppress your metabolism. AWESOME!

:roll2:

I've been holding steady, but it's KILLING MEEEEEEEE!!

Ah well.

For July 4th, I decided to stay keto, but try to do something not calorie restricted and decidedly celebratory. I've made beef spare rib casserole - which is sublime, if I do say so myself! - and for dessert - pineapple cheesecake with a toasted almond and walnut base.

I made it last night, and the household lasted aaaalllll the way to 10.15 this morning before there was a small uprising in the kitchen and the cheesecake was duly trotted out!

And I have to say, it was DELICIOUS! DH is up for a second slice later in the day, but GD (god-daughter!) and I have called one slice enough, despite it being utterly, mouth-wateringly delicious!

Here are a few snaps of our already-eaten dessert. Casserole and a nice shiraz will be around 2pm.

Happy 4th!

20210704_101533.jpg

Cheesecake looks delish!! Can you share the recipe?

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
B2501F5A-1104-4071-8DF0-3D286313651F.jpeg F5119EFF-1355-4041-AC7C-29C709ADFE36.jpeg 63131093-43EF-4799-9F17-0542AEC81983.jpeg 364C7482-22E4-4C00-8355-7866BC63C616.jpeg
I have been making some stuff for my 19 year old away in college. Home cooking that he misses….my kids are korean/chinese/Japanese American so from the top, we have matcha and cream cookies, sesame chicken and asian Napa slaw, oxtail stew with daikon , and bibimbap! Multi-cultural meals made by yours truly.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cheesecake looks delish!! Can you share the recipe?

There really wasn't one, I'm sorry. I made it up myself and just threw things together. I've made so many cheesecakes over the years, I just sort of know how it should look. I'll give it a go, tho, but pls be aware - this is a rough guess!

Grind one cup of roasted salted almonds and one cup of walnuts, one tablespoon of cinnamon, 1.5oz of melted butter and 1/4 cup of Swerve sweetener.
Push into the bottom of a springform pan and refrigerate.

Beat 2 softened packets of Philadelphia cream cheese, 1.5 cups of heavy cream, whipped, and 1.5 cups of full fat sour cream.
Add 1 cup of Swerve sweetener.
Combine 2 packets of sugar free lemon jello with 1 cup of boiling water and one cup of cold water and refrigerate till cool and beginning to set. Stir into creamed mixture and pour over base.

When firm, evenly distribute one can of unsweetened, thoroughly drained, crushed pineapple over the top.

Make jelly with 1 cup of boiling water, 1 cup of unsweetened pineapple juice, and 1 packet of gelatin.
Cool till beginning to set and pour evenly over pineapple on top of cheesecake.

Refrigerate overnight.

xsouzie

Shiny_Rock
There really wasn't one, I'm sorry. I made it up myself and just threw things together. I've made so many cheesecakes over the years, I just sort of know how it should look. I'll give it a go, tho, but pls be aware - this is a rough guess!

Grind one cup of roasted salted almonds and one cup of walnuts, one tablespoon of cinnamon, 1.5oz of melted butter and 1/4 cup of Swerve sweetener.

Beat 2 softened packets of Philadelphia cream cheese, 1.5 cups of heavy cream, whipped, and 1.5 cups of full fat sour cream.
Combine 2 packets of sugar free lemon jello with 1 cup of boiling water and one cup of cold water and refrigerate till cool and beginning to set. Stir into creamed mixture and pour over base.

When firm, evenly distribute one can of unsweetened, thoroughly drained, crushed pineapple over the top.

Make jelly with 1 cup of boiling water, 1 cup of unsweetened pineapple juice, and 1 packet of gelatin.

Refrigerate overnight.

Excellent and it's no-bake too...thank you!!! I will try this soon and post the results!

musicalmeow

Rough_Rock
Lobster poutine...
IMG_20210628_2012095_2.jpeg

o_O Omg!!!!

How did I only just see this now? :kiss2:

Recipe, pretty please? (or adopt me) :lickout:

That, and also the cashew chicken, the Hoisin chicken udon noodle, and oh the Black Forest cake...I could go on

(my husband's complaining that it's mean to post pics of such delicious cooking when we have no such skills or access to these meals :lol:)

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am eating much healthier.

I have a blood sugar issue and when I was going into the office, I ate around meetings/work schedules and trying to keep my blood sugar from dropping. In addition, there was always food in the office and a lot of going out to eat. (I've never been one to keep a lot of junk food in the house).

Working at home, I eat based on the needs of my body - smaller meals, when I am hungry and healthier snacking when needed (often it's just a glass of OJ to keep my blood sugar from dropping). Despite not getting as much exercise, I have managed to lose weight without a lot of effort.

xsouzie

Shiny_Rock
o_O Omg!!!!

How did I only just see this now? :kiss2:

Recipe, pretty please? (or adopt me) :lickout:

That, and also the cashew chicken, the Hoisin chicken udon noodle, and oh the Black Forest cake...I could go on

(my husband's complaining that it's mean to post pics of such delicious cooking when we have no such skills or access to these meals :lol:)

It's super simple! The only thing I did different was I fried my fries instead of baking. Enjoy!

https://thegirlonbloor.com/lobster-poutine/#recipe

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I rely heavily on my local farmer’s market, I love all of the summer veggies…although I have a love for ice cream to make up for it!

Some favorites this summer

Veggie quiche (spinach, tomato, onion, bell pepper & garlic scapes)
0C297B26-9D9E-47C0-B815-FFF79CCEE710.jpeg

“Green eggs” (made with basil pesto, sautéed shallots and cherry tomatoes)
6A54D206-9B89-4095-877F-2605E1D71148.jpeg

BBQ ground beef with riced cauliflower and broccoli
6F2EFE5B-539A-47C8-8987-68CB3CED576A.jpeg

Sautéed brown sugar salmon with lemon, garlic and broccolini gnocchi
101707F3-5A6A-4566-880E-DDA971F22E46.jpeg

A whole spread…roasted beets with pesto, sweet corn, tomato and pepper salad, baked Brie with local honey and a delicious sourdough I wish I knew how to make!!!
7C383147-D2D9-466B-B8B4-27CE615BE511.jpeg

Caprese salad with heirloom tomatoes
0C5CE422-C087-470D-B587-ED656811D791.jpeg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bird's nest dessert. Legend has it that bird's nest will make you look at least 10 yrs younger than your actual age...:wink2:

IMG_1861.jpg

Longan fruit from Asian market. This is the first time I bought Longans this yr. I usually buy Lychee, but Lychee season is over. :(sad

IMG_1862.jpg

Last edited:

Wink

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Well, I started out eating poorly and gained a few pounds.

Back around the beginning of March I changed to a mostly plant based diet with some occasional backsliding for a Ribeye done on the Traeger.

I have lost about thirty pounds and feel better than ever, at least until I got home from the get together in Houston. I have to say, when you catch a cold in Texas it is a big bad WOLF of a cold. Finally, after a week of this, I am beginning to feel almost human again.

I am loving some of the food pictures posted on the last few pages. I will also say that the Blue Zone Cook Book gifted to me by my daughter has put some new favorites on my things to eat list.

Wink

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still eating ice cream daily :)

Just from the past week. :lickout:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Chili. Spicy with hot sauce and cumin. I realized I had no canned tomato's, so I used the frozen tomato guts (yanno the insides of fresh Roma tomato's that you scrape out/save & freeze when you make bruchetta) , instead. In past, I would make chili with only fresh tomato's, but now with Covid and to shop?. Anyway, I needed extra volume as the tomato guts were not sufficient, so I added grilled organic cauliflower and it was delish!! WHO KNEW cauliflower was SO versatile?????

cheers--Sharon

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know if anyone has heard of this BUT I ordered a "Suvie 2" and it's actually shipping! I'm excited to try it!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
this lock down we are eatting so much better than the last one
we even got a grocery delivery last night from yeaterday morning !
thats a good day in normal times

Cat food is the big problem but i got 3 small frozen chickens for $20 to help stretch the only food they like thats available and affordable

Of course Borris has gone off tuna in springwater, (which was her grocery day treat) now the supermarket seem to be letting us buy as much canned tuna as we want

The range of meat we usually get was a bit thin on the ground this week but we are not having to resort to too much proceeded meat like last time

Lucky we got that new freezer last month and its pretty full plus we were able to do our regular delivery shop as we went into lockdown and then a smaller click and collect older a few days latter of stuff we had forgotton

They (the supermarket Gods) have restricted some items - frozen food and cat food but its like there is a clitch in their system and its not logical
i could not order 1x kitty litter - it kept saying it would reduce my trolley as i had more than the allowed 6 items
Then they have the little friskies cans on a multi deal but that upset buying the bigger boxes of sachets which goes further
and after ordering 2x frozen peas, 2 x frozen corn 2x frozen green beans i couldn't order a packet of frozen oven fries or a pack of frozen spinach because that would mean 7 bags of frozen veg ???
But thats our nornal fortnightly order
not hoarding
How are families ment to shop ?
One would be in the super market 3 times a week when obviously its better to limit visits???

Anyway plenty of fresh fruit and veg available, which is a big change from last time after having to shop at the smaller neighbourhod grocery store as Gary's eye is good enough to drive and people just dont seem to be panicking this time (excluding loo paper) blus we are coming out of winter not going into it

Tonight im making a rice risotto so the cats can have some of the beef mince and its a big packet of mince so ill also make my Mexican meat loaf thingy that i cook in pastry with cheese and we can have that Thursday and i might make a chicken soup tomorrow

Also this time around i have my little part time job (being paid by govt wage subsidy in lockdown) so the budget can stretch to some treats
even though the bills dont stop rolling in just because we are lockdown

i am enjoying having store bought bread and not having to make lock down recepies than require stress about accessing baking ingredients like flour and baking powder

actually we have been having crumpets for breakfast
yum yum

hope you are all well and are hopefuly vacinated and being safe and eatting well

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

Refrigerate overnight.

jelly crystals make the best non baked cheese cakes
this sounds delicouse Mrs B
my recepie is very similar

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Weather getting cooler so I’m back to cooking mode. This week I made beef stew, Taiwanese braised beef noodles and Chili, which we ate with corn bread. I did not get a picture of the chili….also throwing in a picture of the amazing dim sum we had a couple weeks ago, and my occasional cheese and cracker meal that I make when the kids are eating out and it is just me and my hubby

0B537087-E0A5-4B19-AB56-4338975A459F.jpeg 79024F87-7604-4F53-A689-BB64A4B51D0C.jpeg 173FA4D6-5F2A-489F-87AF-9F53038E7450.jpeg CAAA2A11-4CFE-46EE-9A9F-E7847109B32F.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results